How Will You Book Orton To Make Him More Relevant?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
But Ambrose is just as popular as Orton, in fact he may be even more popular so... I am lost there lol

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That doesn't mean this run will be the same as the Us title is bigger now and was seen as Shit before.

That's ridiculous. They stripped Bryan after 30 days, strip super man.

It probably would be the same lame run just like the first time, 'cause anyone not named Cena wouldn't be doing well with the US title. That's just my guess.

Yeah, they did strip Bryan. But this is Cena we're talking about.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It probably would be the same lame run just like the first time, 'cause anyone not named Cena wouldn't be doing well with the US title. That's just my guess.

Yeah, they did strip Bryan. But this is Cena we're talking about.
I hope not because it would be really silly for them to build this title for nearly a year now, just to stop it for 2 months, simply because cena wants time off.

I'm aware it's cena and I get it, I was rather trying to point out the stupid inconsistencies with WWE. I know we're aware of it, but a perfect way to build a cena return would be to have him drop the belt and have to win in it back. Keep the title alive and strong while he's gone so it keeps it status. Makes cena more "hungry"

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I hope not because it would be really silly for them to build this title for nearly a year now, just to stop it for 2 months, simply because cena wants time off.

I'm aware it's cena and I get it, I was rather trying to point out the stupid inconsistencies with WWE. I know we're aware of it, but a perfect way to build a cena return would be to have him drop the belt and have to win in it back. Keep the title alive and strong while he's gone so it keeps it status. Makes cena more "hungry"

If they book an injury angle, then I could live with the US title being gone for 2 months.

At this point, I'm just hoping Cena's keeping the US title warm for Sami Zayn... Or pretty much anyone who's about to get called up to the main roster from NXT.

Reactions: Red Rain

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
To get the thread back on topic:

Does anyone else think Orton turns on Ambrose at HIAC, or does Jericho return instead, costing Orton and Ambrose the win and then the feud 'tween Y2J and Ambrose begins? I prefer the latter scenario.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
To get the thread back on topic:

Does anyone else think Orton turns on Ambrose at HIAC, or does Jericho return instead, costing Orton and Ambrose the win and then the feud 'tween Y2J and Ambrose begins? I prefer the latter scenario.
As of now. I prefer Y2J scenario. Love heel
Jericho

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I recall two times in Orton's career when he showed the biggest leaps in progress: traveling with Evolution and traveling with Edge.
He was younger, less experienced and had a great deal to prove so he was willing to learn and get better.
These days Orton travels solo and has accomplished, literally, everything a pro wrestler could accomplish.

He operates best when he's been traveling with somebody he feels exceeds his talent level. Anything short of traveling with The Rock each night wouldn't serve to motivate him much.

Edit: Winning the IC title might have been a safe bet had Owens not stepped up. A makeover could also be useful.

hqdefault.jpg

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Orton is fine doing what he's doing. He's working with some of the younger guys, he's probably not going to be around for too much longer, he's relevant on the show, he's just not in a top story right now.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If Orton went heel and began doing the punt again, yes.

I could see him giving Paul Heyman a good ole head punt.

But Orton vs Lesnar has to happen a some point. 2 of the biggest superstars in the company and would put up a great match no doubt

Reactions: edge4ever

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
A Y2J/Ambrose feud was teased at NOC. Reigns and Ambrose had a mystery partner (Y2J) coming out to help 'em defeat The Wyatt Family.
Reigns, Ambrose and Y2J failed in doing so (as Jericho ate the pin, in this case, he passed out to a submission hold), so after the match they went to check on Y2J, but he decided to act like a dick and shove his way through them and do the shoulder bump on Ambrose.

I'm definitely behind this Ambrose/Y2J feud, considering WWE's been in this lull period for a while now.

Y2J vs. Ambrose is an awesome idea, indeed. The problem is Y2J's schedule and if he actually wants to stay in.

(To add, Jericho going in and out WWE is getting old.)

[...] In fact, you could have a heel Jericho fight a face Ambrose for the US title while cena is gone?

YASSS PHU-LEASE! This is being idealistic.

Ambrose ain't winning the US title from Cena. His run when he was still part of The Shield was lackluster, so no, thank you.

Don't be surprised if Cena gets written off TV at HIAC (post-HIAC Raw) and still get to remain the champ for the next 2 months of his absence.

I actually think Roman is the weakest link, soooo...

This is being realistic, though. Could see this happening.

But Ambrose is just as popular as Orton, in fact he may be even more popular so... I am lost there lol

We cannot deny the fact that Orton is still well-known more than Ambrose. He's longer in the company, for starters.

I recall two times in Orton's career when he showed the biggest leaps in progress: traveling with Evolution and traveling with Edge.
He was younger, less experienced and had a great deal to prove so he was willing to learn and get better.
These days Orton travels solo and has accomplished, literally, everything a pro wrestler could accomplish.

He operates best when he's been traveling with somebody he feels exceeds his talent level. Anything short of traveling with The Rock each night wouldn't serve to motivate him much.

Edit: Winning the IC title might have been a safe bet had Owens not stepped up. A makeover could also be useful.

hqdefault.jpg

THIS. DEFINITELY THIS.

Comapring Rady Orton's stint in Evolution and Rated RKO from in Legacy is a wonderful observation. This is something I similarly observed with his feuds, too.

[...]

But Orton vs Lesnar has to happen a some point. 2 of the biggest superstars in the company and would put up a great match no doubt

Orton vs. Lesnar is an OK storyline too, that is if Lesnar would work full time and would be builded up properly. :)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Orton is more established and well known, it doesn't make him better or more desired by fans. His biggest run was as the legend killer and that was many moons ago.