How far can Ryback go? *RAW Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
RAW_1037_Photo_168.jpg

Last night at WM29 Ryback surprisingly lost his match against Mark Henry. It was an odd finish though and has been heavily speculated that when Henry fell on Ryback's head after the failed Shell Shocked attempt that Ryback was KOed and they called an audible and finished the match then. Post match after the trainers looked at him and saw that he was fine he then hit the Shell Shocked on Henry to get something back after that loss. Tonight on RAW he didn't appear until after the mainevent in which Cena beat Henry by countout. Post match Henry took out Cena and was standing tall over Cena before Ryback ran out and hit him with a clothesline and a spinebuster. Ryback then helped Cena up before reassuring him that everything was good between them. Then the fun began with Ryback hitting a clothesline and then Shell Shocked on the WWE champion. The last image of the show was Ryback standing tall over Cena with the WWE title belt in hand as the crowd, loudly, chanted "Feed me more".

It was a great way to end RAW and now the question is how far will Ryback go? He didn't quite turn heel during that segment, it was more about making a statement against the WWE champion. Since his incredible rise into the mainevent which began at Hell In a Cell last year where he faced Punk for the WWE title and where The Shield cost him the title he hasn't actually had the best run on PPV. In fact he hasn't actually won a PPV match since that rise, his last PPV win was at MITB in July of last year when he beat Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. It is interesting that he has managed to stay over this entire time without winning a big match and now suddenly he has put himself in the WWE title scene.

Ryback definitely gets a good reaction from the crowd and is over as a face but this is a whole new level for him if WWE do indeed go ahead with Cena vs. Ryback.

Do you think that he is ready for this feud against Cena? Do you think that he can become WWE champion? How do you think he would go as the top guy on the brand?

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
It seems stupid for him to have lost to Mark Henry. As much as I was glad to see that Henry won if WWE were going to put Ryback in the mix next up he should have beat Mark at Mania, he already lost a lot of momentum with all the CM punk matches as it is. Or they could have had Mark challenge Cena for the next month, build Ryback up and have him turn on Cena afterwards.

Of course the question remains; is Ryback a heel now or a super over face? Cena's getting more hate than he ever has been lately, hard to call him a face when he gets alot more boo's than cheers thesedays.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He is not ready for me, no I see a 1980s style power match between him and Cena.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Fact of the matter is, none of us will know if he's ready or not until we see what he can do with it.

I do think it's a bit silly that he lost to Mark Henry at Mania though. Audible or not, that was a bad way to go before challenging for the title. I can see the direction WWE might have planned to go if Ryback had actually won that match and I would have been all for it, but it seems like WWE just wants us all to completely ignore the fact Ryback hasn't really beat anyone that matters.

And I'm actually surprised they didn't start slow with him, maybe have him knock of Barrett or Cesaro for a small title before throwing him head-on into the WWE Championship mix. I mean, hell... he might actually have brought some credibility to one of those titles. Call me crazy.

But what the hell. We haven't seen it yet, so why not? Hard to tell even Ryback is even over enough to challenge for the WWE Championship and you can't really go off what we saw from that crowd at Raw last night because those fuckers were cheering for everything from ECW to dead guys, so we'll have to wait and see.

HB_Punk

Reaction score
But what the hell. We haven't seen it yet, so why not? Hard to tell even Ryback is even over enough to challenge for the WWE Championship and you can't really go off what we saw from that crowd at Raw last night because those fuckers were cheering for everything from ECW to dead guys, so we'll have to wait and see.

You're welcome......

we made that Raw actually fun to watch and made up for that cluster fuck that was Wrestlemania.

Reactions: 1 person

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
You're welcome......

we made that Raw actually fun to watch and made up for that cluster fuck that was Wrestlemania.

hey man, was there a specific group that was starting up the chants and everyone just followed suit or what?? that crowd had the feel of a mix between a great European crowd and an ECW Arena crowd.....

HB_Punk

Reaction score
hey man, was there a specific group that was starting up the chants and everyone just followed suit or what?? that crowd had the feel of a mix between a great European crowd and an ECW Arena crowd.....

They were from all over, but a lot of them came from the left side of the ring (section 5). Just a very pro heel crowd, I didn't notice much European influence, all the Brits I met at Mania and the HOF flew out Monday morning.

Vinny Mc said it best and he "had no problem with the fan reaction on Monday's Raw episode." It was understood at Raw that the post-WrestleMania show is comprised of die hard fans, many of whom travel from around the world to be in town that weekend.

[video=youtube_share;aFAOMEg2Br0]http://youtu.be/aFAOMEg2Br0[/video]

There is alot missing from that video, the chants went from start till way after the event. There are videos of people still doing the Fandango theme on trains.

Last edited:

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Huh.....There was a We Want Pretzels chant during the Swagger/Del Rio match. Just caught that.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think he could become the top dog with ease, but I just don't think the WWE will allow it to happen. I think he will suffer from the case that Legion addressed in his column where Ryback won't truly be allowed to prosper while they see Cena as their #1. They will allow him to succeed to a certain level, but there will always be that feeling of Cena standing on top of him not giving them the full chance to sink or swim, much like the Punk situation.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't think he's ready for a top spot yet, but what does 'ready' even mean in wrestling?

Guys get world titles thrown at them prematurely all the time, would strapping Ryback be any worse than some of the midcarders they've had as champ in previous years? I'd say no, but I very much doubt he gets it anyway.

Ryback losing at Mania I wouldn't worry about, it's not hard to make a guy of his physique look dominant instantly. Let him toss 'a name' like Jericho or Rey around and people are believers again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well Ryback has had WWE title shots before and the crowd accepted him in that role so I think that he will be fine facing Cena for the title if it happens. This time of year is the time to try some new things in the mainevent so I wouldn't be surprised if Ryback did win the WWE title within the next two months. Whilst there are a few B PPVs in a row test him as champion because it doesn't matter as much if he fails since there is less to lose.

I think that he is over enough to be champion, not going to wrestle 30 minute classics every night and he will be a much different champion to what we have seen recently. More in the vein of Batista when he first became champion, power matches and he will need some experienced workers working opposite him to help him out. I want to see how he is received next week on RAW, whether he is still a face just trying to make a statement or if he will be considered a heel for turning on Cena.

I agree that it would be good if he could pick up a win over a big name before that title shot since he hasn't really had any so far in his career.