How Bad Is...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jaybsty

Reaction score
yeah and someone said aj and his team of youngins would beat down angle and booker. what is your point?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

That five youngsters could beat down two people who are only just down their prime? That actually seems to make sense.

seX-Power

In 'real' sport situations veterans have continually showed they are winners more than young inexperienced up and comers. How bout i break it down for you like this aussie youngin. Who would win between a team of andrew johns vs. a team of brett finchs? Andrew Johns would shit on him 95% of the time.

I don't like your use of Brett Finch tbh. >_>

But I see no problem in AJ & co. beating down Booker/Angle, as long as it doesn't turn into a weekly burial or anything.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
It's still similar to wrestling. If you want to have discussions about wrestling i'm going to compare real sports in different situations.

Moonlight Drive

Similar (I actually thought it was a pretty sweet analogy) but Brett Finch vs Andrew Johns isn't quite apt imo, more Billy Slater vs Steve Menzies.

And TNA really does suck. :)

Bloodopera

Reaction score
after not watching for 2 years i watched one show and thats it... it was shit.. MEM is the new NWO and for some reason somebody thought it was a good idea to let me listen to Booker T do commentary the whole night...

needless to say... i had a shit night

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Some of you are Blue. Why the fuck would all these nobodies except AJ Styles do a beatdown on 4 established superstars who have been in the business for 10 or more years? It's like saying i wish Derick Rose, Michael Beasley, Marc Gasol and AJ Mayo would play against Kobe, Shaq, Jason Kidd and Tim Duncan and beat them by 50 points in a 4 on 4 street match of basketball.

smfhz.

I didn't think you could be a bigger blueberry but I was wrong. First of all, wrestling is a fucking WORK! So to compare a fake, yes fake, sports entertainment show to a legit sport is fucking stupid. And secondly, since you're obviously talking to me with the whole young people beating up veterans bullshit allow me to explain my reasoning. And I'll try to use small words so you can understand me.

From a storyline perspective AJ Styles and friends beating down the MEM and Jarrett and Foley would make perfect sense from a young person who is somewhat established grabbing the brass ring or breaking through the glass ceiling. I'm not saying AJ and Co should legit beat up veterans. I'm talking about from an angle or storyline perspective. In wrestling and in other organization veterans are supposed to groom younger stars to take the top spots (and by spots I don't mean a dog spot, nor do I mean a liver spot, I'm referring to a position within an hierarchy). In wrestling this is referred to as passing the torch. Harley Race did it with Ric Flair in 83. Andre the Giant did it with Hulk Hogan in 87. Shawn Michaels did it with Stone Cold in 98.

But sometimes established veterans don't want to give up the top spots (Like in WCW). So it becomes necessary for the younger guys to either A: Find work someplace else (see Jericho, the Big Show, and the Radicalz jumping ship to WWE) or B: Find a way to take the top spots over by force. With option B this would be like a young person going up to a veteran grabbing the torch (figuratively speaking, I wouldn't want you to think that veteran superstars walk around with torches all the fucking time) and saying "you've had your time in the spotlight, I'm taking this and I'm going to take it to levels you could only dream of".

In case you haven't noticed, and judging by your intelligence level you haven't the only people getting any exposure from the MEM angle are the MEM and Foley and Jarrett. Everybody else has been pushed to the backburner and not given the opportunity to shine like they used to. If I had just recently started watching TNA and someone told me that AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels had a match that was five stars and was OMGTheAweSOMENESSES111!!eleventyones I would look at them like they were fucking stupid. Also in real sports, veterans know when they are past their prime and not able to play at the level they did when they were in their 20s and they quietly retire and allow younger players to take the torch.

I sincerely hope you can understand that.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
lol @ you questioning my intelligence when you haven't even learnt how to use commars correctly. Since you want to pull the wrestling is a work card out let me put a different twist on the argument. 2 people go for a job interview. One person has 20 years experience. The other has 5 years experience. Will the person with 5 years experience get the job? hell no. The person with 20 years experience is a lot smaller risk of being a bust. Unless a sneak attack / weapon is involved or if the numbers don't weigh in favour. It just doesn't make sense for veterans to take a beat down from young punks.

PeepShow

Smarky Smark said:
lol @ you questioning my intelligence when you haven't even learnt how to use commars correctly.

LEARNT and COMMARS

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

lol @ you questioning my intelligence when you haven't even learnt how to use commars correctly. Since you want to pull the wrestling is a work card out let me put a different twist on the argument. 2 people go for a job interview. One person has 20 years experience. The other has 5 years experience. Will the person with 5 years experience get the job? hell no. The person with 20 years experience is a lot smaller risk of being a bust. Unless a sneak attack / weapon is involved or if the numbers don't weigh in favour. It just doesn't make sense for veterans to take a beat down from young punks.

You're only looking at half the story with the two people with different levels of experience. What if the person with 20 years experience has been fired alot or is a habitual job hopper? What if the person with five years experience has a really good interview but the person with twenty years experience has a bad interview?

And as far as it not making sense for veterans to get beat up by young stars remember this is wrestling. Not everything has to make sense. I think it makes less sense for five people, three of which are way past their prime and battling mounting injuries to completely bury, yes bury, talent that is in their prime and relatively injury free. Put it this way, who would get the spot on a team in the NBA, Patrick Ewing now at age 46 or Ben Wallace now at age 34? But like I said before not everything in wrestling makes sense. Don't believe me, watch any episode of WCW Nitro and Thunder from 2000 with a pinata on a pole match or David Arquette winning the world title.