How far can Roman Reigns get on his own currently?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Definitely not going to argue they've handled him tremendously. Of all the shitty handling of wrestlers over the last few years the way they handle Reigns and The Shield in general is great. He's a great "secret weapon" utility for The Shield, plays the role well. But I still have to wonder if they've chosen to use him that way for character reasons or because of his skill level, him only having one singles match makes me wonder more. Especially when Ambrose and Rollins have had mass amounts of singles matches.

Maybe it's a "less is more" type of thing, if that makes any sense. They just don't want to overexposure him too much while he's still in the group because that way he'll still seem relatively fresh when he breaks out on his own into singles competition.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler
Reaction score
If it were a decade earlier and this was 2004/2005 instead of 2013, you'd be asking the same question about Batista. Instead of The Shield's eventual breakup, it'd be Evolution's, and you'd be wondering how far someone like Batista could go on his own without guys like Triple H, Ric Flair and even Randy Orton there to speak for him any longer. But I'd have to say he did pretty well for himself. He became the biggest star other than Cena that the company has seen since the Attitude Era, and now we're already at the point where we're mostly excited at the prospect of him returning for a short stint at Wrestlemania this year.

Roman Reigns can go just as far, arguably further considering he's getting the proverbial rocket strapped to his back at a younger age than Batista did, and will thus have more longevity on his side.

As for his mic skills, that won't hurt him really at all since he has other tangible qualities to make up for it, like immense strength, look, presence, charisma. There's been guys before who became big stars despite not being the strongest on the mic - Jeff Hardy, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, Batista, Goldberg... Plus, he doesn't really seem that bad to me and there's always time for improvement.

Brock lesnar was hardly a big star. Just because WWE handed him everything doesn't make him a big anything. The only people that think he was ever a big deal are the pea-brained idiots that WWE is catering to right now.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Brock lesnar was hardly a big star. Just because WWE handed him everything doesn't make him a big anything. The only people that think he was ever a big deal are the pea-brained idiots that WWE is catering to right now.
kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

Reactions: Shadie T
Reaction score
Har har pls explan to me. I dun no hw 2 talk pls.
It's real simple. brock lesnar sucks. he never deserved the championship because he never earned the championship. 4 months with the company and then he gets booked to go over WWE's top guys is what I call B-U-L-L-F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G-C-R-A-P and L-A-Z-Y-A-S-S B-O-O-K-I-N-G AT IT'S WORST! That is not the way to make a world champ and nobody can tell me different!!!

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It's real simple. brock lesnar sucks. he never deserved the championship because he never earned the championship. 4 months with the company and then he gets booked to go over WWE's top guys is what I call B-U-L-L-F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G-C-R-A-P and L-A-Z-Y-A-S-S B-O-O-K-I-N-G AT IT'S WORST! That is not the way to make a world champ and nobody can tell me different!!!
S-so he doesn't draw then? :sad:

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It amuses me how you carry on about his shortcomings, without having seen his entire career before this character. Educate yourself a bit.
I'll have to do that, as I honestly assume the spear cannot be his finisher for more than another year, year and a half max. He is a huge dude, i would mark for the stalling suplex over the spear, honestly. I will give credit, when he hits that spear, it looks painful, unlike quite a few others who have used it in the past.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Or it's seizing the moment you have a performer with Brock's look and presence in a time where the star power was slimming (Hogan was getting old, Rock was going to Hollywood more and more, Austin was having issues, Angle & Jericho had never been huge stars, Hunter was dominating on Raw) you can't sit on that kind of opportunity for too long or it goes bad.

Reactions: JC4Life37

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Guys....I think.....Wade might hate Brock Lesnar.

Reactions: JC4Life37