How long before Jericho is battling it out for the IC title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I agree with Cenamark.

I think that Jericho/Umaga woulda done really well if you played the storyline off as if Orton will put anyone between him and Jericho.

The Rated R CMStar

In fact, Orton will only go through Jericho in Armageddon, as in the RR it will be Orton vs Jeff Hardy/HHH.

In my eyes, Jericho is just getting the reactions, the treatment and the booking of another face going to be fed to the Number One Heel in the company, with the only difference that he returned 3 weeks ago. This whole booking of Chris Jericho has been messed up. He should have debuted back in the Raw after Cyber Sunday, gave him a feud for a match in the SS(instead of the tough love shit with Horny), and THEN start his feud with Randy Orton.

Besides, I think that Jericho vs Orton is getting overshadowed by Jeff Hardy vs HHH and even HBK vs Ken Kennedy. Definetly the build up have been better. And that's only on Raw, because nothing compares to the whole Edge/Batista/Taker booking

Airfixx

In my eyes, Jericho is just getting the reactions, the treatment and the booking of another face going to be fed to the Number One Heel in the company, with the only difference that he returned 3 weeks ago. This whole booking of Chris Jericho has been messed up. He should have debuted back in the Raw after Cyber Sunday, gave him a feud for a match in the SS(instead of the tough love shit with Horny), and THEN start his feud with Randy Orton.

Spot on, CMS....

Just as long they don't complete this royal fuck up by giving him the belt at Armageddon.

Orton's looking good - Hopefully he can hang on until WM... that'd be awesome!

MrPAROnoidâ„¢

Reaction score
I agree with the muppet
:s
Orton deserve's a decent Title run.
He doe's tend to bore me and talk like a Sidewayed hooker but hey his a decent enough wrestler.
Jeff Hardy Next WWE Champ?​

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
Jeff Hardy as champ? Now, no... Soon.. maybe. Listen, Jericho had his push. Reminds me of when Steiner had a hyped up return to WWE, face HHH for the title... squash... two months later hes gone. Dont feed into returns too much because they always dont go right. I agree the crowds have sucked alot recently... they all miss Cena. Hate to admit it but Cena is the new Rock (minus the arsenal of wrestling moves) Predictions:

- Jericho in MITB
- HHH will have WWE title in the next few months
- Crowd will come back to life when Cena comes back
- Jeff Hardy vs. HHH @ 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania
and the kicker...
- Orton traded to SD! (again) to make way for the top heel in WWE... Oh... you don't know who it is?... EDGE! DUH!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Jericho's getting over now just on name value. If Orton wins at Armageddon it'll be "The Legend Killer just killed the former Undisputed Champion!". He could be in an Upper Midcard role in programs with HBK or Umaga. If he did win the IC Title, it would be a good thing for the title's credibility, again because of Jericho's name and accomplishments. I don't see him switiching brands soon either.

stryfe

Reaction score
it'll be orton vs hhh at RR. Sucks for jericho

MrPAROnoidâ„¢

Reaction score
As much as i would like Jericho to win , i do doubt it.
This is just a way to hype up Jericho Fersure.
Really want the 'Rainbow headed crotch botch' to become the next WWE champ.
Either him or that Jamaica dude​

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
^ Agreed that would be a great fued to see Jericho and Hardy battle it out. It could even be a fued that would put Hardy over for good. It would be a great way to push Hardy into the main event. Jericho and Hardy could culminate in a ladder match for the IC title and then both in the MITB and Hardy or Jericho win

Prefrably Hardy

Leaping Leo

Reaction score
Most Likely At The New Years Revolution,

I Think The Plan Is Hardy Wins At NYR Then Jericho Wins The Royal Rumble and Faces Orton At WM,Jericho Wins At WM and Becomes WWE Champion

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
*Sets aside fandom once again* Damn you WWE for forcing me to do this again. Ok they booked Y2Js return so wrong. I'm sure he helped orchestrate his return and it was wrong wrong wrong. He should have not been booked into a main event right out of the box. He definately looks like he has been gone for 2 years. Noone can come back from being gone that amount of time and expect to be in main event condition. He did not get the pop he wanted for the whole save_us return, partly because once again, the WWE tried to market off his first debut, with this basically being the same idea, and it just didn't work. Granted the fans have been horrible, like SP and alot of other people said, Flair didn't even get a good reaction in Flair country, so it was unrealistic to expect them to cheer for someone who most of them don't know from Adam. Also, he has never been very over as a face, so that too was a bad idea, to bring him back in a way he never had much success with. Excellent scenario though guys, if they insist on him remaining a face, have him feud with some of the mid-carder heels, Santino, Umaga, Kennedy and I'd personally not even put IC gold on him until after WM, AND I would wait until he makes the transition to heel, because tbh I think he is a lame face, but as a heel, he can climb the ladder to gold much faster.

Reinvented

Reaction score
WWE brought Jericho back thinking he would be a Main Event face but they now sign a IC contender sad plain sad.

Hell no Jasmine I bet if The Rock came back to the WWE right now he would get that main event reaction that Jericho can't seem to get. When Y2J becomes IC champ I will lose all hope for him....

Jeff Hardy vs Jericho is good for Hardy but bad for Jericho.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
He may get the pop, which makes no sense to me, because he is just as out of shape as Jericho seems to be and would do no better in the ring. Plus he has been in the spotlight since he left, so people still know who he is. And by the way, I never said he wouldn't, so what are you talking about?

Soulpower

Another reason why his pop might not sound as big as it should is this... His entrance is long before he even comes out.

They show the Save_us thing, then there's a 10 second countdown (Up from 5 seconds in the past) and by the time he actually comes out, the crowd is already tired of cheering.