HUGE ECW Spoiler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edgehead09

Reaction score
Matt Striker: Swaggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeerrr

Reaction score
Hmm - too soon?

I mean, how significantly "over" was Swagger anyway? Fill in the blanks if I've missed someone, but has he only scored one victory over Finlay, and the rest been Tommy Dreamer, Ricky Ortiz, in tag teams and local squash matches? Is that enough credit to have him "over" for the ECW belt?

A transitional champion for 2-3 weeks so Swagger can swell his reputation a little more would have been more suitable IMO. That being said, I have no qualms with the belt being changed now.

Vandy316

Reaction score
true. Vince's ass was probably too sore around the time of WM 21 and Cena and Batista were the only two willing enough to take it up their ass themselves. I mean, look at ur signature, Vince was punishing him so bad that he popped a vein in his forehead

seX-Power

Too soon imo. I know they needed to keep the undefeated thing but did that match itself need to happen yet? It could have happened at the ROyal Rumble or on a ECW after that. And if Matt is getting in a storyline with E & C then couldnt' they have cost him the title to give more heat to that feud? WHatever, I guess im happy.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Didn't I make a thread saying it was too soon once he indicated he wanted the belt, and everyone siad it'd just be a tease and he'd get it further down the line? Right.

Hometown Kid

He's just gonna drop the title to Evan Bourne once he gets back, if he holds it that long.

Airfixx

I hope so..
Although, with the MITB match at WrestleMania 25, it seems unlikely.

There's nothing set in concrete to say that there WILL be a MITB... With this latest development, I'm struggling to see how there won't be some TLC action at WM this year instead.

Edit: The para' below hurts my brain! :nnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:

Beer Money Army

well atleast with a young comer like Jack swagger.. Even him as ecw champ so early.. should outrate anything that tna products...

The Rated R CMStar

Swagger is holding that championship for Tommy Dreamer.

Airfixx

^^^True say!

I know it goes against the usual run of things with guys leaving companies etc., but it would be a nice touch if they let him retire as champ.

The Rated R CMStar

With the angle they'll run on tonight's ECW, it seems as if they're building toward that.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I really, really hope so. I understand that alot of people here hate Dreamer, but I think he's done enough for ECW. He's put over so many people now, it's only right that he retires as champ. Who knows.. maybe we'll get some sorta tournament to see who is the REAL ecw champion.

Moonlight Drive

Anybody else feel in their waters that Swagger goes undefeated till 'Mania, when Dreamer beats him in Extreme Rules for the belt and that feel-good moment?

Too soon, too soon. I think they should've built Swagger up more (maybe some wins on Raw?) and given him the belt at No Way Out, or at least the Rumble.

newmie

Reaction score
Perhaps they are building for Matt Hardy to win the Rumble which would be sick. And he faces Jeff at Mania, or Edge depending on who wins the title. Or maybe edge wins, Jeff demands his rematch at Mania, Matt has a match and Christian gets involved making a fatal fourway for the title. With either Jef for Edge as champ.