If you could bring back any star, who?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^^I didn't see much of Hassan aside from his bucking heads with Hogan. I get the impression I missed someone rather good.

On topic...

Keeping it based in reality (rather than dragging corpses and cripples back to the squared circle), I think the big guns in this topic are Rock, Lesnar and to a lesser extent RVD....

On one hand, as already touched upon above, I don't think Rock would necessarily translate so well in this era (the whole PG-schtick would mean he couldn't use half of his catchphrases for starters) and whilst there'd be a few hot matches, he's kinda 'been there and done that'. RVD to an extent has also already acheived what he's likely to in WWE (Let's face it, he's hardly evolved since the old ECW days). Whilst Brock, on the other hand, had so much ahead of him when he left the first time around. I also think his character fits so well into todays 'reality' orientated WWE product.

MikeRaw

^Agreed. There's so much Brock hasn't done. Imagine a feud with Batista or Triple H? Or Orton or Cena (He feuded with Cena, but that was pre-Cena main event)? He left way too early :n:
There`s a very real chance he could`ve ended up right up there with the Rock, Austin, and Hogan`s of the world, as being the guy to carry their era.

straight_edge76

Honestly if Lesner was to return (which he will never do) I would mark the fuck out. I was a huge Lesner fan back in 2003-2004.

the dark knight

meh, posted it somewhere i think.

rock, austin, hogan, lesnar, rvd, goldberg, bret hart, razor ramon aaaaaaaaaaand.........hassan probably

MikeRaw

^That's a pretty big list, which kinda takes away from the purpose, lol. Were they in order?
Also, since when does everyone love Brock Lesnar? I thought I was one of the only ones who cares about him any more, lol. I knew some others did, like Next Big Thing (judging by the name), and Legendkillerpunk mentioned it before, but I swear, I don't remember anyone else ever mentioning him.
Oh well, just further proves what a loss he was to WWE :(

the dark knight

i think the very first thread i started on IWF was about who you want back to the wwe, and i mentioned lesnar :)

no, they weren't in order and everything about me's big anyway. get used to it :shifty:

edit-

not the first, but probably one of the first. as you know i rarely start threads so yea it took me a while to start one on here.

edit again -

it was actually the first, i looked it up lol.

Airfixx

^That's a pretty big list, which kinda takes away from the purpose, lol. Were they in order?
Also, since when does everyone love Brock Lesnar? I thought I was one of the only ones who cares about him any more, lol. I knew some others did, like Next Big Thing (judging by the name), and Legendkillerpunk mentioned it before, but I swear, I don't remember anyone else ever mentioning him.
Oh well, just further proves what a loss he was to WWE :(

I wasn't the biggest of fans, but if he'd have stuck around and developed i think he'd have re-set the bar for what is expected of 'bigmen'... Damn shame... I mean... Look at Batista in comparrison... it's rather laughable.

Reaction score
Also, since when does everyone love Brock Lesnar? I thought I was one of the only ones who cares about him any more, lol. I knew some others did, like Next Big Thing (judging by the name)
I like Brock Lesnar in the UFC, but I didn't like him much in the WWE. I think he's probably one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. When I joined my first forum I couldn't think of a name and this popped in my head and I have used it on every forum since. Someone made me the avatar and I put it in around the time I signed up and haven't bothered to change it or look for a new one.

Anyways, the guy I would bring back is the Rock. He's still young enough and he could still be entertaining in this day and age. Someone mentioned that he couldn't be with the PG rating, but like it was talked about on here a few weeks ago, some of the things he said were pretty immature. Given his fantastic mic skills and charisma I have little doubt that he could still be quite entertaining without having to swear in his promos.

MikeRaw

I like Brock Lesnar in the UFC, but I didn't like him much in the WWE. I think he's probably one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. When I joined my first forum I couldn't think of a name and this popped in my head and I have used it on every forum since. Someone made me the avatar and I put it in around the time I signed up and haven't bothered to change it or look for a new one.

Overrated? Fuck you :n: Lol.

straight_edge76

During Lesner's run he was one of my favorites in the WWE. And I believe that if he stuck around he would be "The Thing." I seriously doubt that Batista would have been given the monster push he has bee given since Lesner left. We would be talking about Lesner/HHH matches or Lesner/Orton (Which IMO woul OWN) rather then Roidista and (insert main eventer here)

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
^^^^I didn't see much of Hassan aside from his bucking heads with Hogan. I get the impression I missed someone rather good.

Yes, his gimmick played off that he was a victim of racism because of his Arab heritage even though he was American.

[yt]5Fzi6FRGGTA[/yt]

They got rid of him because the network got pissed over an angle where some masked men jumped the Undertaker and it aired on the same day as the London bombings in 05.

[YT]oTugY2fYMv4[/YT]

UPN didn't want the character on TV anymore because of the negative press about him being a terrorist (ironically making his gimmick real).

Watching the following video (which was his last promo) I was honestly pissed at the fans for ruining this.
[YT]F_CEQRzm3IE[/YT]

the dark knight

did i mention before that daivari never spoke an arabic word? its all farsi. always thought its dumb.

did i also mention anywhere else that i fucking hate it when superstars speak foreign languages? la resistance, maryse, daivari, kozlov and khali....shit, pisses me off.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Rock, Lesnar, Mark Jindrak and Johnny The Bull.

And if we had a time machine, 97 Kevin Nash, 96/97 DDP and a 96 Sid Vicious.