How Brock is Going to be Beaten

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I was thinking... Rusev and Brock are too similar to put on a good match. I would actually love to see a smaller wrestler beat him but I doubt they would do that.
Quite the task to find someone who isn't smaller than him. I'd be marking out for days if Sami Zayn got the clean win on "The Beast".

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If I could pick anyone, I think I would go with Shinsuke Nakamura. Now that is a personal preference. His character and style are just something I could really see going up against Lesnar.

Now, other than that, I think the most logical way to go is to revisit the Roman Reigns scenario that we were talking about in 2014 and 2015. I was a huge critic of this scenario when it was playing out. I loved their match and I think I would have loved it even if Reigns had won.

Of course, ever since, I've been one of the biggest critics of the way Roman Reigns has been pushed. However, I think they're finally doing it right. I actually found myself cheering for him against Rusev when he came out and put the beat down on him. And what they did with Lesnar was more than just have him beat Orton down... he beat Orton so badly... Randy Orton, one of the strongest characters of the past decade. I don't even like Orton and I can recognize the significance of that.

Roman Reigns is really, in my view, the most logical person to put up against him. Even watching their Wrestlemania match, Lesnar's beat down of Reigns was pretty severe and all Reigns did was laugh it off over and over. He hit Reigns with four F-5s and didn't beat him. It would make sense.

Other options don't really make the most of this situation. Bringing in Goldberg would be a waste. I mean, the man hasn't wrestled in 13 years, is 49 years old and if he did come back, it would likely be a one time match. So if he beats Lesnar, all of this Lesnar build up just goes to waste.

The Rock would be fun but also has its problems. With how rough Lesnar fights, I doubt the producers of whatever movie he will be working on would want him in a match with Lesnar. It would get the Rock his victory over Lesnar, but all that Lesnar build up would be wasted on someone who has wrestled only a handful of matches in the past decade and is unlikely to wrestle many more.

Kevin Owens would be believable and I would enjoy the match, but I would assume this match would only work with Owens as a face and I don't want him to turn face. I was never a fan of his face runs anywhere. He is such a natural heel.

Kurt Angle would die during a match with Brock, so stay away from that.

But yeah, my personal preference would by Nakamura. I think he has the style to be the guy to do it. But Reigns is probably the smartest way to go.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That'd be the right way to go. I couldn't agree more.

The problem is that I don't see Goldberg coming back to simply lose though. He doesn't really care for the WWE enough to come back to help the eventual person who beats Lesnar.

I mean, Heyman brags a lot about the people who Lesnar is undefeated against. To my knowledge, the only major name who is undefeated against Lesnar is Bill Goldberg. I couldn't in any way imagine he'll come back to lose to Lesnar.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The problem is that I don't see Goldberg coming back to simply lose though. He doesn't really care for the WWE enough to come back to help the eventual person who beats Lesnar.

I mean, Heyman brags a lot about the people who Lesnar is undefeated against. To my knowledge, the only major name who is undefeated against Lesnar is Bill Goldberg. I couldn't in any way imagine he'll come back to lose to Lesnar.

Sure, they wouldn't be bringing him back simply to lose, but I don't care about seeing Goldberg return to WWE.

But, if he were to return, then I do hope Lesnar beats him the same way he beat Cena and Orton. Fuck that guy. :brock4:

Anyways... A part-timer defeating Lesnar would be bad. It has to be someone from the roster, obviously. Whether it's Reigns, Nakamura, Cesaro, KO, it'll be fine by me.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't care about seeing Goldberg return to WWE.

But, if he were to return, then I do hope Lesnar beats him the same way he beat Cena and Orton. Fuck that guy. :brock4:

Anyways... A part-timer defeating Lesnar would be bad. It has to be someone from the roster, obviously. Whether it's Reigns, Nakamura, Cesaro, KO, it'll be fine by me.

I don't care either. I just don't think there is any way Goldberg would ever agree to any of that.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Brock is going to be defeated by the one thing that can beat him clean since he returned...

Roll the footage sir.

[HASHTAG]#LesnarFearsStairs[/HASHTAG]

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I've already expressed an opinion a couple of times around this interesting topic in some older posts and for the sake of conversation, here's a copy/paste from my Summerslam predictions/thoughts thread in regards to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton which is actually very related to this discussion:

"... Either way, Orton is one of the top stars in the business so winning wouldn’t really make that much of a difference, nor would it hurt if him if he loses, so long as he is made to look strong, which I have no doubt they will do. On the other hand, I firmly believe that keeping Lesnar’s undefeated streak intact is all that more precious because this is a moment that should be saved for someone else that will need it more. Defeating Brock Lesnar would undoubtedly be a massive rub and boost for whomever accomplishes it and, at this point, I would even dare compare it to the Undertaker relinquishing his undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Yes, I do feel it’s that big of a deal so on that note, again, I would save this moment for someone that will benefit the most out of it. Cesaro? Perhaps a Samoe Joe when he gets called up? You get my point…"

I think the paragraph above really sums it up. It is very important to understand - and I cannot stretch this enough - that pinning Brock Lesnar clean will be huge, for when the time comes and for whomever has the honors so, once more, you have to think about who will benefit from this. Orton didn't need this rub, Goldberg certainly doesn't need this rub and no old timer in general needs it. This is a moment that will establish a future star and I've personally pitched the idea of Cesaro going back at least three months.

They do call him the Swiss Supermam and we all are aware of his skills in the ring as well as the massive power he's displayed, having seen some tremendous spots from time to time. At the moment, with Cesaro pretty much doing nothing, in my view he'd be the perfect candidate.

Roman Reigns? Yeah, ok, I'm sure Vince will be jerking off to the idea and I obviously can't deny him being a solid candidate but I'm not really sure how the crowd would react to it.

Once again, I feel that at this point and time, Cesaro or Samoe Joe are the two best candidates, if indeed Wrestlemania in Orlando will be the place and time...

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't care either. I just don't think there is any way Goldberg would ever agree to any of that.

Spot on...For one, he wants a shit load of money and then he obviously wants to win; he ain't putting anyone over...

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
If Goldberg cam back It would be for a 1 night only thing or a 1 year contract, lose to Lesnar and get inducted into the Hall of Fame type thing.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I've already expressed an opinion a couple of times around this interesting topic in some older posts and for the sake of conversation, here's a copy/paste from my Summerslam predictions/thoughts thread in regards to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton which is actually very related to this discussion:

"... Either way, Orton is one of the top stars in the business so winning wouldn’t really make that much of a difference, nor would it hurt if him if he loses, so long as he is made to look strong, which I have no doubt they will do. On the other hand, I firmly believe that keeping Lesnar’s undefeated streak intact is all that more precious because this is a moment that should be saved for someone else that will need it more. Defeating Brock Lesnar would undoubtedly be a massive rub and boost for whomever accomplishes it and, at this point, I would even dare compare it to the Undertaker relinquishing his undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Yes, I do feel it’s that big of a deal so on that note, again, I would save this moment for someone that will benefit the most out of it. Cesaro? Perhaps a Samoe Joe when he gets called up? You get my point…"

I think the paragraph above really sums it up. It is very important to understand - and I cannot stretch this enough - that pinning Brock Lesnar clean will be huge, for when the time comes and for whomever has the honors so, once more, you have to think about who will benefit from this. Orton didn't need this rub, Goldberg certainly doesn't need this rub and no old timer in general needs it. This is a moment that will establish a future star and I've personally pitched the idea of Cesaro going back at least three months.

They do call him the Swiss Supermam and we all are aware of his skills in the ring as well as the massive power he's displayed, having seen some tremendous spots from time to time. At the moment, with Cesaro pretty much doing nothing, in my view he'd be the perfect candidate.

Roman Reigns? Yeah, ok, I'm sure Vince will be jerking off to the idea and I obviously can't deny him being a solid candidate but I'm not really sure how the crowd would react to it.

Once again, I feel that at this point and time, Cesaro or Samoe Joe are the two best candidates, if indeed Wrestlemania in Orlando will be the place and time...

Basically this. The only older wrestler I could see them using to beat him would be a Taker/ Kane retirement match.

I think they are building up to a Wrestlmania III type moment.

Reaction score
Spot on...For one, he wants a shit load of money and then he obviously wants to win; he ain't putting anyone over...
I don't know if he really cares about winning. I can't read his mind but it's not like winning a match is going to do anything for him when it's one night and he re-retires.

Not Awesomenrh

The Artiste
Reaction score
He's losing to someone who's SEVEN FOOT TALL (and you can't teach that). Or Roman, I'd be happy with either.