IF they unify the belts, should we get a cruiserweight belt back?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
As title says what do you think?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Nah. I think the way the title situation would be after the unification - one world title, two midcard singles titles, tag team titles, women's title - is the perfect balance. You'd have your championship for the main eventers to fight over, you'd have two belts for the midcard (which makes up the bulk of the roster) to compete over, and then you'd have a title exclusive for tag teams and a title exclusive for the Divas.

IMO, having four titles minimum and five titles maximum is the perfect set number of championships to have for the roster at any time. It's why before this unification was to take place, I was calling for the US Title to be unified with the IC Title and be done away with, but now that the WHC is on the way out, there's no need.

Reactions: Cloud

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Plus the cruiserweight belt restricts talents smaller than a certain size. Guys like Punk and Bryan would have been relegated to that scene unless they were special. Had Guerrerro or Benoit not been who they were they would have never gone above the Cruiserweight scene.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I don't think it matters whether or not they unify the belts, would love to see it back. A cruiserweight division would kick ass. Would rather them all be stuck in a Cruiserweight division than bumping their heads against the ceilings of midcard/superstars hell.

Didn't see the old WCW Cruiserweight division, can someone fill me in to how that it was so limiting/damaging to the wrestlers?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I mean lets face it, less is more when it comes to championships. This is one area they should not water down. If you see 8 different dudes on a roster with a belt it doesn't even seem like it matters. If you have the WWE champ, he is the best. The IC Champ is recognized as the #2 dude in the company. And your tag champs are kings of the tag division.

more belts than that only diminishes the rest of them.

I want to go back to it meaning something when a dude has a championship. not, oh well, I guess its his turn in this shitty mid card rotation for this mid card belt.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I mean lets face it, less is more when it comes to championships. This is one area they should not water down. If you see 8 different dudes on a roster with a belt it doesn't even seem like it matters. If you have the WWE champ, he is the best. The IC Champ is recognized as the #2 dude in the company. And your tag champs are kings of the tag division.

more belts than that only diminishes the rest of them.

I want to go back to it meaning something when a dude has a championship. not, oh well, I guess its his turn in this shitty mid card rotation for this mid card belt.

Exactly. The Divas' belt is fine since they exist in their own universe. So the fewer belts, the better.

How do you explain to a fan what the IC title means? "Oh, he's the best of the guys not good enough to be in the main event"?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Exactly. The Divas' belt is fine since they exist in their own universe. So the fewer belts, the better.

How do you explain to a fan what the IC title means? "Oh, he's the best of the guys not good enough to be in the main event"?

Total Divas division needs to gtfo and we both know it.

How do I explain two chicks wrestling? Oh, well, they... idk, they think they are athletic or something and this guy names Vince wants to fuck the blonde so he gives her air time...

If you only reason for not having the IC strap is because you don't know how to explain it to 'fans' (what fans don't know the history of the IC belt??) than yea, not a concern of mine.

Snowman1

Reaction score
We can argue about this another day, just a difference of opinion. Later guys

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just find it fascinating you are quick to toss the IC title aside with all of its history and you are down to keep the most pointless belt in the history of the world around.

You do know Vince created the divas division just because he wanted to fuck Sable, no? I don't think we are much further from that at this point in time. The division had its highs and lows, a couple of great performers who were exceptions not the rule, but all in all it is a massive joke and everyone sees it.

Nick

Reaction score
It should be:
WWE Title
IC
Tag
Divas

As for the whole Divas-Vince fucking thing, they need a womens division with a title. Get an Instagram or Twitter and look on comments on divas pages. These 10-14 year old girls worship the Total Divas, and don't forget all the creepy fucker that love AJ. And that's not to mention how bad of PR move it'd be for them to just axe the divas title. "Fox News here, WWE is sexist"

They need the division. Besides, it's useful for everyone else because divas = piss break