How the fuck does this return not have a thread yet?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Thankfully i missed RAW this past Monday if The Rock's return was the best thing that happened..

Reactions: Leo C

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Thankfully i missed RAW this past Monday if The Rock's return was the best thing that happened..

Nope, it wasn't the best thing that happened on the show, but it was one of the best on the show, though.

Here are your best parts of the show ;)

1. Openning segment with Rollins/Cena/Ambrose was good, well... The part when Dean joined in and started beating Seth in the crowd was good. Ambrose just being all over the show this past Monday night was sweet!
2. The crowd cheering for Sandow, while Miz vs Sheamus was happening.
3. The Rock coming back
4. The Wyatt Family vignette
5. Dean Ambrose raising hell in the very last segment of the show and then laying Cena down with Double Arm DDT

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
2. The crowd cheering for Sandow, while Miz vs Sheamus was happening.
3. The Rock coming back
4. The Wyatt Family vignette

Sounds pretty boring to me...

The Ambrose stuff was probably good. He's been highly entertaining in the past few months.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Lol. Marks bagging on The Rock returning.

:gtfo:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
All returning legends do is get pops (except, HBK apparently). Why watch? I can't recall the last meaningful promo the Rock gave.
Edge gave a promo during the build to the Cena/Lesnar Extreme Rules match up that carried more meaning than every Rock promo since his return (sans the first one)
The problem with Rock returns is they are all political, yet he has the potential to deliver something quite better than he has.

Dwayne Johnson (not the Rock) is pandering to movie goers. He will do nothing to jeopardize that. HBK is the only returning legend who will jazz it up any.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
All returning legends do is get pops (except, HBK apparently). Why watch? I can't recall the last meaningful promo the Rock gave.
Edge gave a promo during the build to the Cena/Lesnar Extreme Rules match up that carried more meaning than every Rock promo since his return (sans the first one)
The problem with Rock returns is they are all political, yet he has the potential to deliver something quite better than he has.

Dwayne Johnson (not the Rock) is pandering to movie goers. He will do nothing to jeopardize that. HBK is the only returning legend who will jazz it up any.
His 2011-2012 promos sold the most PPV buys in WWE history...\

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The novelty of him returning sold the most PPV buys in WWE History.

Then again, I can't really argue. His 2013 number did very well and that was the only hook for that show

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The novelty of him returning sold the most PPV buys in WWE History.

Then again, I can't really argue. His 2013 number did very well and that was the only hook for that show
Just said that, son.

:tough:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
When are you going to get it through your think skull that just because a 4 million monkeys buy into horseh*t, doesn't mean I buy it?
If 4 million people jumped off a bridge, would that seem like a good idea to you, or you would think about it first?
Sure, 4 million people would pique your curiosity and you'd be tempted to jump, but not before at least assessing why they are doing it.
Again, Dwayne's promos are dogsh*t and politically driven. I see right through it particularly when they are minor adaptations of the same dogsh*t.

Keep following monkeys and what the media/statistics tell you but that's not living, that's doing what others tell you,

Reactions: Leo C

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

As if the brand name of Wrestlemania and Rock's star power in Hollywood didn't help with that.

I have no problem with another Rock return for the record, just saying.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think it's fine if he interacts with new talent. Glad he was having time with Rusev, and I really don't mind The Rock returning at all.

TopWWEFacts

Jobber
Reaction score
Well It Could Be A Suprise If The Rock Returned On Christmas And Be The Good Santa And Fight Rusev Becuse Rusev Is The Bad Santa That Could Be Awesome To See