How long before Raw fans turn on Kofi?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

I'm guessing a month.

All the ingrediants for fan backlash are in place.

1. Premature Push
2. Premature Title reign
3. Kiss Ass Babyface with signature taunts that will soon become annoying

In a few weeks the boo's will start, then the Kofi sucks chants, then a random monster heel will kick his ass and take the title, then Kofi will be turned heel by making fun of America.

Wrestling Station

Kofi is not ready yet for a title reign. If they gave him a tag title instead (well not even fast).

Kofi will be the next Santino at Raw. Winning a title and then get boo'd later and turn heel.

chessarmy

I don't think a fan Backlash is going to happen, and I definitely don't think Kofi is turning heel anytime soon. The fans won't turn on guys like Kofi because he is a pretty good wrestler, unlike the other guy that they turned on :shifty:

MikeRaw

If they booed him, he can pull a Santino, cause he has an accent too >_>
Anyways, I dont think they will. Hes not getting a main event push, its a midcard push. People dont boo over that.

noumenon

Well, he definately was not ready for the push for the IC title yet. He's got some talent but he's EXTREMELY repetitive. I already can't stand the fuckin "BOOm BOOm BOOm" shit.
I was more than happy to see Burchill come out and curbstomp him through the mat. Burchill deserves that belt more than any midcarder out there right now and would definately give it some severe credability.

And was it just me or did Haas look real good out there last night? lmao.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Why would they turn on him? he is extremely entertaining and is not getting a main event push, I fail to see why he would be turned on? I could see guys turning on him if he was boring to watch, but he is fast paced, high flying, agile and looks good as well as very able on the mic

Well, he definately was not ready for the push for the IC title yet. He's got some talent but he's EXTREMELY repetitive. I already can't stand the fuckin "BOOm BOOm BOOm" shit.
I was more than happy to see Burchill come out and curbstomp him through the mat. Burchill deserves that belt more than any midcarder out there right now and would definately give it some severe credability.

And was it just me or did Haas look real good out there last night? lmao.

Why does Birchill deserve it? what has he done since he came back to the WWE?

He has had no real rivalry and you will be hard pushed to find any of his matches last longer than 5 minutes, Kofi since his arrival in ECW has been outstanding!

CenaMark54

If they booed him, he can pull a Santino, cause he has an accent too >_>
Anyways, I dont think they will. Hes not getting a main event push, its a midcard push. People dont boo over that.

The Rock
Randy Orton
Santino

Kofi is heading down the same path.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Santino never should be mentioned in the same breath as Rock or Orton, anyway Orton was a boring heel when he was in the IC division, nothing he did was interesting, Kofi is hardly the same, The Rock was Raw (pun intended) but when he turned heel he was different class

CenaMark54

Santino never should be mentioned in the same breath as Rock or Orton, anyway Orton was a boring heel when he was in the IC division, nothing he did was interesting, Kofi is hardly the same, The Rock was Raw (pun intended) but when he turned heel he was different class

Do you not understand the point of the thread?

It is about rookies who are pushed too hard and fast and shoved down our throats as babyfaces.

The Rock came in as a baby kissing, old lady helping babyface and people wanted to murder him. Orton came in as a high energy, hand slapping babyface and the crowd turned on him. Santino won the IC title his first night as the babyface underdog and the crowd turned on him as well.

Now we have Kofi. He was pushed hard right from the start, won the IC belt his first PPV over Jericho. He runs to the ring, already has a signature taunt, and he slaps hands.

Bottomline: Fans hate that.

This is not a comparison of wrestling abilities.

Lastly, how was Orton boring when he was the IC champ? That was some of his best work. Not only was he one the best IC champs ever, he also challenged HHH for the top heel spot in only his second year in the WWE.

MikeRaw

The Rock
Randy Orton
Santino

Kofi is heading down the same path.

Its stupid to compare those to Kofi.
Santino, ya, thats a fair comparision. But Orton is booed for being a heel, not for being pushed. Rock was booed, but because his character was a loser as Rocky Maivia, and people were sick of him. IDK, it could happen, or it couldnt, but theres always pushes going around, and a midcard push isnt that bad.

If they do boo him for some reason, good, Raw needs another heel, lol.

CenaMark54

^^^Rocky Maivia and Kofi Kingston are, for all intents and purposes, the same damn character. The happy go lucky babyface rookie.

Orton came up as a rookie and the fans forced the WWE to turn him heel because he was getting booed as a face.

noumenon

He's definately talented....there's no doubt about that. I just question whether the fans were prepared for him to take the belt away from someone the caliber of Jericho so quickly... his only notable feud was with Shelton Benjamin. We know nothing of his character besides the fact that he's from Jamaica and he likes to go "BOOM BOOM BOOM". The IC title definately isn't that big of a stretch for him, but I wish they had waited a little bit longer before handing it over to him. I understand they didn't bury Y2J but giving it to him because the win was via interferance but still.
There's something about Burchill that I just absolutely love. He comes off as a complete and total beast. I'm really looking foward to the upcoming weeks of Kofi/Burchill. I'm sure we'll at some point see the Burchill family reign with Katie holding the Womens and Paul with the IC.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Opinions vary Cena Mark, however what I have noticed is that you cannot take anyone elses opinion that varies from yours, so I see no point in continuing to go over it with you though because you will never see eye to eye with anyone who does not share your views, which are flawed in my opinion!

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah Mike, he's not talking about currently what Randy Orton is, but when he debuted.

CenaMark54

Opinions vary Cena Mark, however what I have noticed is that you cannot take anyone elses opinion that varies from yours, so I see no point in continuing to go over it with you though because you will never see eye to eye with anyone who does not share your views, which are flawed in my opinion!

God forbid opinions vary and people debate on a internet forum.

Anyway, I guess only time will tell.