How the fuck does this return not have a thread yet?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Didn't exactly make any sense as to why they brought him in for this. Especially since Big Job was involved before him.
Agreed, they seemed to be building a feud between him and show. Regardless, I loved it. Unexpected, gives Rusev a chance to look bigger, and hopefully him and The Rock fight at HIAC or something. This is the kind of feud that even when Rusev loses to the Rock, the fact that he made it to the level of fighting of the Rock is great. America represented by the Brama Bull and Russia with Rusev. Obviously, let the Rock come back at the Rumble and be at Mania....but a match with Rusev would be nice to help with ratings.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Was awesome to be surprised by his return to the show.. not the only return too, I'm stoked for Edge and Christian's special highlight show for the 15th anniversary.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I didn't know this was happening, sounds fantastic.
I lied.. well misunderstood what they said last night.. Apparently it was a special that they aired on the WWE Network after RAW last night.

In celebration of SmackDown's 15th Anniversary, WWE Network will air a special titled Edge and Christian's 15th Anniversary SmackDown Show that Totally Reeks of Awesomeness, immediately following tonight's Monday Night Raw. Edge and Christian will take viewers on a trip down memory lane to relive some of the greatest moments throughout the 15 year history of SmackDown. WWE Network will continue the celebration with classic episodes of SmackDown airing throughout the week.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
You're such a smark, tonight just leave the 9-5 on the shelf and just enjoy yourself.
Not sure what 9-5 is honestly, but this didn't really suck or anything. It was fine. Rock does nothing for me, but if it was this it would just be some filler diva match or whatever so it's alright. Not sure how Rock beating Rusev up helps but it's not a burial or anything

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Not sure what 9-5 is honestly, but this didn't really suck or anything. It was fine. Rock does nothing for me, but if it was this it would just be some filler diva match or whatever so it's alright. Not sure how Rock beating Rusev up helps but it's not a burial or anything
9-5 is a metaphor for reality. The reality of people's life is a day job consisting of getting up in the morning and arriving at work at 9am.
We go to our lunch at 1pm and clock out at 5pm. It's the reality of life nobody can escape. He's saying your grasp on reality is a tad too tight.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
9-5 is a metaphor for reality. The reality of people's life is a day job consisting of getting up in the morning and arriving at work at 9am.
We go to our lunch at 1pm and clock out at 5pm. It's the reality of life nobody can escape. He's saying your grasp on reality is a tad too tight.
That helped, thanks.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
The whole promo was mad, the whole Moscow MooseKnuckle and shorts to the nipples, I was laughing my ass off for the first time in ages.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This was almost certainly just a nice one-time surprise appearance, probably in preparation for an appearance tonight on the 15th anniversary of Smackdown as well. They've done a couple of these sudden announced appearances with The Rock in the past, most notably with Randy Orton on Raw in July of 2004.

I'm not gonna complain about the fact that they used The Rock on Rusev, though. This is exactly how they should use someone like The Rock, having him interacting with newer superstars on the roster that he's never shared screen time with before. Although I would love to see The Rock share a segment with Seth Rollins as well. The Rock, John Cena and Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Kane as the main event of the 15th anniversary of Smackdown would be awesome, but the odds of that happening are astronomically slim unless they really do want to go all-out.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Poor confused Leo, haha.

Everything to say about it has really been said, but if they were trying to get the Twitterverse like "OMG ROCK ON RAW WOOOOOO" during the halftime of Monday Night Football, why not follow it up with a great match with the current stars, or a hot promo segment, or somethign to give people a reason to believe that this show they loved when they were kids was worth watching now? Why did they follow it with the Divas?

Reactions: Leo C