If Jericho loses this Sunday, would he have served his purpose?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Precisely with Jericho not havin taken the title off Punk at any point it's just getting daft. It's a great feud but Jericho isn't achieving anything with it and it's not putting Punk over anymore than he was as he is constantly the champ!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
This feud did not do much for Punk, simply because Jericho was never THE man in WWE, and that's why he has no too much (kayfabe) credibility to raise the bar with Punk. This feud, while good, is just an aftertought. Cena/Lesnar and Cena/Rock did not do much favor to Punk.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The annoying thing is, Jericho doesn't or didn't need to be THE man to put Punk over a big amount. They just needed an interesting story-line, they had one with "It begins" but it was scrapped (yet again) and they made it into this. Even though this story-line is better than most WWE garbage over recent years, it's not enough to put Punk over like Jericho could do.

shrayan

The Artiste
Reaction score
punk should definitely win at ER 2012 because punk can really make it under pressure situation as we saw him in that match against cena also at that night he kicked out of 2 AA's and that's awesome and so i am truly rooting for punk----------- 'best in the WORLD!!'

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
shrayan said:
punk should definitely win at ER 2012 because punk can really make it under pressure situation as we saw him in that match against cena also at that night he kicked out of 2 AA's and that's awesome and so i am truly rooting for punk----------- 'best in the WORLD!!'

The AA is the weakest finisher in wrestling. Nothing more than a glorified fireman's carry. I could kick out of 100 AA's and I've never had 1 second of wrestling training.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, most finishing maneuvers aren't usually the strongest of wrestling moves. A superplex is probably more hurtful (in reality) than at least 95% of finishing moves.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Well, to be fair, most finishing maneuvers aren't usually the strongest of wrestling moves. A superplex is probably more hurtful (in reality) than at least 95% of finishing moves.

Kelly Kelly's stink face has more impact than the AA