I Like...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

no problem dude, its an active topic, but really does belong in news rumors but no worries man

King_Ash

Reaction score
Nothing is yet confirmed, rumors are not always true... 90% of them arent true, unless RVD comes out and says "Im going to TNA" or WWE.com says "WWE superstar RVD has been released" I wont believe he will go to TNA. Funny next week on ECW RVD holds up a sign that says "TNA Fears ECW"

xtremebadass

^^^We know, that's why we had a discussion why it belongs in the rumors section, but until I am Mod'd I can't move it, so it stays for now.

imported_Chase

Nice, he'd be great in the X-Division and possibly a great X-Division Champion. Can't wait.

xtremebadass

Hell if TNA made Cage NWA Champ, RVD would be sick in the X Div, but he is too big of a star to mid card

Soulpower

^^Agreed. There's no way that the fans would allow RVD to compete in the X-Division, unless of course we could see Van Dam face Jerry Lynn one more time. He would probably get the same treatment that all former WWE stars get. A huge push out of the gate and an eventual match for the NWA title.

xtremebadass

They will push anyone to main event status that comes from WWE if they had a title run at one point or another. Tomko didn't have a title run, that explains him, lol

phantomgerald

they will give any big superstar from wwe a title run. do u think psychosis will get a title run if he came. i would be insulted if he did

xtremebadass

no, because did Psychosis have a major title run coming out of WWE? no

J

Dude...RVD...vs AJ Styles...vs Daniels...vs Sabin...in Ultimate X for the X Division Title...That Match would be killer...I mean these men would put on a killer match...

phantomgerald

yeah but rvd should be fighting for the worl title IMO.

Reaction score
OK? So just because he hasn't signed YET means he's DEFINITELY going to TNA? I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet man. Vince may not be too fond of RVD, but he's not stupid. You think he's willing to let yet another WWE star go to TNA and headline there, bringing them more money again than they can bring in with their own talent? I don't think so, at least not that easily. Look are any of you sports fans? Ever hear of one of your team's star players holding out through training camp, maybe even preseason, or hell even some of the regular season? It's all politics, and its about leverage. Each side wants to prove that they are right, and that the other is wrong. So they go back and forth playing this crazy game of cat and mouse until both sides agree to the least crappy deal for either side, cause it never ends up being a GREAT deal for both ends. I think this is what could very well happen with Rob and WWE. WWE is playing hardball right now, saying hey Rob, if you don't want to resign now, fine, but we're not going to make the mistake of pushing you and giving you a title only to have you ditch out on us just a few weeks later. It's negotiating, its mind games, and it's smart. Likewise Rob Van Dam thinks hey, if these guys aren't going to use me, and they're not going to give me what I'm worth, why don't I go somewhere where I'll at least be a star even if they aren't offering as much money (TNA of course and don't say they can offer more than WWE cause mid-carders make more than TNA's top stars). Both sides are coming out firing the heavy artillery. But don't be surprised if some sort of agreement is reached between the two sides in the next couple of months.

Reaction score
Nice, he'd be great in the X-Division and possibly a great X-Division Champion. Can't wait.

RVD is too far past his best to go alongside the younger X-Division guys. He would have to mix it in the NWA picture. IF he ever goes to TNA that is, which, all rumour and speculation aside, the company just might not be able to afford right now.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
i don't feel sorry for rob van dam one tiny bit,he's the one who screwd himself out of becoming a main eventer not vince,so i could really care less if he stays or go.

Montana

yeah. what i want to know though is as these are the last months, what are wwe going to do with him. make him job? throw him in a storyline or leave him in the cold for the few remaining months. the way i see it, if they try to make him job when there is like one month left, tna should buy out his contract and screw the wwe's plans

Come on, Tna doesnt have any money to even pay its wrestlers. Everyone hates it there, but at least its a job. Tna doesnt charge for its weekly tapings. They only make money from their ppv's and Dvd/merchandise to pay its wrestlers. Theres no benefits to working there. Tna paying off wwe, is like me paying off bill gates.

Personally i dont think vince cares too much if RVD leaves. Certainly he wants him to stay but isn't sweating it. Think about it, hes 37, and past his prime. In vince's mind he can dump RVD, in hopes to get somone like Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, someone like that. Someone young, that would eventually turn into a star. The wwe did the same thing with Angle, and they got Monty brown for it. I think it was a win win situation. I believe the wwe wants Rey and Beniot to stay though. There has been a lot of rumors of them goin to tna, but i think they are false, and vince wont let them go.

Long story short, i hope we see CM PUnk kick Rvd's ass before he goes.