How wwe titles should be used

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

With the unified tag championship belts(can you please wear 1 belt already) and hopefully the wwe signing the briscoe's means they're focusing on the tag team division once again, we know the tag team champions can appear on all the brands.

Now, why not do this for the other belts?? remove the diva's championship and have the womens title be a title that the holder can appear on all the brands as well. but that's not all, bring back the cruiserweight championship and have the same rules apply because it'll give guys like bourne, chavo, etc something to do.T
Thoughts??

CenaMark54

They aren't going to focus on the tag team titles. The point of them right now is an excuse to have top stars on all the shows.

xtremebadass

I loved in 2002 where the Undisputed title could appear on both brands. It made for alot of possibilities while still keeping the brands separate.

If you ask me WWE needs way more tag teams that don't consist of main events or random superstars paired together. I want legit tag teams. Kroft and Baretta are pretty cool.

imjerel

Reaction score
actually if you bring back the cruiserweight title, it'll be a lil of a bore (imo) cuz they don't hv the prestige in the wwe as the IC or US,

I say, bring back IC and US titles to the main stream and i mean no crappy matches like a simple fatal four way or triple threat, and also let there only be one tag titles.

and Finally, throw out the ECW title, ok i may get hated wiv this bt jst hear me out, ECW champion was suppose to be abt being the most extreme superstar and i mean like Hardcore, now it seems as if its lost its purpose, cuz its usually being defended in normal matches, to me i feel a lil betrayed by the WWE on how they treat the ECW title, i mean they don't even recognize the champions as world champions

thts my opinion...

King Of Kings

Reaction score
With the unified tag championship belts(can you please wear 1 belt already) and hopefully the wwe signing the briscoe's means they're focusing on the tag team division once again, we know the tag team champions can appear on all the brands.

Now, why not do this for the other belts?? remove the diva's championship and have the womens title be a title that the holder can appear on all the brands as well. but that's not all, bring back the cruiserweight championship and have the same rules apply because it'll give guys like bourne, chavo, etc something to do.T
Thoughts??

It would be kind of hard to do this with the wwe title because if you start a fued with someone on raw for example that person cant go to smackdown with you to fued there. Only the champ can go from show to show. The only way this could work is if the brand split finished. What would happen on smackdown the champ just talk about the guy hes fueding with on raw? The tag titles work because they arent really relevant they seem to be more like trophys and put up in random tag matches. Its not like there is a set fued for the titles.

seX-Power

Why would they recognize the ECW champ as a world champ? ECW needs a title, and also nobody by now should give a shit about it not being hardcore. I thought that was settled two years ago.

imjerel

Reaction score
i dunno it just doesnt seem right to me, loL! but yeah i'll stick to the IC and US titles should be put back in the main stream, what you think?

noumenon

They aren't going to focus on the tag team titles. The point of them right now is an excuse to have top stars on all the shows.

This. And the fact that they still haven't made a new set of tag titles just shows how indecisive they are about what they're going to do with the belts. That's all they really are now is a free pass for top guys to be brand-mobile. I mean seriously, was there ANY point to putting the belts on DX? They haven't had a single feud for the belts, let alone mentioned the fucking things since winning them. Hell the only time they appeared on Smackdown was the time it wasn't filmed on a Tuesday! And with the Rumble coming up and assuming their eventual split, they're probably going to drop them just as pointlessly as they picked them up.

The only thing that could ever work would be POSSIBLY having an Undisputed Champion once again which cold become mobile across both RAW and Smackdown. It's become painfully obvious as of late which title holds more importance. However, there may be a few too many main eventers for this to actually work. But hey, here's a concept. Maybe that'll force them to focus on some interesting back stories and craft some feuds around something other than "HEY, YOU HAVE BELT, ME WANT BELT! ME FACE YOU?"

MizMasta3000

Croft/Barretta(ECW
Cryme Tyme(SD)
Hart Dynasty (RAW)
Legacy * (RAW)
DX* (RAW)
The Briscoes
Punk and Gallows (SD)
Hardy and Khali (official team now) (SD)
Slam Masta J and Jimmy Wang Yang (official team now) (SD)
Charlie Haas and Mike Knox (official team) (SD)

* If they last

Most of teams we have now are on Smackdown. We have enough teams (not good teams but teams) to have a decent tag division I would say get Croft/Barretta out of ECW and put someof these SD teams on RAW and we can have very solid tag division.

noumenon

Well considering that DX and Legacy are both probably in the middle of a split, I don't know about that. Also, selling Haas/Knox and Wang/Jesse as legit tag teams is a bit of a stretch. Also, I'd like to think of Punk and Gallows as more of bodyguard type relationship rather than a tag team.
It's kind of hard to divide shit three ways isn't it though? lol

MizMasta3000

the asteric meant if they stay together. Even still we have to work with what we have and the only REAL teams we have is Croft/Baretta, Cryme tyme, Harts. ECW is going to fold in the near future more than likely so it is best to get Croft and Baretta to a main brand and even out the teams so we have a halfway decent tag division. I only said Punk and Gallows because they are No. 1 contenders.

xtremebadass

I seriously think the ECW brand should be disbanded and treat the ECW title as a hardcore belt.

noumenon

In a company that doesn't allow blood or unprotected chair shots? Or maybe defend it once a year at "EXTREME R00LZ..WHERE DA WWE GOEZ X-TREEEEEM"?