How?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

We already have a review system, and it works fine. Good to see you back though.

CT Styles

There's nothing we can do to make this place more active. People come in when they want to, it's just a dry period.

However, I for one would love to see a Yearbook made.

connorten

Reaction score
What is our current review system? If it is the full review then it isnt working out to well because people have to take a couple days to set up the review!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well Gards and I just came back. But we are notorious for never sticking with an idea. Hopefully this will be "the one" like CT Styles said, but I can't guarantee anything.

Personally I do what I can for reviewing shows, but sometimes reviewing BTB's from the guys who actually KNOW what they are doing, is ridiculous. Because its a give to receive system, but honestly, that's not entirely fair. One writer writes a show that is 30-40 pages long to where everything from the opening match to the main event is EPIC BOOM CRASH SUPER COOL EPIC EPIC ROCKET BLASTER BAM BOOM EPIC MATCH OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE! And say someone like me takes ALL the time to give it a proper review. I have to neglect working on my own BTB for that, which will only be a measly 8 page weekly show in comparison, and the guy who wrote that 40 page weekly show only needs to take a fraction of the time to review that I do.

There's no comparison, and I get discouraged and burnt out very easily by reading these uber epic shows and I realize that my 8 page piece of crap stands zero chance at getting any views by comparison.

I think the veteran BTB'ers who have long running or successful BTB's with no real worries of suffering disinterest any time soon should be made mods and have it their duties as BTBers to read and review the little guys shows without expecting them to have to read through their 30 page monster first. Because yeah, how the system is it weeds out crappy BTBers who just make junk feds. But it also neglects any new fresh BTBers with a little bit of potential from improving because if a veteran reviews the show, its usually to just to tear the BTBer down about all the thing they need to improve upon rather than saying "this part is good, but this part needs work". If you review a show and say everything is crap, how long do you honestly think that BTBer is gonna stick around and take time to improve? Chances are zero of that happening.

So in closing I will reinstate my main argument. It's unrealistic for someone new or struggling in BTB to have to read a 40 page show just to get feedback for their show which is a fraction of the size. Everyone who is a veteran here should be doing everything THEY can to lift fellow BTBers up and trying to build the next generation of BTB writers, not standing tall as an elite group of unattainable greatness.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I review "veterans" booker's shows differently then "beginners".

The beginners I think need a more in depth review like how to format a show, how to structure the show with promos and matches and other things like that.

I look at the veterans and they have the area down pat so you don't need to focus on that area. With them I focus more on the actual storyline and talk about where they are going with it and if it's a good direction or not.

connorten

Reaction score
I completely agree that all veterans should be reviewing and helping the new comers. All I see the veterans do is go in and say "I see this lasting 2 weeks probably less!" I mean how the hell is that going to help someone trying to help improve and work to their full potential?

As well I believe we should have the right to use a reviewing system of our choice to make it so we can review all shows and not have to write a full review for 2 hours or something! That is my opinion and I hope the BTB section gets better.

As well I am going to post a yearbook application thing tonight and I will stick with it and get it posted. I have a coiuple ideas and I am going to use them to fix the BTB section.

-TJ-

Yeah Vet's reviewing is alot better because you mostly know it's a WTFFTWOMFGBBQ :D Kind of show.

With the new guys it's a more in depth review.

Actually my review system i posted was shit. I got a better one :)

Match Writing -

Promo Writing -

Flow Of The Show -

Lenght Of The Show (Was the overall length good) -

Rate -

Additional Comments -

No hype -_-

Also I haven't wrote a btb in 3 months so if i attempt one i don't know how it will go.

And with Vets reviewing new guy's btbs will give them more exposure. One btb i wrote only got some attention because Levithon would review it for me cause he liked me apparently. :D

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well take for example TODAY. I've written reviews for the Good, The Bad and The Ugly for at least 2-3 different smaller feds today. But now I am on CT Styles BTB, because I want to review his show to pay him back for giving us early feedback and praise for just starting up. That was helpful to my morale.

Lo and Behold, its WRESTLEMANIA!

And would you expect any less, its 29 and a half pages! So I've been sitting here since about 10AM in the morning, for five hours, trying to type up a review that is befitting of his effort. In that time period, I could of written *assuming there would be that many smaller BTB's and one review every 15 minutes* 20 BTB reviews. But I am stuck trying to review CT Styles show as a courtesy to him. Not complaining about it, but also showing that for ONE CT Styles BTB Veteran Review, I could of written 20 smaller BTB reviews that would be a MILLION times more helpful to that writer than what I am about to post essentially saying "OMG what an epic show! Good job!"

CT Styles

First of all, it's quality, not quantity.

So what you guys are saying is the 'veteran' BTBers should do all the reviewing while you guys write your shows and not worry about reading ours because it's too long?

By this logic, the more time and work you put into it, the less chance people will review it. This just gives everyone the idea that the best option is to write a shit, small BTB so we can all get reviews.

BTB isn't the place for you if that's the case.

seX-Power

The BM/WM review system didn't work due to, as BKB has said numerous times, it only helps the writer on certain aspects. But I have to kinda agree with Quint, as I am reviewing Cristian's Wrestlemania and it took me 30 minutes just for one match. However, becuase he pwns, I will go on and finish. I think a solution could be giving an alternative to the reviewing with the Good/Bad/Ugly system Quint has been using lately.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Honestly, the new review system is fine, and people are just complaining that it's bad since they are too lazy to write them up. Sure, it takes longer than the other method, but that was complete and utter dog shit, and this way is way more effecient to help the up and coming BTBers. Maybe, just maybe, we could reinstate some life in this section by actually keeping your word with some things, such as when someone casts predictions and says that they will review, yet they don't even make the effort to start the review, yet they still expect the other to review them. Once again, if people simply MAKE THE EFFORT to try and review and restore sme life into this section, maybe it wouldn't be so dead. Also, people are making useless things in the Lounge, and they don't keep word on their promise. Prime example is connorten, who made the active bookers of the week and promised to make it a weekly column, yet he forgot about it after practically one day. I repeat, if people pull their socks up and make the attempt to review/ bring back some life to the section, well, that may just happen. Also, all of this 'veteran' BTBer nonsense needs to stop TBH, because since you think that they can create longers shows they have more time to review? As CT said, it gives the impression that if you barely even try, you'll get more comments, which is bullshit.

On a lighter note:

as I am reviewing Cristian's Wrestlemania and it took me 30 minutes just for one match. However, becuase he pwns, I will go on and finish.
<3 :p.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Shouldn't the yearbook be with someone who has been more active in the section over the past year, aka Cris, X and etc.

seX-Power

Shouldn't the yearbook be with someone who has been more active in the section over the past year, aka Cris, X and etc.

Why must you jump to conclusions about connorten's inactivity and inability to follow up with virtually anything? Just because he is the last person to be suited for organising the yearbook doesn't mean you should mindlessly bash him.

Honestly.

:shifty:

Btw, where's our mod?

Qwake

When you think about it, even those two haven't really been in this section all that long. I would recomend BKB, CT Styles, CMS or XBA to do it since they have been here pretty much the whole time. I'm not telling them to do it I'm just saying they would be my picks if there were to be one.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
It's not an issue of laziness, its an issue about fairness.

Veteran BTB: Writes Massive Show That Everybody Reads.
Reviewers: OMG You're So Awesome! *this review took 3 days to write, for which the reviewers own BTB was neglected just to give the Veteran absolutely zero helpful feedback*

Newbie BTB: Writes a still quality show, but is viewed as crap in quality because Batista Vs. Chris Jericho wasn't 5 pages worth of text.
Reviewers: If they even bother to review, they give helpful feedback to try and help improve that BTBer. There is no "OMG Awesome Stuff!" because there is obviously something to improve upon.

Seriously now, THINK about it. Should this section be wasting its time writing up a 5 page review to a 30 page show that essentially can be summed up in "Cool Story, Bro". Or should this section be trying to help build up the next generation of writers get better?

I hate to sound like a guy stirring the pot of controversy, but if the Vets want to continue to stand on a pedestal and say "If you want more activity do it yourselves!" then this section will continue to die off. You need to care about the new guys interested in writing, not discourage them from being here.