How Brock is Going to be Beaten

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
As the title says. They are building Brock into a monster heel. He ended the streak, beat Cena, made Ambrose and Orton look like chumps. There is one reason to do this and it is to have him beaten by a "hero". And I think they are going to have to do it soon due to his UFC drug cheat thing, suplex city is gonna get old fast (its boring TBH), and its a "new era" but they need some sort of defining moment.

IMHO this means wrestlemania so they have around 8 months to build up to it. The problem is who do they have that is viable to do it? They cn go two ways with this and that is basically get another walking sack of muscles (think Hogan/Luger picking up Andre/Yokozuna) or some plucky smaller wrestler with great technique/talent/heart beating him somehow (think HBK). I will have a look at the contenders.

1. An Attitude Era or other legend (Hogan, Rock, HHH, HBK). They could do this I suppose but it would not be hogan, why would Rock want to take the bumps from a roid raging, juicing, stiff wrestler, Austin has not done a match for over decade due to medical problems. Undertaker will likely retire soon.

2. Goldberg. This is a rumour floating around and the crowd at Summerslam were chanting his name. I would not be surprised if they wheel out Goldberg for a match. He is one of the few to beat him it a meh match. I don't think GB woill be the one to beat him though.

3. They need a new face of the company to carry the new era, They do not really have a Hogan/HBK/Bret/Austin/Cena equivalent. Who is viable in the current talent? Like it or not the best contender is Roman Reigns and a redemption angle with him beating Brock could do it. The crowd even cheers him on occasion.

4. A new contender. This could be difficult in the time they have left. The obvious one would be AJ Stiles defeating Brock. Brocks defeat would be a great way to put over an up and comer. A long shot would be a wrestler like Braun Strowman, while an even longer shot would be someone like Big Cass who seems to have future superstar written all over him.

So Wrestlmania XXXIII and the only viable contenders ATM would be Stiles and Reigns. They might use Reigns as a tweener or heel (see Rusevs cake thing) or a face turn by AJ Stiles. The latest they would do it I think is Wrestlemania XXXIV. WM XXXIV would give them an extra year to give someone new/green a push leading up to it. I am leaning towards the sooner date as they need a new great one for a new era.

I am kind of a golden age returnee fan to the wrestling world and do not anything against Reigns as I am neutral on him but he has more in ring talent than Brock who I find incredibly boring in ring. Andre had some charisma along with other heels like Ric Flair and they could actually wrestle as well. Brock suplex city, knee, F5 win he is even more boring than Hogan in his heyday as you knew exactly what he would do as he had a formula he virtually never deviated from.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
In Vince McMahon's mind there is only one option...

fWXxEfL.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
In Vince McMahon's mind there is only one option...

fWXxEfL.gif
Heh yeah. To be honest at least Reigns is more interestin in the ring than Brock. Better mic skills. Brock can't wrestle, cut a promo or do much of anything.

I would prefer Reigns to go over beating Brock or going heel tbh.

Reactions: Swift

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Who I would pick:
DQjeM.gif

Who WWE would probably pick:
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Doxo

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would pick KO. But that'll never ever happen

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Screw it... Just let the Miz beat him. Can you imagine how much people would lose it!? :dawg:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If it was me pulling the strings I'd go for Owens or Neville.

Owens beating him would be believable and they would have a good brute match but I am not sure they will do it... Or even build it the right way.

Reaction score
Owens beating him would be believable and they would have a good brute match but I am not sure they will do it... Or even build it the right way.
They both call themselves prize fighters so that could be a bullet point for the narrative. I say "call themselves" because I don't think anyone else refers to KO as such. Power and speed vs power, speed and agility.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
They both call themselves prize fighters so that could be a bullet point for the narrative. I say "call themselves" because I don't think anyone else refers to KO as such. Power and speed vs power, speed and agility.

That could work. I mean they will need a brute to take over when Brock is done for good but if they were going to go for a brute vs brute match, I can bet they'd pick Rusev over KO, which sucks. Kevin has amazing skills for someone his size/shape. Not to say Rusev doesn't but ya know.

Reaction score
That could work. I mean they will need a brute to take over when Brock is done for good but if they were going to go for a brute vs brute match, I can bet they'd pick Rusev over KO, which sucks. Kevin has amazing skills for someone his size/shape. Not to say Rusev doesn't but ya know.
Lesnar can/could fly. Rusev and Lesnar are quite similar which could be boring. Maybe have Brock botch the shooting star press again and slap on the accolade as Brock looses consciousness. Not the cleanest win ever so maybe not.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Lesnar can/could fly. Rusev and Lesnar are quite similar which could be boring. Maybe have Brock botch the shooting star press again and slap on the accolade as Brock looses consciousness. Not the cleanest win ever so maybe not.

Yeah that is what I was thinking... Rusev and Brock are too similar to put on a good match. I would actually love to see a smaller wrestler beat him but I doubt they would do that.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Someone sticks a brick in their pants.

Fantasy booking, Zayn gets a flash pin.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Eva Marie. Imagine the heat when she pins The Beast! :dawg:

Oh, and to hell with Goldberg.

• Haha
Reactions: alexb