Hot Rod shoots off on Linda

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because it's her past and they wanted people to know what she was apart of?

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Then why is it okay for her opponents to use her husband's company against her? If she isn't part of the company anymore it shouldn't be allowed.

That's American politics, man. It's a filthy business where people shit all over each other to capture stupid voters (which most voters are really, really stupid). I hate politics.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I generally stay away from political debates unless I'm trolling that shit or something. I just don't think it's right to use someone's past like that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I guess I'll have to be the guy who offers a new perspective instead of just going with the flow of what everyone else in the thread posts.

Piper does have a legitimate point. Compared to profits the McMahons keep for themselves, most of those wrestlers make shit. 6 figures doesn't last a lifetime either, especially today. I'm not saying WWE should throw every last penny they don't consume towards a noble cause, but even a modest pension towards talents with extensive tenors in WWE would be a good gesture. And I emphasize "extensive tenors", not every single talent like Giant Gonzales who had a brief run. But people like Piper should be taken care of.

Vince has every right in the world to do whatever he wants with his money. OBVIOUSLY. Seriously, pat yourselves on the backs for cracking that fucking case. But if you're going to piss away NINE DIGITS on multiple gambles like WBF, XFL, and not 1, but 2 failed attempts to buy the state of Connecticut, don't make excuses for the people who made you that rich in the first place and suggest a pension isn't in their means. At least be honest about your greed and arrogance and admit your whole family are pretentious idiots who actually think they will accomplish something outside of wrestling where those wrestlers aren't around to line your pockets.

The McMahons are all fucking batshit. I really wonder what the next colossal failure they attempt will be. MMA fed is my guess.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah but come on, Obama and Romney didn't spend nearly that much. If she was attempting to be president I'd understand. It could have helped her too by getting the WWE Universe involved.

Romney and Obama spent a hell of a lot more, they spent billions each.

I guess I'll have to be the guy who offers a new perspective instead of just going with the flow of what everyone else in the thread posts.

Piper does have a legitimate point. Compared to profits the McMahons keep for themselves, most of those wrestlers make shit. 6 figures doesn't last a lifetime either, especially today. I'm not saying WWE should throw every last penny they don't consume towards a noble cause, but even a modest pension towards talents with extensive tenors in WWE would be a good gesture. And I emphasize "extensive tenors", not every single talent like Giant Gonzales who had a brief run. But people like Piper should be taken care of.

Vince has every right in the world to do whatever he wants with his money. OBVIOUSLY. Seriously, pat yourselves on the backs for cracking that fucking case. But if you're going to piss away NINE DIGITS on multiple gambles like WBF, XFL, and not 1, but 2 failed attempts to buy the state of Connecticut, don't make excuses for the people who made you that rich in the first place and suggest a pension isn't in their means. At least be honest about your greed and arrogance and admit your whole family are pretentious idiots who actually think they will accomplish something outside of wrestling where those wrestlers aren't around to line your pockets.

The McMahons are all fucking batshit. I really wonder what the next colossal failure they attempt will be. MMA fed is my guess.

But if the wrestlers aren't happy about it then they shouldn't have worked with them. They knew the deals when they signed and they were happy to sign it. Look at Piper he will complain but I bet you that if WWE call him and ask him to work RAW he will jump at the chance and wont complain then.

The fun thing for them is they can spend money on these side projects and do what interests them because they have so much money. Plus after all these failures they still have hundreds of millions so it hasn't hurt them at all. Hell if I had that kind of money I would try to live all my life long dreams as well, who cares if it loses money.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I'm so hot for you right now.

Honestly, I don't see why people go on about how they should be able to do with their money how they please. They could have helped so many of their employees with the problems they have had. I bet they'll think a third time is the charm for this politics shit.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I work at a radio station been here for 5 years and will probably be here 3-5 more but I don't expect them to take care of me for the rest of my life. They pay me a wage I knew I'd be paid that when I signed on would I like raises and incentives sure but if they don't come well I got what I was expecting.

However, Linda did win all the WWE polls so it's shocking she lost the election 8D

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
But if the wrestlers aren't happy about it then they shouldn't have worked with them. They knew the deals when they signed and they were happy to sign it. Look at Piper he will complain but I bet you that if WWE call him and ask him to work RAW he will jump at the chance and wont complain then.

The fun thing for them is they can spend money on these side projects and do what interests them because they have so much money. Plus after all these failures they still have hundreds of millions so it hasn't hurt them at all. Hell if I had that kind of money I would try to live all my life long dreams as well, who cares if it loses money.
You're missing the point entirely. You're right, maybe Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, and Bruno should have all said "fuck it" and taken their business elsewhere. Then not only would they make considerably less money no matter what else they did, but then the McMahons wouldn't have all that money they throw away on things that benefit no one, including themselves.

Fact is, there isn't another employer in those wrestlers' line of work that is even capable of offering what WWE does and is capable of. It's not a line of work where you can fall back on free agency and snag a better deal elsewhere. But for many older wrestlers like Piper, it DID used to be that way, but Vince bought out all those options. He's changed the business completely more times than one, and although his competitors lost their business, the long-term ramifications have ultimately hurt the wrestlers much more, even the ones that helped Vince drive their options out of existence. So yeah, Vince is a pretty huge fuckhead for offering them squat past their athletically-capable years.

I work at a radio station been here for 5 years and will probably be here 3-5 more but I don't expect them to take care of me for the rest of my life. They pay me a wage I knew I'd be paid that when I signed on would I like raises and incentives sure but if they don't come well I got what I was expecting.

However, Linda did win all the WWE polls so it's shocking she lost the election 8D

Um okay... did you seriously just compare being a disc jockey or whatever it is you do at this radio station to being a professional athlete who travels 300 days a year? Surely I don't have to explain how that's hardly the same thing. And even if you live in the boonies, I'm sure there is at least 10 other radio stations you could work at and make at least the same amount of money and work there well past your physical prime. That is an entirely different situation.

I'm sure your employer writes checks as well, making you eligible for 401k retirement packages. Most indy feds pay cash, and only WWE and TNA offer salaries that leave room for savings. But those companies generally don't want you anymore after you turn 40, so even though you make great money for 15-20 years, that is literally every penny you have for the next 40. A little 15-20k annual pension for WWE HOF's is NOTHING to someone like Vince and his wealth. Absolutely nothing. And it would certainly spare these old timers the humility of dragging their asses around the country to autograph sessions just to make ends meat when they're in their sixties. Their fucking SIXTIES for gods sake. That isn't right.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Piper made more money than I'll ever see in a lifetime. He made it in two companies. He blew it on booze, drugs and bullshit.

There was no pension back when he was drawing. He could have saved, like some of his buddies did.

He didn't. Oh well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Piper made more money than I'll ever see in a lifetime. He made it in two companies. He blew it on booze, drugs and bullshit.

There was no pension back when he was drawing. He could have saved, like some of his buddies did.

He didn't. Oh well.

Do you even know how much money Piper made in those days? I mean an actual number, not just an assumption rounded-off from what other people made? Furthermore, do you even have a clue what percentage of that money he invested into his vices? I don't even want you to answer that actually because you have no fucking idea. Hulk Hogan wasn't worth 10 million before his divorce and he was the biggest cow of the 80's next to Flair and made loads more off movies and royalties. I seriously doubt Piper was ever worth more than a million. And if you seriously think a million dollars lasts a lifetime anymore then lol. I'm sure he also wasn't expecting all his future career options to be completely annihilated either. It's easy for someone sitting behind their computer to say "tough luck", but lol to that as well. If you're gonna give Piper shit and suggest he could have spent his money better, why not apply the same logic to the McMahons. Oh... I forgot... they're RICH. And they earned that money ALL BY THEMSELVES LOLOLOLOL

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
My concept is sound I knew what I was getting into when I was hired I agreed to it and so did they. They should save setup retirement plans just like anyone else. Why do they deserve special treatement? Isn't that why they make 6 and 7 figures compared to my low 5?

Also I work for the only station in 65 mile radius. And we aren't talking about indy feds we're talking about Linda McMahon and the WWE.

Last edited:

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Do you even know how much money Piper made in those days? I mean an actual number, not just an assumption rounded-off from what other people made? Furthermore, do you even have a clue what percentage of that money he invested into his vices? I don't even want you to answer that actually because you have no fucking idea. Hulk Hogan wasn't worth 10 million before his divorce and he was the biggest cow of the 80's next to Flair and made loads more off movies and royalties. I seriously doubt Piper was ever worth more than a million. And if you seriously think a million dollars lasts a lifetime anymore then lol. I'm sure he also wasn't expecting all his future career options to be completely annihilated either. It's easy for someone sitting behind their computer to say "tough luck", but lol to that as well. If you're gonna give Piper shit and suggest he could have spent his money better, why not apply the same logic to the McMahons. Oh... I forgot... they're RICH. And they earned that money ALL BY THEMSELVES LOLOLOLOL

I can make a million dollars last two lifetimes, and I'm not even Jewish.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is still her using her own money.

Find it odd that people have such strong opinions on how she chooses to spend it. Also, NO UNION FOR RASSLERS, so that means no benefits for them after they retire, there are private contractors.

Be happy WWE even pays for junkies rehab bills.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is still her using her own money.

Is it?

Or is it her using her husband's money?

OR is it her using her husband's money that wrestlers put in his pockets?

Taking a strictly legal perspective on the issue is shortsighted. The McMahons don't give these guys pension simply because they choose not to, and that's only because those wrestlers can't draw anymore. "Can't make us more rich, gtfo." That's the image the Democrats painted of her in the election and it was very accurate. No one wants a person like that in charge of anything. And you bring up a good point with the rehab, something WWE pays for only because those junkies are still capable if making money for WWE. Do you really think Vince does that because he gives a shit about the well-being of those guys? PFFFFFFFFFT please lol. He only drug tests in the first place to keep Congress off his ass.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Is it?

Or is it her using her husband's money?

OR is it her using her husband's money that wrestlers put in his pockets?

Taking a strictly legal perspective on the issue is shortsighted. The McMahons don't give these guys pension simply because they choose not to, and that's only because those wrestlers can't draw anymore. "Can't make us more rich, gtfo." That's the image the Democrats painted of her in the election and it was very accurate. No one wants a person like that in charge of anything. And you bring up a good point with the rehab, something WWE pays for only because those junkies are still capable if making money for WWE. Do you really think Vince does that because he gives a shit about the well-being of those guys? PFFFFFFFFFT please lol. He only drug tests in the first place to keep Congress off his ass.

Paul Roma, is that you? You really hate the McMahons, don't you? Why support the product by watching?