How do YOU feel about Bret Hart?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^Serious? ...Look at WWF pre-Bret's singles career and then compare the workrate to a mere few years later. He (and HBK) were extremely influential to the modern era.

Maybe he doesn't translate so well to some fans these days, but Bret was, once-upon-a-time, THE SHIT.

Bret v Perfect
Bret v Piper
Bret v Owen
Bret v BamBam... Some of the best matches of the era.

-This part is not confirmed, but it's widely speculated it was partly his idea to do the "screw job" after Bret refused to job.

I thought HHH had actually come out and said it was in fact HIM that suggested the idea of a screwjob to Vince.

Kizza

I just don't like his character or his matches. I find him to me tremendously overhyped compared to what I actually saw in his matches.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i tink your more of a modern fan, old school fans like seeing a good wrestling match which was what bret hart was all about, not like today where its more gimmick and entertaining...bret hart rules

Corndog

Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of being a "old school fan" or a new school fan. If you just galnce at a wrestlers match you won't think he's "that great" Try to know his character a bit better. If you just saw Undertaker just wrestle without his entrance it would be like...uh....so.

Hollywood.

Reaction score
Hart is one if not the best technical wrestlers ever in wrestling, but he needs to stop acting like a bitch and just get over something that happened 10 years ago.

straight_edge76

Bret Hart is my all time favorite. I honestly think that he is the best technical wrestler ever. He led the way along with HBK(somebody no self respecting Hitman fan will EVER cheer) in the post sterioid era. He had some of the best matches/feuds of the mid-90's his matches with Nash in 94-95 were imo 5* and imo carried the WWF from 1994-1997.

Kizza

i tink your more of a modern fan, old school fans like seeing a good wrestling match which was what bret hart was all about, not like today where its more gimmick and entertaining...bret hart rules

I love nothing more than to see a great wrestling match where both guys give it there all. There's just something I really don't like about Bret Hart. He just never lived up to the hype in my eyes.