How?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

If anything, the smaller a show the more attractive it is to a reader.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with your whole revolution thing you've got going on here. To me, it completely defeats the purpose of working hard in your BTB.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'm not trying to start any sort of revolution thing, I actually agree with you that a BTB SHOULD be quality > quantity. So I believe feedback of "Your match is too short for my tastes" is not constructive or helpful feedback. Unless of course the match is blatantly horribly short with no explanation, like a main event.

But also, as much as I gotta respect your freakish writing skills, lol. Quality > Quantity is strange coming from you, since I'm still only on Chris Jericho Vs. Undertaker out of your Mania matches which the length I have quoted many times. So its easy for you to say Quality > Quantity, you have no problem getting reviews and you have BOTH. Some guys can't keep up with that.

CT Styles

But also, as much as I gotta respect your freakish writing skills, lol. Quality > Quantity is strange coming from you, since I'm still only on Chris Jericho Vs. Undertaker out of your Mania matches which the length I have quoted many times. So its easy for you to say Quality > Quantity, you have no problem getting reviews and you have BOTH. Some guys can't keep up with that.
It's 'Mania, the matches all have the goal of being classics, with back-and-forth action. Majority of 'Mania matches of that calibre for example, matches including Jericho, 'Taker, Michaels, Cena etc. They are all decent length matches. I tried my hardest to make them as condense as possible and I didn't elaborate the emotions in the matches as much as I could have. Look at CMS' WrestleBowl, then look at my 'Mania.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Can I pass on that offer? lol. I'd rather have at least a shred of mental energy left to write my own BTB. lol

CT Styles

Exactly. My 'Mania could have been twice as long as it ended up being.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
My main point here is that everyone should be trying to do their part to review shows regardless of whether your show is personally reviewed. I myself, will be reviewing shows and predicting cards and giving feedback to as many people as I can. And I'm not even close to what you'd consider a fraction a Veteran.

But from the majority of this thread, the Vets have seen fit to just place the blame of inactivity on the lesser BTBers and tell them to increase activity themselves. My point is that if you have the inspiration and time to write a 30 page show, that you yourself say is incredibly shorter than you could of made it, whats simply 15 minutes out of your day to help out a newbie?

That's all I'm saying. I'm gonna be doing my part to review shows without fully expecting them to review my show first. What are the vets going to do?

CT Styles

All I can say is the 'veterans' should do that too. I'm reviewing y2j's unbelievably long Wrestlemania right now which is like a chapter book. Can I ask who you classify as the 'veterans'?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Anyone who has had a long standing past or present BTB that obviously knows what they are doing. You're guys' feedback is invaluable to a new BTBer. Me reviewing? I can only do so much, and I end up sounding like just some distant fan telling at TNA to do something I like. Veterans like yourself actually KNOW what it takes to write a quality show.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I won't go that far. You've been a great morale boost for me just by your simple presence replying in my BTB thread. But like your comment about TJ's new btb, I wouldn't be surprised if that gets dropped immediately. lol. There was no constructive criticism, it was more or less telling him "Horrible idea, start over"

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
What are the vets going to do?

Your mom. They're (We're?) going to go to your house and do your mom.

Now onto my real points.
1. I do believe that people should be reviewing more (myself included).
2. I think people should stop being so hard on some of the new BTB's (comments such as "This won't last").
3. New BTB'ers need to work to get reviews, just like the rest of us did. When I started POI I'd get about 1 review per 5 shows.
4. We should stop trying to change the review system. Just review the shows segment by segment. It's not that hard.
5. Review for review should be a given. IMO, you should recieve a review from people who's shows you review.
6. To the newbies who make predictions then don't actually review the full show: Just review the fucking show. I could go into every BTB and make predictions, but it would do nothing to help the section.
7. I don't have a 7th point

CT Styles

Constructive criticism. You're saying our reviews should be more helpful, I'm telling him what I saw. He needed to improve on his grammar, punctuation and set-out because it was obvious it was thrown together in one minute. I didn't like the look of it, so I'm telling him what to change in order for other people to like the look of it and make it look professional.

Axis

How the fuck do you all have time to fully read through some of the shows that people put out? I'd understand if they were interesting essays, but let's be honest, reading action of ANY form is not very thrilling.