I-m-o

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

I find it interesting how smoking and drinking is allowed but drugs aren't. You can kill yourself by smoking but you'd be damned if you'd die by the hand of a drug!

Airfixx

^^^^1 word: Tax.

With a few exceptions, most illegal drugs are relatively cheap (or free) to produce or obtain. If they were legal and the gov. taxed them like cigs (an aside: Have you seen the price of cigs in the UK?) most peeps wouldn't be buying them off the shelf. So instead they try to socially condition us (with the threat of a criminal record and punnishment if need be) to make do with their MORE destructive, taxable drugs (Booze & cigs).

@ Rawkus..... Try all the drugs 'you' listed as "should be legal", then come back and tell us if you STILL think it'd be a good idea for them to be legal (preferably sticking a few vid clips on YouTube).

LadyHotrod

With a few exceptions, most illegal drugs are relatively cheap (or free) to produce or obtain. If they were legal and the gov. taxed them like cigs (an aside: Have you seen the price of cigs in the UK?) most peeps wouldn't be buying them off the shelf. So instead they try to socially condition us (with the threat of a criminal record and punnishment if need be) to make do with their MORE destructive, taxable drugs (Booze & cigs).

I actually disagree with the thought that people wouldn't buy them if they were taxed. When someone is addicted to something, they'll pay whatever price to get it. Cigs used to be incredibly cheap and when they raised the price, people still bought them. Cigs cost $10-$11. It's insane yet people still fork out the cash to buy it. I think the government would make a killing on selling drugs.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It's insane yet people still fork out the cash to buy it.

Yeah I do. I refuse to smoke those dirty indian cigarettes.

I think the government would make a killing on selling drugs.

A killing doesn't even begin to aptly describe how much money they would make. Also if the Gov't was smart and they did have slightly higher prices, there is also the quality and reliability factors that come into play. The shit the feds put out would be consistent, safe, and also good in order to compete with dealers. And none of those things would be hard for them to do. Its just a matter of getting beyond the social stigma.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score

@ Rawkus..... Try all the drugs 'you' listed as "should be legal", then come back and tell us if you STILL think it'd be a good idea for them to be legal (preferably sticking a few vid clips on YouTube).
Marijuana. Done it and Loved it.

Mushrooms. Talk about a party drug. Goddamn!