Hulk Hogan signs with TNA - And look who he's bringing with him!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

I can't find it, but the deal was back in the day when Hulk Hogan started, the WWE paid a small royalty fee to Marvel Comics. If you find any of the old WWF stuff during that time and see the credits, where it says the names and likeness are the property of Titan Sports (WWE's old Corperate name) it then says something to the effect of "Hulk, Hulkamania" property of Marvel Comics and used with permission.

When Hogan left the WWE, he personally continued to pay Marvel a royalty fee to use it, but since he was out of the spotlight for about 4 months during that time he really didn't pay much. When he joined WCW, Turner started paying it and the early WCW Video stuff would have the same disclaimer about being property of Marvel Comics.

During his time with WCW, they were able to work a new deal with Marvel. The way it works now, is Hogan now owns Hulkamina and all the other terms, except two. Hollywood Hogan was still owned by WCW & now WWE. And Hulk. Marvel still recieves a small royalty on anything Hogan related with the world "Hulk" on it.

Cheers for the post. Kinda pieces together some stuff I already knew.

At the route of this is my curiousity as to how Marvel's recent sale to Disney may affect Hogan's use of the name Hulk at this particular juncture.... Terry Hogan doesn't quite have the same ring to it and I doubt Dixie would be quite so taken with her new signing.

Wrestling Station

At the route of this is my curiousity as to how Marvel's recent sale to Disney may affect Hogan's use of the name Hulk at this particular juncture.... Terry Hogan doesn't quite have the same ring to it and I doubt Dixie would be quite so taken with her new signing.
Total Hogan (derived from TNA's abbreviation) as he will be taking control of the show anyway :laugh:

This Guy

I doubt it would have any effect, since Disney's first meeting with Marvel when they went to discuss what changes would happen basically was Disney walking in and saying "we didn't touch pixar" and leaving.