How should WWE handle Edge's return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I'de definately say one on one...anything is better without the Big Show...sorry guys..lol.
If Edge and Christian do reunite it's gotta be for something truly fuckin epic and not wasted on something like this... like to face The Hardys in a TLC match, or feud with DX.

hellpop

Reaction score
Personally, I'm of the belief that the surprise return is almost always better, if handled right (such as Cena's Rumble return). What I'd like to see is for them to really build Jericho up- no more of this being the weak link in the tag team- so that he looks unstoppable. Have him continue to cut promos on Edge, though. That way, when Edge returns and challenges him, people are ravenous to see him clobber Jericho, and it will mean something. Follow the template of Jericho/Malenko in WCW, basically.

MizMasta3000

^ ^ ^
If Big Show's still a factor it'll be a good excuse to reunite Edge and Christian

Christian loses the ECW title goes to SD and E&C take the titles. perfect. Lets be honest here, we might end up with a heel E%C because Face just isn't in edge anymore for a long period of time

ON THE other hand, SD could use some Main eventers now that Jeff is out and Taker never works anymore. J-Mo and Zig is IC and rey is suspended and will prob come back for IC title

noumenon

What? Edge was getting a face reaction before he left...BY BEING HEEL! People want to love him at this point and I don't think there's much they can do upon his return to stop people from doing so.

MizMasta3000

He will come back as a face but quickly turn heel just like Y2J

Dynamo

Reaction score
Edge should come back Face. E & C would be great. really give the tag titles a proper push with real competition.

Eventually lead to a legacy fued. Culimnating in some nasty break up, but giving Rhodes and Dibiase the heat they need to become genuine contenders for the big strap a couple years down the line.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Well watching SD for the past few weeks it seems I was right. Mega face push, gonna run through Jericho and if Punk as the title, it's a feud over Lita. :-D

kingovkings

Reaction score
Are u mad if Punk has the Title, Did u not see dave the i want a title Batista go over to SD. There is were the title will be ;). LOL

Reaction score
E & C would definitely be faces

did you hear the crowd reaction Edge got when he came out first for the Unified Tag Team Match

pocket

Reaction score
This may be the obvious of directions but who cares..

Start off with the HHH-like return promos and have them air for about a month or so..

This in turn will give Jericho more than enough time to refresh everyone's memories and cut several promos, citing Edge as a loser, a hypocrite, a parasitic tapeworm, and most importantly the weak link of "Team Ego"

So when the time comes, say around the RR, and Edge makes his triumphant return he'll obviously be an instant babyface by default, which as much as I may want him to remain a heel, Edge as a face serves as a good thing bc in the current state of the WWE its alot harder to come across a top tier main event face than it is to develop top main event level heel.

That being said, they have a couple of altercations, exchange a few promos, and essentially milk the feud til they meet up one on one at Wrestlemania 26 where they put on what I hope will be an excellent matchup from two of my favorites.

Oh and if Big show is still a factor at this time, which i doubt, but if he is he'll be a good excuse to keep Edge from Jericho til WM

I'm totally with this dude here... spot on... If there is anyone who can get someone over in just a couple of promos his name is Chris Jericho... I'd be sad to see JeriShow split because its fucking great to see the tag div in the spotlight and these guys are working the shit out of it...

My money is on edge winning the Rumble.... faces always win the Rumble... maybe work an angle where he's not medically cleared to win it yet still goes on to win it.... many many options

Him facing Orton for the gold as Rumble winner would be a great storyline... would draw too

Rivetting Rolex

Reaction score
Have promos air a while in advance such as a month or so. Then this will give Jericho or someone time to have a little cheat shot over how Edge got injured etc. Then have him make a surprise return such as at the Royal Rumble or during a title match in which Jericho is involved to cost him.