If Not Roman, Who?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should be the one to slay the beast?

• Still Roman Reigns

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Bobby Lashley

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Seth Rollins

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Finn Balor

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Braun Strowman

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Drew Mcintyre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No one. Brock 4 ever

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Rumours say that Brock will next defend the title at Summerslam. At this point Seth is the clear contender for him. He is the complete opposite to Brock. The storyline is there and the match could be great. If Seth neats him clean the that would be a huge moment.

If it turns out to be Roman, then holy shit. Why even bother?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Rumours say that Brock will next defend the title at Summerslam. At this point Seth is the clear contender for him. He is the complete opposite to Brock. The storyline is there and the match could be great. If Seth neats him clean the that would be a huge moment.

If it turns out to be Roman, then holy shit. Why even bother?

I mean, Seth is the type of person to beat Brock clean through pure gut and determination, yet still, have an element of being beatable later on. He's the person who can make an opponent look good and make you believe he may lose, even if we know beforehand that Rollins will win. Plus, if he holds the belt, we can have him against Dean again with the roles flipped for the top title, a heel Roman, or, perhaps for Wrestlemania, a Triple Threat, the second between the former Shield members except with a new dynamic and hopefully, with all three for the build, raise it to greater heights.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I mean, Seth is the type of person to beat Brock clean through pure gut and determination, yet still, have an element of being beatable later on. He's the person who can make an opponent look good and make you believe he may lose, even if we know beforehand that Rollins will win. Plus, if he holds the belt, we can have him against Dean again with the roles flipped for the top title, a heel Roman, or, perhaps for Wrestlemania, a Triple Threat, the second between the former Shield members except with a new dynamic and hopefully, with all three for the build, raise it to greater heights.
Roman v Ambrose v Seth at Mania 35 is what I would do. Roman heel, Dean Tweener and Seth face. I do think we need to see a short Shield reunion before that tho.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Roman v Ambrose v Seth at Mania 35 is what I would do. Roman heel, Dean Tweener and Seth face. I do think we need to see a short Shield reunion before that tho.

We got one last year and it kind of flopped just due to bad luck. Although I'm sure if they wait for Dean's likely turn or a turn for Roman, they could easily just come together and team, and only wear the "Shield attire" for big matches together, while saying "The Shield is back." A more subtle reunion rather than them just trying to copy the success of before.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
We got one last year and it kind of flopped just due to bad luck. Although I'm sure if they wait for Dean's likely turn or a turn for Roman, they could easily just come together and team, and only wear the "Shield attire" for big matches together, while saying "The Shield is back." A more subtle reunion rather than them just trying to copy the success of before.
I think you got to go full hog with the Shield stuff, since technically they are still together. But you can do that if they all want to be singles stars. Especially if Seth is the champ. I would have a full on Shield reunion for a few months then BOOM Wrestlemania season split them up.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Wrestle Mania should be cancelled for insufficient quality. The last great mania was WM 17

Wrestlemania always varies in quality like a lot of shows. Wrestlemania 17 was seen as the "Greatest Mania" so obviously it's hard to reach that level, but there have been good Wrestlemanias and some which were pretty great. Wrestlemania 30 had a very iconic ending in Bryan finally reaching the top after a gutsy performance wrestling twice and winning along with the Streak ending, Cesaro raising the Big Show, Bray vs Cena (even if Bray could have won, he still had a good debut at WM). WM 31 had a shit build, but as soon as the show happened there wasn't a "bad match" on the show and the ending was great. WM 24 had a good WWE title Triple Threat, a great main event, a great match between Michaels and Flair, one of the few good Celebrity Matches at Wrestlemania, CM Punk winning a great MITB match. Wrestlemania 19 was honestly the best WM just behind WM 17 as it was still great overall, and that is glossing over it. While there have been complete stinkers like WM 27, 32, and few shows are perfect, there have been good Wrestlemanias with some iconic moments since the Attitude era has ended. Just because WWE isn't always in a "Boom period," doesn't mean they can't put on great shows. They can produce crap, but within it, there can always be gold. But if it is your expectation that "Oh, it'll be crap anyways and is not as good as *insert thing here*" then it is harder to enjoy it.

Although this thread isn't about Wrestlemania, it's about who should beat Brock Lesnar and potentially what they can do with it, not "Wrestlemania sucks" and part of some of our rationale for Seth Rollins being the one to beat him involves a potential storyline they can have with it, which can be Wrestlemania worthy.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Who calls it Wrestlemania 17?

Its sad that 2 months ago I was dead certain that Bobby Lashley would be the one to dethrone the beast. But that seems unlikely as each day passes.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Who calls it Wrestlemania 17?

Its sad that 2 months ago I was dead certain that Bobby Lashley would be the one to dethrone the beast. But that seems unlikely as each day passes.

Yeah, changed my vote in the poll to reflect it. Unless Lashley and his Sisters form a Super-faction.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yeah, changed my vote in the poll to reflect it. Unless Lashley and his Sisters form a Super-faction.
It's actually frustrating how badly they botched Bobby's return. The sisters are cool tho

Redboy@

Jobber
Reaction score
Still Roman Reigns. The same trope happened with John Cena. Looks at Cena now.

Lashley is my second choice. But they botched his return.

Reaction score
If it was my choice it would be Seth Rollins. In my opinion he's the best wrestler in the world but I chose Braun Strowman.

I think Braun could be "the guy" for the next 3-4 years if given the opportunity.