How TNA Can Live Up To Their Motto, "Where Wrestling Matters"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
so Destination X was a bad PPV?

for TNA's standards, that shit was phenomenal. don't get me wrong, it couldn't hold a candle to MITB, but come on. it was a very fun/highly entertaining show. at least for me...

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
TNA always has good wrestling matches, much more fast paced most of the time than WWE, but that means less psychology and more botches. TNA is just bland at the moment and its not gonna take guys like Crimson and Gunner to change that. They need to capitilize on their strong points and roll with them. Wasnt The Pope looking like a future world champ not too long ago? And why is Bobby Roode even still in TNA if hes gonna be a Tag team lackey his whole tenture? The guy is a main eventer period. Sting/Bully Ray/Hogan/Stiener/Gunner etc get way too much TV time and its honestly rediculous. They need to chill with their A.D.D style booking and stick to their original plans or actually make plans before booking storylines for that matter. They seem to book on the fly in every aspect and thats probably why I cant remember any recent TNA storylines or who wrestled/feuded with who anymore, let alone whether they are heel or face. TNA is just a big mess that Hogan and Bisch did help create but we all know it wouldnt be much better without them two.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Have some Direction... like a straight up Point A to Point B type feuds...

Like, a guy vs a guy, guy wins, other bro wants a rematch, they fuck with each other, bam!, rematch, guy wins, blah...end feud match.

instead, TNA is all guy rapes other guy's girlfriend backstage, other guy's kids wanna stab the badguy, badguy turns into a good guy, interference, good guy's kids turn into wrestlers for some reason, they have a reverse lumberjack match.... feud drags on for months or is totally forgotten about in a week, idk coin flip.

they just complicate things too much.

Airfixx

Reaction score
TNA always has good wrestling matches, much more fast paced most of the time than WWE, but that means less psychology and more botches.

To be honest, they have a REPUTATION amongst the internet for such matches, but lets be brutally honest, the quality of matches had fallen the fuck off some time ago.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
'09 TNA had a way unfair reputation when they were putting on really solid PPVs/feuds most months. Unfortunately, their rep is similar, the product just fell off the wagon and sucks. But lately there's been a near miraculous turnaround since the BFG series started. Even a crap match like Joe vs. Devon had me a bit interested due to the points. The main problem is their storylines...nobody cares about any of them, and the "Who owns the company" storyline is played out for any promotion.

Gunner and Crimson are their young guys they wanna push, so that's one thing, but why the fuck is Devon involved with this? Daniels anyone, hello?

Like Kenfan and Sultans said, a "back to the basics approach" would do wonders for their show on TV, and could lead to a chance to grow.

Also Rell, I too thought Destination X was a thoroughly entertaining show, like Soul food, no BS (Besides Young/Shark Boy), just some solid wrestling. It didn't mean anything due to bad booking not because the wrestlers didn't do a damn good job.

Reaction score
The major problem, I think, is TNA has this unshakeable stigma of putting out crap shows and being an abortion of a wrestling promotion. No matter how much they improve or put on good shows it still can't shake that stigma (especially when TNA takes one step forward and 3453450938 steps back). Who has TNA promoted to or allowed to be promoted to main eventer? And by main eventer I don't just mean occasional contender to the world title. I mean someone who can be looked at as "the man" and a legitimate top draw for the promotion.

Axis

Reaction score
Who needs a top draw when you have talent like Crimson, Gunner, Ken Anderson, and Matt Morgan in the spotlight?