I hate Anderson Silva!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Reaction score
He is absolutely disgusting. He loves to humiliates his opponent, which shows a lack of respect to other fighters.

He doesn't give a shit about the fans. Remember when Chael Sonnen said Anderson Silva can speak english but he chooses not to because he doesn't care about the American fans? It's damn true. Check his language when he spoke in the video. He has perfect english!

He just thinks he's the world. I hope St Pierre or Sonnen crushes him.

iamironman

Reaction score
so it was ok for ali to touant every opponet hes ever had but its not ok for this guy to do it?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Well, Ali didn't spend all his energy taunting his opponent that he didn't have any strength left to finish the fight did he? Anderson Silva is a joke.

J...

Reaction score
Bullshit. People support Lesnar when he talks shit, difference is Anderson Silva's been around forever and everyone knows hes the best. You can tell all he wants is someone to actually give him the fight he deserves and no one does there all too scared of him. Why else would the man drop down to fight GSP then talk about bumpin up to fight heavyweight. He just wants someone to give him a good fight. He is without a doubt the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

nation

Reaction score
Bullshit. People support Lesnar when he talks shit, difference is Anderson Silva's been around forever and everyone knows hes the best. You can tell all he wants is someone to actually give him the fight he deserves and no one does there all too scared of him. Why else would the man drop down to fight GSP then talk about bumpin up to fight heavyweight. He just wants someone to give him a good fight. He is without a doubt the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

lmao. Fedor. That is all.

J...

Reaction score
If Fedor was best pound for pound fighter he'd go where the best fight, UFC, but has he, Hmmmm nope guess he'll stick to fighting people outside there prime and no names. Show me a fight where Fedor makes opponents look as silly as he has Maia, Griffen, ext.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I have no problem with Silva taunting his opponents, however he claimed he did that because Maia didn't respect him. Anderson Silva has always been about respect, but by doing what he did he disrespected Maia which is what I don't like. If Silva expected respect, despite if you opponent respects you or not, you shouldn't in turn disrespect him, Anderson stooped to Maia's level.

If Silva was so pissed about Maia not respecting him he should have just dropped him early and sent the crowd and Dana White home happy.

nation

Reaction score
If Fedor was best pound for pound fighter he'd go where the best fight, UFC, but has he, Hmmmm nope guess he'll stick to fighting people outside there prime and no names. Show me a fight where Fedor makes opponents look as silly as he has Maia, Griffen, ext.

Are you serious? Anderson made himself look silly during his fights with Maia, Cote, and he had a lackluster performance against Thales Leites. He proved he doesn't deserve to be called the best fighter in the world with those fights. Fedor on the other hand destroys everyone and doesn't mock his opponents instead of fighting like an idiot. Fedor has beaten a list of who's who including Brett Rogers, Arlovsk, Tim Sylvia, Coleman, Cro Cop, Nog, etc. Sure Coleman sucks ass now but he was years younger during his fights with Fedor and the other guys are some of the current and/or all time best heavyweight competitors. His only fucking loss came from a cut. So to even count it is bullshit.

J...

Reaction score
Are you serious? Anderson made himself look silly during his fights with Maia, Cote, and he had a lackluster performance against Thales Leites. He proved he doesn't deserve to be called the best fighter in the world with those fights. Fedor on the other hand destroys everyone and doesn't mock his opponents instead of fighting like an idiot. Fedor has beaten a list of who's who including Brett Rogers, Arlovsk, Tim Sylvia, Coleman, Cro Cop, Nog, etc. Sure Coleman sucks ass now but he was years younger during his fights with Fedor and the other guys are some of the current and/or all time best heavyweight competitors. His only fucking loss came from a cut. So to even count it is bullshit.

Explain to me then why people on here rejoice when Lesnar had a match which was basically the same with Heath Harring. Yet when Silva does it and he actually back it up because he's destroyed many people in this fashion people throw a fit?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I would definitely not compare Lesnar to Silva in any way. They are two completely different fighters in and out of the cage. You expect antics from Lesnar, that is just the type of person he is. No one thought Silva would do this sort of stuff. If his fights with Leites and Cote weren't enough to get people thinking this fight with Maia really pulled the trigger.

J...

Reaction score
So its fine as long as they let people know when they first show up that there cocky? Silva waiting til he continuous to win fights and fuck people up to start getting cocky and with reason. Said it before and will say it again. Silva is pound for pound best fighter in the world. Reason he's making these opponents look so dumb is because there not giving him the level of competition he deserves, Why else would he be looking to fight GSP then go up to Heavyweight, He wants someone to actually put up a fight against him.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
It is just people didn't expect this sort of thing from Silva. UFC made him look like the greatest fighter in the cage and really characterized him as a respectful competitor. UFC never made Brock look like a respectful competitor lol. I seriously cannot see Silva fighting at HW though. I would definitely look forward to him moving up to LHW permanently if they don't want him fighting MW's anymore because he cleaned out the division. Dana said he is not going to book the Silva vs GSP fight because he is that pissed. I would definitely rather see Silva move down to fight GSP instead of GSP having to move up.

nation

Reaction score
People here are huge Lesnar fans. Probably because he is a legend in the WWE and so everybody here goes nuts for him because he's a successful pro wrestler turned MMA fighter. If Silva showed some heart he would probably still be the best in the world but he's not because he decided to hurt his reputation by fucking around and acting like an idiot. You don't see Fedor, GSP, or Lyoto doing that shit.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Soares tries to put it into perspective

Manager says champ Anderson Silva "not bored," isn't sure weight jump is answer
by Steven Marrocco on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:45 pm ET
Ed Soares is again stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He understands fans who wish UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva would have finished Demian Maia during the main event of UFC 112. He does, too. He doesn't excuse the lack of action.

On the other hand, he's Silva's friend and manager and has a duty to understand – and to a certain degree, defend – the champion's actions this past Saturday night at Concert Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

"The bottom line is that I would have liked him to finish the fight just like the rest of the world," Soares today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Unfortunately, he wasn't able to. But am I doubting who he is? He's still to me the best pound-for-pound fighter in the planet."

All the way home, he's taken heat from virtually everyone, including UFC president Dana White, who is angry with Silva's performance. He's gotten hate mail by the ton since he returned to the U.S. on Monday.

Silva (26-4 MMA, 11-0 UFC) appeared to have an in-cage exorcism for the first two rounds of the UFC 112 main event as he danced, shimmied and channeled other fighters in front of the challenger. Then he openly berated Maia. Then he spent the fourth and fifth rounds on his bicycle as Maia tried in vain to engage.

Like the majority of MMA fans out there, Soares was confused by what he saw.

"After the first two rounds, I was like, 'Enough already; let's get this thing over with,'" Soares said. "I wanted him to get in there and get out as quickly as possible. I was just thinking, 'what's going on?'"

Before the end of the fourth round, White walked over to the fighter's corner and handed the middleweight belt to Soares. He told the manager to put the strap on Silva – he wouldn't. Then, he left the arena.

Silva apologized in the cage after the fight and said he didn't know what got into him. At the post-fight press conference, though, he said he didn't owe anyone an apology for his performance. Soares can't explain the switch.

White later told reporters that Silva's next fight could be in a non-televised "dark match" and held a closed-door meeting with the champion and Soares after the post-event press conference.

In the end, Silva's record-setting 11th consecutive octagon win and sixth consecutive title defense were overshadowed by the antics.

Soares explained that Silva was angered by comments Maia made in the build-up to the fight and lost his cool inside the cage.

"He was really pissed off about this one article that came out (where Maia said), 'I respect him as a fighter, but I don't respect him as a person,'" Soares said. "Demian Maia doesn't know Anderson enough to be able to say he doesn't respect him as a person. I think [Anderson] took that very personally.

"It's really easy for people to judge people when you're not inside their head. You're not inside [Silva's] mind at the moment. By me saying this, I'm not saying I agree with what he did. I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is when you're inside the octagon fighting, you get a different view than people outside watching."

Many have suggested the champion is bored with the middleweight class and is acting out inside the cage. Soares points to Silva's knockout of Forrest Griffin at UFC 101 to shoot that idea down.

"He's not bored," he said. "People want to see knockouts? Then put someone in there that's going to want to fight. (When) you put in a guy that's going to stand and exchange with him like Forrest did, what happened?"

Soares is adamant that the champion is not in the wrong for refusing to fight opponents on their terms.

"He's the champ; he's got the belt," Soares said. "You're going to want to come in and take that belt from him? You're a jiu-jitsu guy and you want to take him to the ground and submit him? Then take him to the ground and submit him.

"If you can't get him there, does that mean Anderson should go there just to make it interesting?"

Many fans and media members suggest Silva make an immediate move to a heavier weight class in which he'll be forced to engage. Others suggest he should face middleweight contender Chael Sonnen, who has promised to take the fight to the champion.

Either way, three out of four of the champion's most recent performances have been marred by a lack of action. Prior to his knockout of Griffin, his fifth title defense, which came against Thales Leites at UFC 97, was universally panned for such an offense.

Something needs to change.

But Soares is not sold on a weight jump. A jiu-jitsu-based style is the primary culprit for the lack of action, he said.

"It was just one of those weird situations," Soares said. "Against Thales Leites, you could blame the UFC. But in this particular case, you can't blame the UFC because Demian Maia wasn't their first choice. He was there to replace Vitor Belfort.

"It's really nobody's fault."

Silva is currently in Brazil but will return to Los Angeles within 10 days.

For complete coverage of UFC 112, including the night's official results, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.