Hulk Hogan signs with TNA - And look who he's bringing with him!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

now we will start witnessing the domination of the big leg drop and how ALL wrestlers will be pinned with the basic movesets (clothesline, big foot, drop leg) once and for all! >_>

Airfixx

...And The Frontline thought they had it bad before! : P

a) I'll beleive it when I see it.
b) Hogan = good for ratings spike, bad for the product.

Someone above may have hit upon a very good point regardng this possibly being a deal to free up some TNA guys for the Hogan/Flair shows in Europe....

Travis40

Holy shit. I honestly think that IS GONNA BE AWESOME. I mean Hulk Hogan has A HUGE NAME. Although people hate him for his wrestling nowadays and shit, he still has a BIG NAME so that gets TNA an exciting new fanbase.

And Eric Bischoff? That guy is AWESOME TOO. And him being in there with Hogan? WOWZERS.

Fuck the young guys movement and shit, they're boring. HOGAN AND BISCHOFF IN TNA SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!~ OMGOMG. CAN'T WAIT. :w00t:

Yeah, last time those guys were in power together, WCW died. It may not have been their fault, but still....

Airfixx

^^^With the addition of Nash & Russo, I dunno who else you could blame?

the dark knight

he's gonna be allowed to use the name "hulk hogan"? doesn't that belong to the WWE?

also, please notify me when bischoff is officially on creative or whatever, so i could start watching (fr a while)

Kaedon

Reaction score
Thats why Vince hates Hulk, Hogan owns his own name. That's why he's been able to merchandise that gay ass blender, that grill, and that shitty energy drink. It's also why he was able to be called Hulk Hogan when he went to WCW.

Airfixx

Anyone got a good link regarding Vince vs Marvel Comics over the use of the 'Hulk' name?

Never really crossed my mind before, but surely it would have been WWF to fight that case (and thus eventually win the rights) rather than Terry Bolea?

the dark knight

^^pretty sure hulk appeared in comics way before hogan started wrestling.

This Guy

Anyone got a good link regarding Vince vs Marvel Comics over the use of the 'Hulk' name?

Never really crossed my mind before, but surely it would have been WWF to fight that case (and thus eventually win the rights) rather than Terry Bolea?

I can't find it, but the deal was back in the day when Hulk Hogan started, the WWE paid a small royalty fee to Marvel Comics. If you find any of the old WWF stuff during that time and see the credits, where it says the names and likeness are the property of Titan Sports (WWE's old Corperate name) it then says something to the effect of "Hulk, Hulkamania" property of Marvel Comics and used with permission.

When Hogan left the WWE, he personally continued to pay Marvel a royalty fee to use it, but since he was out of the spotlight for about 4 months during that time he really didn't pay much. When he joined WCW, Turner started paying it and the early WCW Video stuff would have the same disclaimer about being property of Marvel Comics.

During his time with WCW, they were able to work a new deal with Marvel. The way it works now, is Hogan now owns Hulkamina and all the other terms, except two. Hollywood Hogan was still owned by WCW & now WWE. And Hulk. Marvel still recieves a small royalty on anything Hogan related with the world "Hulk" on it.

paulie

Reaction score
If TNA pull this off correctly the positives of signing Hogan, such as boosting the ratings (hopefully big time) will far outweigh the negatives.

1. Don't let him wrestle at all or build to one big match.

2. Utilize Eric Bischoff as a good heel.

3. Do not let Hogan run the show.

Assuming these three points are taken care of and Hogan helps in putting young talent over... this could be a real turning point for TNA, no pun intended.

agree 100% my friend

MizMasta3000

I want to see Double J hit em with a guitar again, that was entertaining

This Guy

Got bad news for you folks, one thing everyone said that would help this work was that Hogan doesn't run the show, and I agree, unfortunatly TNA apparently doesn't agree. Acording to Dave Meltzer, the deal for Hogan and Eric is basically they are completely in control of the booking starting in January. If this is true, there is two possibilities, either its the end of TNA within the next 7 years ala WCW, or it won't be a big deal cause Hogan will get bored and just leave. Apparently Hogan had a similar deal in New Japan and never even showed up when it was all said and done cause he got bored.