I hate Anderson Silva!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J...

Reaction score
You can't even put GSP on a different level he's Mr. "I'm not impressed with your performance". Thats worse then anything Silva has done, Silva didn't talk shit he just made his opponent look like an ass clown.

nation

Reaction score
I'd consider making yourself and your opponent look like an ass in the ring to be far worse than just talking shit. Everybody talks shit but most guys don't ruin their fights by acting like an idiot.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Yeah, it is one thing to poke fun at your opponent pre-fight, that is acceptable, but when it comes to fighting in the cage, there is just no room for antics and joking around. Brock never really pulled any antics while fighting. His is mostly after, once he beat the guy's ass he goes on his high horse, not like he wasn't on his high horse before the fight anyways lol.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
whoever said that the UFC has the best competition should look again out of the top 15 heavyweights, 7 of them aren't in the UFC, and even more LW arent in the UFC so don't clamor how the UFC has the best competition when hell they dont even hold weight classes in which 2 of the top 10 p4p fighters are in, possibly 3 is Faber wins and Brown wins(though WEC is owned by the same people) the Top LW and HW arent in the UFC

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the UFC doesn't have the top LW, sure Fedor is the top HW, but only top LW not in the UFC is Shinya Aoki and I don't think he is #1 on the top 10 anymore. Well he might be now that BJ lost and Edgar definitely doesn't hold the top spot. He has alot to prove as champion.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
2 Big News Stories about Silva, thought I would post it here...

People think Silva's manager Ed Soares is not telling the complete story translating for Anderson Silva...

Anderson Silva's words not entirely lost in translation, says manager
by Steven Marrocco on Apr 14, 2010 at 4:05 pm ET
You may not be hearing every word Anderson Silva says, but none of his words are purposefully hidden, according to his manager.

Ed Soares, Silva's manager, has faced criticism for an apparent conflict of interest as the middleweight champion's business representative and translator in the media. Some fans and media wonder if they're getting the whole story in the pause between Silva's Portuguese and Soares' English.

"People are always saying I'm covering things up," Soares told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Tuesday evening. "First of all, my job as a manager is to do the best that I can for my client. As far as translating everything he says, I do my best."

Since he burst into the UFC in June 2006, Silva's native tongue has been a challenge in an English-speaking promotion, particularly when controversy arises.

And lately, Silva is no stranger to controversy.

The issue came into sharp focus again when an angry Silva shouted at middleweight challenger Demian Maia inside the cage this past Saturday in the controversial main event of UFC 112.

At the post-event press conference, Silva met criticism with long answers in Portuguese. Soares' translations were often markedly shorter.

Since the fight, many reports have issued their own translations about what was said inside the cage and after the fight. Some have hinted that the whole story was not told.

Soares did not hear what Silva said inside the cage, though he concedes Silva clowned the challenger's jiu-jitsu skills. In between rounds, he picked out this phrase: "Não 'tou achando a distância," which means, "I'm not finding my distance."

After the fight, Soares tried to convey Silva's statements as best he could. But when the champion has a lot to say, it's an issue of memory space.

"Let me ask you something: for the past 45 seconds can you tell me word-for-word what I just told you?" he asked. "The truth of the matter is I basically try to make a summary of [Silva's statements]. I try to take what he's saying and translate it to get point across."

The switch doesn't always work out perfectly when done on the fly.

"Do I miss some things?" Soares asked. "Yeah, I miss some things. I can't say that it's always exactly what he said. Sometimes I'll present it in a way that it still has the same meaning. If you were to translate word-for-word verbatim to what he said, it wouldn't translate. There's a lot of things that just don't translate, so I just kind of have to change it a little bit."

The change, he said, is not influenced by his relationship with the champion. He's not holding anything back to protect Silva's image.

"I'm not changing it for any particular reason," Soares said. "I'm not a professional translator. Sometimes it's not word for word, but I can guarantee you that I try to summarize it as much as I can.

"There are some times where I forget to put things in. There's a lot of times where I forget to put things in that I wish I wouldn't have. I just forget, especially when he's giving me a 30-second answer."

For complete coverage of UFC 112, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

And Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen for UFC 117

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen targeted for August in Utah, potentially UFC 117
by John Morgan and Steven Marrocco on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:25 pm ET
While UFC president Dana White made it very clear he was unhappy with his middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, following a lackluster appearance at this past weekend's UFC 112 event in Abu Dhabi, the exec isn't hesitating to put "The Spider" back in action.

White announced today during an appearance on ESPN's "Jim Rome is Burning" that the organization was targeting a fight between Silva and top contender Chael Sonnen.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed the UFC is targeting Aug. 7 in Salt Lake City, marking the UFC's first-ever trip to Utah.

Additional sources close to the promotion informed MMAjunkie.com that the UFC is eyeing EnergySolutions Arena, home of the NBA's Utah Jazz, as a potential host venue for the event.

Bill Colbert, Director of the Pete Suazo Utah Athletic Commission, told MMAjunkie.com that nothing is yet set in stone, but he acknowledged that he has been in discussion with the UFC.

"We've heard the date," Colbert said. "We've been speaking to the UFC for some time and encouraging them to come to our state. We're eagerly awaiting them to make a formal announcement. But I do understand that they're having discussions with that date in mind."

While the fight would likely serve as a headliner for a pay-per-view card, making the newly announced event UFC 117, White's words in Abu Dhabi leave some doubt as to whether Silva will be slotted into a main event role or if fans will be asked to pay for the card.

"Anderson Silva might be the first champion in history fighting on a prelim," White said following UFC 112. "How do you sell Anderson Silva after tonight? How do you do it? People don't want to see that [expletive]. I don't want to see it."

White didn't offer additional details regarding the event, though he did suggest a repeat performance by the fighter he has frequently touted as the world's greatest could lead to Silva's dismissal from the organization.

Silva has been expected to face slugger Vitor Belfort at UFC 112 until a shoulder injury forced "The Phenom" out of the event. MMAjunkie.com has learned that Belfort's injury will likely keep him shelved until approximately October, this ruling out his involvement in the new card.

Meanwhile, Sonnen earned his way into the title match by virtue of a current three-fight win streak – a run capped off by a unanimous decision win over Nate Marquardt.

Sonnen has openly expressed his distaste for Silva and has promised to make good on his words.

"[Silva] is getting beaten up in 2010 by Chael Sonnen," Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com this past weekend. "That's been the story from the jump.

"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
For the more on the newly announced UFC 117 event, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
So its fine as long as they let people know when they first show up that there cocky? Silva waiting til he continuous to win fights and fuck people up to start getting cocky and with reason. Said it before and will say it again. Silva is pound for pound best fighter in the world. Reason he's making these opponents look so dumb is because there not giving him the level of competition he deserves, Why else would he be looking to fight GSP then go up to Heavyweight, He wants someone to actually put up a fight against him.

Dude, do you think he respects anyone in the arena? Do you think he gives a shit about the guy paying for the pay-per-view? Hell no. Like it or not, him and GSP are the faces of the UFC. And what he did wasn't some pre match antic to hype the match. He went in there with the intention of humiliating his opponent. In a sport where it's still considered prize fighting by many, is that the kind of impression you want your best pound for pound to be giving to a new region?

Plus, best pound of pound? As mentioned, watch Cote, Leites for more. When Lesnar fought Herring, that was which how many fight again? Whereas when Silva fought Cote, he's already been in the industry for so many years. He should know better to always bring his A game.

Silva is a great fighter no doubt about it. But his actions are what disgusts me.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
2 Big News Stories about Silva, thought I would post it here...

People think Silva's manager Ed Soares is not telling the complete story translating for Anderson Silva...

And Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen for UFC 117

Sonnen is the one guy that can disrespect Silva and get away with it. I can't wait to see him pound that Brazilian dickhead in.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Yup, Sonnen is already saying if Silva will accept or not...

Chael Sonnen doubts champ Anderson Silva will sign to fight at UFC 117
by Steven Marrocco on Apr 15, 2010 at 3:00 am ET
Chael Sonnen is optimistic he'll get to fight middleweight champion Anderson Silva. But he also says he's a bit worried that it won't happen.

"I don't know if Anderson's going to accept," Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmmajunkie.com).

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday told Jim Rome that Silva and Sonnen will face off in what would be the champions's seventh consecutive title defense. But there's a twist: after another lackluster fight against Demian Maia this past Saturday, Silva (26-4 MMA, 11-0 UFC) must deliver excitement or risk being cut from the organization.

Sonnen (24-10 MMA, 4-3 UFC) is happy to bait the champ – again – if it gets him the fight.

"The best I've seen, [Silva is] a man of his word," Sonnen said of the proposed matchup. "If I hear that he agreed, I'll feel a lot better."

The middleweight champion is clearly on the ropes after the Maia fight, which served as the main event of UFC 112. Silva spent the first two rounds dancing around the cage and the last three in a near-constant backward shuffle.

In now trademark fashion, Sonnen said it's nothing new for Silva.

"[Silva is] really good, he's really effective, and he's as unpleasing to watch as grass growing," Sonnen said. "That's why they called me to get rid of this cancer of the company."

Silva's camp declined to comment on the fight's possibility when contacted today by MMAjunkie.com.

Sonnen claims he's called out the middleweight champion for four years to no avail.

"Nobody has challenged Anderson Silva," Sonnen said. "Not one human being, not one interview. Go to what the kids call 'Google,' and prove me wrong. Show me one athlete in any weight class that's challenged this guy except me."

The West Linn, Ore., resident won a middleweight contender spot in February with a win over Nate Marquardt at UFC 109. He really perked up ears, though, when he went after Silva in the press and polarized fans with his no-nonsense talk.

"He won't even acknowledge the challenge," Sonnen said of the champion, who also holds a UFC record for most octagon wins with 11. "He just overlooks it like it's not happening. The first and only time he's ever acknowledged the challenge is on Feb. 7, 12 hours after I became the number one contender, he put out a press release stating seven different reasons he didn't think he should have to fight me."

White told Rome that Sonnen's wrestling-based style is the perfect antidote to the lackluster performances that ensue when Silva is paired with jiu-jitsu stylists.

Sonnen said it's more than that.

"What's different about me is that I acknowledge Anderson Silva's going to hit me and kick me," he said. "I acknowledge it's going to hurt a lot. But I don't care. I don't care if he hurts me. I'll go to the hospital later that night. But in that 25-minute period, he's going to be in a fight."

He said Silva's dance is just a ploy to get opponents to engage, and a ploy he's happy to follow.

"If he does it to me, it's going to work," Sonnen said. "It's going to make me angry, and I'm going to come after him. If he wants to throw those punches, by God throw them. But I'm going to walk straight through them."

A year ago, Sonnen was struggling to gain traction in the UFC after a unsuccessful run in the promotion between 2005 and 2006, but that position has changed with his recent performances.

If the fight materializes, Sonnen will work with his usual training partners at Team Quest as well as Xtreme Couture grappling coach Neil Melanson, who helped him prepare for Marquardt at UFC 109.

"He's one of those guys, you meet them very rarely but when you meet them, you hold onto them like a precious metal," Sonnen said. "He offered to help me. I don't have a lot of friends in this sport – he's one of them."

Meanwhile, Sonnen continues to campaign for the Oregon House of Representatives and is currently in a fundraising cycle. He remains no-nonsense about the biggest opportunity of his career.

"I guarantee you between now and Aug. 7, I'll get hurt," Sonnen said. "I'll get sick. I'm sure I'll get a staph infection that seems to be the new wave throughout MMA – oh, I have a staph infection, wah. When my music hits those speakers on Aug. 7, I will make that walk.

"That's a tremendous difference between me and the prima donnas who like to see their names on posters but are not real fighters."

For the more on the newly announced UFC 117 event, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
He is absolutely disgusting. He loves to humiliates his opponent, which shows a lack of respect to other fighters.

He doesn't give a shit about the fans. Remember when Chael Sonnen said Anderson Silva can speak english but he chooses not to because he doesn't care about the American fans? It's damn true. Check his language when he spoke in the video. He has perfect english!

He just thinks he's the world. I hope St Pierre or Sonnen crushes him.

lol, who cares what language he speaks? I sure as hell don't. I watch it for the fighting, I don't give a fuck what they say. If he is proud of where he comes from, who cares, just watch him for the fights, which is what his purpose is.

Man, people get upset over such small things.

nation

Reaction score
If you want to understand him so bad then learn Brazilian Portuguese.

Double J

Reaction score
"Nobody has challenged Anderson Silva," Sonnen said. "Not one human being, not one interview. Go to what the kids call 'Google,' and prove me wrong. Show me one athlete in any weight class that's challenged this guy except me."

Didn't Rashad Evans challenge him? And I thought one or two more people did too.

Double J

Reaction score
What exactly did he do by the way? I missed the fight and tried watching it on the internet but all the videos have been really choppy.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, what did Silva do? I just read a report saying White would fire him if he did what he did again. Any videos of it? It's gota be serious if White would say that about this guy.