I Like...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MJ807

Reaction score
RVD is too far past his best to go alongside the younger X-Division guys. He would have to mix it in the NWA picture. IF he ever goes to TNA that is, which, all rumour and speculation aside, the company just might not be able to afford right now.

So your saying that Jerry Lyn can wrestle with the X Division guys but RVD who is younger and in better shape then him can't. If RVD went to Tna I would want him in the X Division in a feud with Chris Sabin immeadiately for the X Division title I think those two men could put on a hell of a match.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
this is the END of E...C....W

I doubt it personally. I think ECW is more likely to turn into a third brand which will be called ECW in name only.

The thing is, ECW now, is still different than both SD and Raw. They need to play up on that.

I know that they aren't much for using the "extreme rules" at the moment, but so much could be done if they would say have all championship matches contested under extreme rules.

That way, you can have your regular matches, but the title matches are special.

Soulpower

OK? So just because he hasn't signed YET means he's DEFINITELY going to TNA? I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet man. Vince may not be too fond of RVD, but he's not stupid. You think he's willing to let yet another WWE star go to TNA and headline there, bringing them more money again than they can bring in with their own talent? I don't think so, at least not that easily. Look are any of you sports fans? Ever hear of one of your team's star players holding out through training camp, maybe even preseason, or hell even some of the regular season? It's all politics, and its about leverage. Each side wants to prove that they are right, and that the other is wrong. So they go back and forth playing this crazy game of cat and mouse until both sides agree to the least crappy deal for either side, cause it never ends up being a GREAT deal for both ends. I think this is what could very well happen with Rob and WWE. WWE is playing hardball right now, saying hey Rob, if you don't want to resign now, fine, but we're not going to make the mistake of pushing you and giving you a title only to have you ditch out on us just a few weeks later. It's negotiating, its mind games, and it's smart. Likewise Rob Van Dam thinks hey, if these guys aren't going to use me, and they're not going to give me what I'm worth, why don't I go somewhere where I'll at least be a star even if they aren't offering as much money (TNA of course and don't say they can offer more than WWE cause mid-carders make more than TNA's top stars). Both sides are coming out firing the heavy artillery. But don't be surprised if some sort of agreement is reached between the two sides in the next couple of months.

I understand what you mean when you sue the sports analogy, and U understand the concept of playing Hardball, but how is jobbing RVD out to anyone and everyone going to make him change his mind about TNA? He's still used as a jobber and Van Dam has to know about the push that both Angle and Christian have gotten since jumping to TNA. If RVD can get that push, and at the same time work less dates (reducing the probability of an injury) why shouldnt' he go to TNA?

Besides, Rob has a made himself a nice chunk of change in the WWE, so I'm pretty sure money won't be that mich of an issue, even less so considering that TNA is bound to throw Rob a lot of money, for a lot less work that Vince.

I would love to see RVD remain with the E, but if I were in his shoes I would bolt to TNA as soon as I got a chance. The only way that I see him staying with the WWE is if he's promised a title run or two, which probably won't happen after getting busted the first time he was given the ball.. belt acutally. And you can't forget about the ECW factor, do you really think that Van Dam would like to continue working for a brand that's pissing on the legacy of the original ECW?

Reaction score
So your saying that Jerry Lyn can wrestle with the X Division guys but RVD who is younger and in better shape then him can't. If RVD went to Tna I would want him in the X Division in a feud with Chris Sabin immeadiately for the X Division title I think those two men could put on a hell of a match.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The issue isn't necessarily with age or fitness (though personally I think RVD blows up far too fast these days) and is more a matter of consistency. RVD just cannot offer up quality bouts on a regular basis and is a notoriously sloppy worker. He certainly can't pull off the spots that made him a star anymore (though being fair he may not be allowed to anymore). Don't get me wrong, I'm an RVD fan and enjoyed a few of matches last year (especially his great clash with Rey on the WWE vs ECW show) but it's obvious that his lack of speed and agility would be highlighted next to incredibly speedy guys like Sabin. This isn't a problem that Lynn suffers from. I'd like to see him give those young guys the rub though, they spend a lot of time ripping off his stuff after all.

Besides, I can't see RVD wanting to be in the X-title picture, he'd be gunning for the NWA title. I can see a nice reignited feud with Lynn along the way though.

Reaction score
I get your viewpoints soulpower, but I DO think money has something to do with all this. And frankly TNA is bacon and eggs compared to WWE's lobster bisque. They can't offer him close to what WWE will even if WWE just offers him a mid-carders contract. Rob Van Dam is holding out for a worthy contract, and I don't blame him. But at the same time WWE doesn't trust him and doesn't think he's worth it. But honestly I don't think either party wants to really go to TNA. And Rob knew, just like everyone else, what was going to become of the new ECW brand as soon as they started it. If he didn't want to be a part of that he could have just said you know what, no. I know they needed him since it is called ECW, but who cares? It's just another brand extension. I dunno......I just don't see him fitting in at TNA. TNA is like the least hardcore thing in wrestling today. Highflying very much so, hardcore not a chance. And that's a staple of Rob Van Dam's career. I still think a deal with WWE and Van Dam will get worked out in the next couple of months.

Montana

And frankly TNA is bacon and eggs compared to WWE's lobster bisque.

I love it. You do bring up a great point about WWE stars using Tna to gain a larger contract. The question is, who else has the balls to go to tna? I think we can count RVD out, but who is? I say no and Beniot and Rey.

Does someone like Orton want to risk his wrestling career and go to tna? What if orton were to go to tna and it fails and goes out of business. You know the wwe will purchase tna for next to nothing. Orton has just slapped the wwe in the face, and they won't offer him anywhere near what they were intending on paying him. Orton will end up like brock and goldberg, looking for work to pay the bills.

So tna fans, don't get your hope up and the wwe roster going to tna. Hell, the tna roster doesnt even like tna.

Soulpower

I see Rey possibly going to TNA. There's a good chance he won't get another run with the WHC, and coming off of knee surgery the lighter schedule would do him good. Its the same with Benoit, but I think he prefers teaching the young guys in the WWE, so I don't see Chris going anywhere.

btman

Reaction score
As long as RVD has some title... All is good... WWE or TNA

King_Ash

Reaction score
Move RVD to RAW or SD and make him go for IC or US title, the only reason he is on ECW right now is the Originals Vs New Breed fued.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
RVD in TNA would be awesome. Imagine RVD vs Aj Styles. RVD vs Samoa Joe. etc. RVD deserves better, and he deserves TNA.

The Punisher

Reaction score
RVD would be awesome in TNA, his skills are perfect there cause he could have some awesome matches with the likes of AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels :)