How I Met Your Mother Discussion (SPOILERS)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
On a side note : i don't really agree with the actress they chose for the role she's just :meh:
6e4704c153c0384417131613cf3ac508.jpg

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
93f5Lpx.jpg
We FINALLY meet the mother! Cristin Milioti from 30 Rock!​

So... who saw today's/most recent episode? How do you feel about it?

Do you think season 9 will try and drag on the meeting between Ted and the mother for the whole season or will we actually get to see some afterward interaction between Ted and the mother and how exactly they got together? I was worried for awhile that we would just see Ted meeting the mother at the wedding and that'll be it for the whole show considering the name of the show is "How I MET your mother" not "How Your Mother and I Got Together", but since there's a whole season coming, I really, really doubt they would drag like a week in the show in 20 or so episodes. It's quite obvious that Ted will be conflicted between and mother and (once again) Robin and that'll probably be the whole season. It'll probably be the last season as well.

It was okay. It's good to finally see the mother, and the ending was brilliantly done but I both saw it coming from miles away (I knew we'd be seeing the mother at the end of season eight before the season even began) and more importantly as good as that was it doesn't change the fact that the whole episode was pretty much void of any laughs. Obviously we'll be seeing Ted and the mother interact in the next season (unless Bays & Thomas are Blue, and they're not). Hopefully I like her more than Victoria (before the series decided to ruin her).

I really expect a twist in the last season TBH ,like Lady said i don't see the whole season being focused around Ted and the mother's relationship .i believe something is gonna happen during the wedding that will change the direction of the story.
Maybe she's not even the mother after all :notsure:

She's the mother. Any twist in the story is going to be something involving the other main cast, most likely Robin/Barney.

What I've been thinking is that even though Ted's already with his wife and had his two children, he'll go back to Robin in the end. I really don't want it to be true, but with every episode it just starts to lean that way, especially the most previous ones. However, I recently saw a picture that consisted of pictures of all of Ted's past girlfriends and it made me think that all of them ended because of Robin and now I'm thinking that this new chick, this mother, would finally be the one to turn Ted away from Robin and really make an impact. That's just me speculatin', though. :hmm:

Don't worry, he's not ending up with Robin. There's literally zero chance of that happening.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
It was okay. It's good to finally see the mother, and the ending was brilliantly done but I both saw it coming from miles away (I knew we'd be seeing the mother at the end of season eight before the season even began) and more importantly as good as that was it doesn't change the fact that the whole episode was pretty much void of any laughs. Obviously we'll be seeing Ted and the mother interact in the next season (unless Bays & Thomas are Blue, and they're not). Hopefully I like her more than Victoria (before the series decided to ruin her).

Don't worry, he's not ending up with Robin. There's literally zero chance of that happening.

Yeah, it was quite obvious. I just hope the way things end up in season nine aren't as predictable, like say the way Barney proposed to Robin. I have no idea how Ted is going to top the way Barney proposed because it was just so mindfucking, lmao.

And yeah, I hope you're right, but I can't shake the little possibility of it. Most shows have the couple in the very beginning also be the couple in the end.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And yeah, I hope you're right, but I can't shake the little possibility of it. Most shows have the couple in the very beginning also be the couple in the end.

Hello Ross and Rachel.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Robin is not the mother thats for certain. Otherwise he wouldnt call her Aunt Robin throughout all the narration.

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Robin is not the mother thats for certain. Otherwise he wouldnt call her Aunt Robin throughout all the narration.
Lol, of course. There's plenty and plenty of evidence that Robin is not the proven mother. My point was that I was afraid that after Ted had married the mother and had the kids that he would still go back to her. Like, after Ted finishes telling his kids about how he met the mother, there was still that possibility that he would go back to her. It was a theory that I was worried about for awhile. That and most shows have the beginning couple also be the ending couple.

However, the other day I was looking at a picture that consisted of multiple pictures of Ted's ex-girlfriends and I got to thinking... Robin was the reason that pretty much all of his past relationships did not work out. He still loved Robin. The better ending would that this chick would be the one to make Ted finally kick his habit of letting Robin ruin his relationships.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Ah right I get you. Christ that would really kill the series ending.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. The mother is whoever but Robin is his gf. Eeew.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Multi-quoting on multiple pages is such a minor nuisance.

Yeah, it was quite obvious. I just hope the way things end up in season nine aren't as predictable, like say the way Barney proposed to Robin. I have no idea how Ted is going to top the way Barney proposed because it was just so mindfucking, lmao.

It's Ted, I'm sure he'll find someway to top that proposal (which was awesome, and this is coming from someone who's against Barney & Robin as a couple).

If you need any further proof, re-watch the ending scene of The Time Travelers (probably the best episode of the eighth season). Where Ted goes to The Mother's apartment and talks about how he doesn't want to wait the 45 days to meet her because he wants to spend as much time with her as possible. The may bring some credence to the Mother is dead theory (which is BS, but much like the Ash is in a coma theory about Pokémon; it's still interesting to think about) but kills that worry because no way he'd say that about the girl he left for someone else.

Also some bonus trivia that also discredits that theory (but mostly I'm saying this because I'm not able to stop myself) Ted, Marshall, & Lily are all based of real life people. Ted & Marshall are based off show-runners/creators Carter Bays & Craig Thomas respectively. Lily being based off Craig Thomas's wife (side-note, his wife claimed that the only way she'd be fine with having a character based off her would be if they got Alyson Hannigan to portray her), thus it's logical to assume the mother/Ted's wife would be based off Carter Bays wife which we know Robin is not.

As for most shows doing that, as a side-note, I hate almost every will-they-won't-they relationship but the Bays & Thomas has addressed this several times in interviews. One of the things they said about why Robin wouldn't be, remains in the same vein of how they like to keep the series mostly true to life (like the season two premiere Where Were We?, were at the end Marshall says he's going to stop being so depressed over Lily, only to be back to being miserable the next day because life doesn't work that way), and thats "You don't just declare you're going to find the love of your life and then immediately do." Okay, enough pointless trivia.

Hello Ross and Rachel.

One of the best examples of why I disliked most will-they-won't-they relationship. Probably the second worst will-they-won't-they relationships I ever seen, I'd say the worst goes to JD & Elliot. Mostly because I like Scrubs a hell of alot more than I like Friends (which is mediocre) and because they really want to great lengths at first to show why those two don't work together. My Bed, Banter, & Beyond did a great job with that, and so did the following episodes dealing with them as a couple. Their sexual relationship shouldn't all but ended with the conclusion of season three.

Lol, of course. There's plenty and plenty of evidence that Robin is not the proven mother. My point was that I was afraid that after Ted had married the mother and had the kids that he would still go back to her. Like, after Ted finishes telling his kids about how he met the mother, there was still that possibility that he would go back to her. It was a theory that I was worried about for awhile. That and most shows have the beginning couple also be the ending couple.

However, the other day I was looking at a picture that consisted of multiple pictures of Ted's ex-girlfriends and I got to thinking... Robin was the reason that pretty much all of his past relationships did not work out. He still loved Robin. The better ending would that this chick would be the one to make Ted finally kick his habit of letting Robin ruin his relationships.

Yep, the latter paragraph has been what they've been setting up since Victoria's reemergence early in season seven (which I admittedly marked the hell out of despite the fact that I called it earlier in the day; unfortunately they eventually ruined her character). Although arguably it's been longer than just the past two seasons but didn't really rise to prominence until then.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
I heard there were talks that Jason Segel did not want want to be in the next season, that he feels he is done with HIMYM
If that happens the season won't have sense... It's like if they reveal that NPH (Barney) is gay (in real life he is gay, not joking for those ones who didn't know it)

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Multi-quoting on multiple pages is such a minor nuisance.

It's Ted, I'm sure he'll find someway to top that proposal (which was awesome, and this is coming from someone who's against Barney & Robin as a couple).

If you need any further proof, re-watch the ending scene of The Time Travelers (probably the best episode of the eighth season). Where Ted goes to The Mother's apartment and talks about how he doesn't want to wait the 45 days to meet her because he wants to spend as much time with her as possible. The may bring some credence to the Mother is dead theory (which is BS, but much like the Ash is in a coma theory about Pokémon; it's still interesting to think about) but kills that worry because no way he'd say that about the girl he left for someone else.

All hail Mustafar for his godly essay-esque input. :yes:

Lol, but seriously, I do agree with you though. Especially when you pointed out The Time Traveler's point. However, I did say that it was after Ted was done telling his kids the story. So, as he's telling the kids the story, there was still that unplanned possibility after. That was my old theory though. I doubt that it would happen.

And wow, I didn't know the characters were all based off real people. That's really cool. :smug-47:

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
If that happens the season won't have sense... It's like if they reveal that NPH (Barney) is gay (in real life he is gay, not joking for those ones who didn't know it)

Lmao, everyone knows it, dude. He has pictures of his husband and his kids and he's done multiple PSA's about homosexuality. Also, he directed a musical called Rent where Vanessa Hudgens, Wayne Brady and a Pussycat Doll member were all in.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Lmao, everyone knows it, dude. He has pictures of his husband and his kids and he's done multiple PSA's about homosexuality. Also, he directed a musical called Rent where Vanessa Hudgens, Wayne Brady and a Pussycat Doll member were all in.
I know he did those things, he also said he was in 2006 but some people may not have seen that or they have no interest on him and didn't search for it online or anything...