How I Met Your Mother Discussion (SPOILERS)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Season nine spoiler ahead . . .

How I Met Your Mother‘s signature quintet is swelling into a sextet.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Cristin Milioti, who was unmasked as the titular mom in this week’s season finale, will take the title of series regular during the comedy’s upcoming ninth and final season.

This marks the first time HIMYM will have expanded its core group of regulars beyond stars Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan, Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders and Jason Segel.

Series cocreator Carter Bays previously revealed that as HIMYM unspools its ninth and final season, viewers will become “much better” acquainted with Milioti’s bass-playing cutie as the show tells “the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever.”

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler later confirmed to TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact,span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character,beforeTed, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”

. . . So, turns out I was wrong, Bays & Thomas are Blue.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
:dafuq: :dafuq: :dafuq:

How the hell are they going to be spanding a week in around 20 episodes?! Wtf... I mentioned that fact earlier in this thread that they couldn't possibly do that. Sometimes in HIMYM they skip months. Now they're going to show every hour until the meeting or some shit? :dafuq: God damn...

I really hope your news source is unreliable. :okay:

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that the final season of HIMYM is much better than The Office US'.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
I know people are discussing Ted finally meeting the mother, but I've noticed not very much discussion about Lily and Marshall's potential dilemma.

Where does everyone think the situation will go?

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I know people are discussing Ted finally meeting the mother, but I've noticed not very much discussion about Lily and Marshall's potential dilemma.

Where does everyone think the situation will go?
1:57

Well... the whole interview kinda answers your question a little bit in regards to Lilly and Marshall.

And I'm just hoping the WHOLE season doesn't revolve around the new few days into the story, because timeline wise, Barney and Robin's wedding is about a week, maybe even less than that. That would be horrible, imo. I'm HOPING that the gang gets to at least interact with the mother and get into ridiculous situations with her as well. I'm just thinking about how the hell Ted is going to surpass Barney's proposal because that shit was mindfucking, lmao.

But then again the show is called How I MET Your Mother, not "How I Married Your Mother", so that worries me a bit. :downer:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
:dafuq: :dafuq: :dafuq:
How the hell are they going to be spanding a week in around 20 episodes?! Wtf... I mentioned that fact earlier in this thread that they couldn't possibly do that. Sometimes in HIMYM they skip months. Now they're going to show every hour until the meeting or some shit? :dafuq: God damn...

I really hope your news source is unreliable. :okay:
hey asshole you spoiled it for me. Spoil your first line.

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
Robin is not the mother thats for certain. Otherwise he wouldnt call her Aunt Robin throughout all the narration.

-Calls her Aunt Robin
-Mentions the mother was that lesbian chick's roommate
-Says he met the mother at Robin and Barney's wedding

And yet people still thought Robin or freaking Victoria was the goddamn mother, and were upset and pissed off when it was revealed otherwise :facepalm1:

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
-Calls her Aunt Robin
-Mentions the mother was that lesbian chick's roommate
-Says he met the mother at Robin and Barney's wedding

And yet people still thought Robin or freaking Victoria was the goddamn mother, and were upset and pissed off when it was revealed otherwise :facepalm1:
:dafuq:

Seriously? I've never seen people react to the mother not being Robin. Then again ,I don't really go on many sites, lol. It's obvious now that it's not Robin. At first, I admit, I thought it was too despite all the obvious evidence because usually sitcoms have the couple/crush at the beginning of the series be to the couple at the end, but I've realized that this isn't the case with this show. Robin is an obstacle for Ted in this case. He's going to have to learn to get completely and utterly over her before he can actually be with anyone else.

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
:dafuq:

Seriously? I've never seen people react to the mother not being Robin. Then again ,I don't really go on many sites, lol. It's obvious now that it's not Robin. At first, I admit, I thought it was too despite all the obvious evidence because usually sitcoms have the couple/crush at the beginning of the series be to the couple at the end, but I've realized that this isn't the case with this show. Robin is an obstacle for Ted in this case. He's going to have to learn to get completely and utterly over her before he can actually be with anyone else.

I actually read a similar youtube comment saying Robin getting married is the last stop in Ted's miserable relationship failures, Robin is the reason he hasn't been able to settle down and with her marrying one of his two best bros it's like he's finally been unleashed from the chain that's been holding him back, that sums it up perfectly if you ask me.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm watching and the whole time thinking 'do Lily and Robin hate each other?' because it sure seems that way.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm watching and the whole time thinking 'do Lily and Robin hate each other?' because it sure seems that way.

No they don't ,Lily wants to shag Robin :ksi:.