I would have been pissed if this had happened

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
There was actually talk in creative meetings of Jerry Lawler winning the WWE Title from The Miz at Elimination Chamber. There was one idea for Lawler to win at the pay-per-view and then drop the belt on tonight's RAW. There is a feeling that The Miz hasn't gotten over how they want and they need to give him big wins now to get him over.

They are getting desperate if they think beating Jerry Lawler is a "big" win.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Maybe not but Lawler has been over with the fans lately so while beating him might not be impressive it will get him more heat, I think.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Can you imagine of Lawler got the title? Fuck man. Id have been pissed.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yean but LAWLER? Come on. He can barely move in the ring anymore. His matches with the Miz have been atrocious from an in ring standpoint. There's only so far psychology (of which he is a master) can take you.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
His Mother dying kinda did it in for me. Would've been a :( but :D moment.

Of course I would have had Miz absolutely destroy him the next night and get the belt back. But it wouldn't have been so bad for 24 hours.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You gotta fill it out and leave Miz with SOMETHING to do. Obviously the most deserving contenders are all in the EC, so there's nobody else on the Raw Roster who deserves a shot, and it helps build up Michael Cole even more at the same time. Honestly, I'd prefer if Lawler had the belt for about a month, not just a night or two. But I'd prefer not to see Lawler at this age with the title, which sucks because, this man REALLY IS one of the most dedicated workers you have in the history of the WWE.

Kaedon

Reaction score
But the belt is already pretty much means nothing since it trades hands so much, if you are serious about building *sigh* the Miz as the future, don't have him drop the belt to an announcer.

1chiban

Reaction score
I was just pleased that Miz won cleanly. At least that makes him look slightly more credible. Not much. More so than had Cole got physically involved in the actual finish, however.

Montana

Reaction score
Well...the WWE is probably questioning the idea of Miz headlining Wrestlemania against a guy who's beat him NUMEROUS times in the past 2 years. He's very marketable, but at the same time some wrestling fans will hate having the Miz in such a marquee match up.

I'd probably rather see Punk vs. Cena for the title.....OR Cena vs. Orton....or just about any other match in the main event.

1chiban

Reaction score
Del Rio-Edge should technically be the main event seeing Del Rio won the Rumble. However, I think they'll go for the 'Rock actually helps Cena win in the end and all the children cheer at the 'Yabbbadoooo' Cena music' finish. But, yes I'd much rather have Punk and Cena. Cena beating Punk in the Chamber was his revenge for the 3 losses, would've been better to have him take the title off of Punk at 'Mania or something as the big revenge. But, there we are.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Or we actually have Miz go over Cena at WrestleMania and make for possibly the biggest upset in Mania.

Kaedon

Reaction score
And watch the ratings plummet for next year.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
And watch the ratings plummet for next year.

Hardly. In a year's time (especially with the talent currently in the WWE), you're making plenty of progress, ESPECIALLY with a lot of the current feuds they're building up on the sides, and if Vince is able to maintain business deals with guys like The Rock, Austin, etc., there's a great chance WWE does better numbers than they've done in a long time.

Montana

Reaction score
Miz holding onto the title at this point, reminds me of JBL in 2005, when they had to keep the belt on him, to make him a credible champ.