How Brock is Going to be Beaten

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they are going to give a victory over Brock to just anyone. It is either going to be the next top face or next top heel. They wanted Roman to be the face of the company. Cena is slowly stepping back but they have yet to really establish the next "IT" wrestler. This is the way to do that, using Brock. What Brock did with Randy shows they want him to look like a monster so when he does lose, the person who beats him will look inhuman.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Roman beating him would probably lead to the same reaction he got at the Royal Rumble win though, i reckon WWE is weary of that.

Seth Rollin

Jobber
Reaction score
I do kinda get the sense that Brock went overboard during that match with Orton, not with malicious intent though. Maybe it was WWE Network payback for Randy spiking him on his head with that DDT. Brock knew he'd get the last laugh and tried to stiff him, but accidentally caught Randy with the edge of his elbow and added more color than what they intended. It happens sometimes and actually winds up adding to the mystique inadvertently.

Wrestlers taking liberties with others isn't anything new. Remember The Rock vs. Mankind from Royal Rumble '99? Most of those chairshots from The Rock to Foley were planned, and Mick got legit pissed and charged at Rock. But even Foley later admitted that those extra hits he took that night added to the drama, brutality, and sympathy they were trying to garner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I do kinda get the sense that Brock went overboard during that match with Orton, not with malicious intent though. Maybe it was WWE Network payback for Randy spiking him on his head with that DDT. Brock knew he'd get the last laugh and tried to stiff him, but accidentally caught Randy with the edge of his elbow and added more color than what they intended. It happens sometimes and actually winds up adding to the mystique inadvertently.

Wrestlers taking liberties with others isn't anything new. Remember The Rock vs. Mankind from Royal Rumble '99? Most of those chairshots from The Rock to Foley were planned, and Mick got legit pissed and charged at Rock. But even Foley later admitted that those extra hits he took that night added to the drama, brutality, and sympathy they were trying to garner.

Orton was apparently in on it it just went down a bit rougher than planned. The ref was not in on it so he stopped the match.