No Mercy Hot-potatoes!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I just hope wen Asuka comes up, they don't ruin her too.
And I worry about Asuka...because instead of getting a Sasha vs. Asuka title match straight
out of the gate...the "creative team" will most likely want Alexa to be the first one to pin Asuka
and therefore making her look even stronger/better than she already does.

I can't believe the WWE has made me despise Alexa Bliss...and its not because she's a heel...
but because I'm sick of her being booked so strongly.

I'm all for pushing new talent...but enough is enough for the time being.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
And I worry about Asuka...because instead of getting a Sasha vs. Asuka title match straight
out of the gate...the "creative team" will most likely want Alexa to be the first one to pin Asuka
and therefore making her look even stronger/better than she already does.

I can't believe the WWE has made me despise Alexa Bliss...and its not because she's a heel...
but because I'm sick of her being booked so strongly.

I'm all for pushing new talent...but enough is enough for the time being.

The booking hasn't made sense in many many months and if Asuka lays down for Bliss, that will be my final straw with the women's division.
I will go back to considering them to be nothing more than a bathroom break. It is bad enough I hardly watch as it is on top of this. They are ruining the women and struggling to keep the men above water. It seems like because they have no real threat, there is not reason to try. Half the time I feel like they put together and entire RAW show 20 minutes before it goes live.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I don't even know what the difference is between Raw Alexa and Smackdown Alexa. Like, I still felt like Alexa was missing something on SD, but booking-wise I felt they did an unbelievable job in giving her finishes that made her feel crafty and make it feel like even in 2017 I left the match like BOO ALEXA YOU BASTARD instead of BOO WWE YOU CAN'T BOOK ANYONE.

My biggest gripe is more with the depth of the divisions. All this talk of backstage heat, but my personal feelings aside I am so. Tired. Of watching WWE sabotage people so much. Like if you don't have plans for Emma and Mickie James... As much as Grievous hates it at the time, leave them off the show. There's no reason to send them out to look incompetent over and over because you wind up with a situation like this one where you have to find some circle of the same three girls to do feuds with. You make Lana look like a complete dumbass in the ring and all it does is make us not care about her as Rusev's mouthpiece - or Tamina's.

There's the usual complaint of Becky not being more upset about Carmella, or Charlotte not fighting off The Weather Channel 3-on-1 to make her look great... It felt like that was such an obvious thing to push forward with on NXT, but again. 2017 Smackdown is the worst

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My biggest gripe is more with the depth of the divisions.
There is no depth in the division...but even if there was...

Like if you don't have plans for Emma and Mickie James... As much as Grievous hates it at the time, leave them off the show.
I do hate it when they are left off the show...but the real problem
is the fact the WWE has no concrete plans for Emma, Mickie, Dana
or Foxy. Summer Rae can't even get on TV because the rumor is
"We don't have anything for you at this time" which is fine...but it
wouldn't take a high IQ to actually do something creative with
either division.

Okay...so here is just an example...

First off...cut the shit and pair Emma & Dana back together...Dana
doesn't work as a face and her and Emma make a great team.

So...you pair Emma & Dana together as heels, you leave Nia
and Alexa as heels and have Sasha, Mickie and Summer Rae
as faces.

Then when Bayley is ready...you either leave her as a face or
turn her heel...and if Paige ever actually does return...that can
only help at this point.

Faces:
Sasha Banks
Mickie James
Summer Rae
Bayley (?)
Paige (?)

Heels:
Alexa Bliss
Emma
Dana Brooke
Nia Jax
Alicia Fox

You have Alexa actually form a faction with Emma & Dana (and
give them a cool name...the Hollywood Blondes?) with the idea
that it will her Alexa safe from both Nia & Sasha.

Summer Rae & Sasha Banks can have their NXT history
together used as a reason for them being allies on the main
roster while Nia actually starts a streak defeating everyone bar
the champion in a 2 month period.

Then when the alliances are made and the pieces are all in place...
you bring in Asuka and have her start kicking everyone one in the
face.

Asuka goes directly for the champion...but...she is defeated for the
first time by either Alexa or Sasha...because Bayley turns heel and
gets revenge on Asuka for the humiliation she suffered in NXT...
something she has never truly gotten over...even with being the
RAW Champion and her Wrestlemania dream coming true.

I mean...that would work right?

The writers could do that...I mean RAW is 3 hours long...so why
not develop the women as characters and try to tell more than
one story?

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Eurgh. Okay, here we go.

You can't build babyfaces by having them consistently win matches any more. Look at Cena/Reigns/Sheamus. You also don't need a title belt to be in the process of a push. Carmella is getting a big push right now and she's not holding a title. Forgetting the race card you're throwing out, the idea that Sasha Banks isn't getting a push is ridiculous. She is so exposed that she's overexposed and the fans are right now turning on her.

Caveat, we're annoyed that white, blonde women are being pushed, yet we're also annoyed that it looks like Nia Jax is about to get a push. And this only 2 weeks after Naomi, a black woman, had the title and was originally booked to have it from February until August, a 6 month reign.

And finally, we're annoyed that people like Emma and Mickie aren't being given much to do. Mickie just built Emma a storyline. That storyline is that Emma thinks she started the women's revolution. You know who that gives her a storyline with? Paige, who did start the revolution, or Bayley, who thinks the horsewomen did.

I've said before and I'll say again, nobody has been pushed more relentlessly than the 4 horsewomen. That includes Roman Reigns and that includes Jinder Mahal. They were the women's division for well over a year and now that we have people like Bliss, Naomi and Natalya stepping up to their level people are getting pissed off.

You build faces with losses now, and I don't mean in the Bayley mould because WWE unquestionably screwed that up by having her lose the Extreme Rules rematch in such spectacular fashion.

And that's before we even begin to discuss NXT, which it apparently needs repeating on a daily basis is run by WWE. Yes, WWE. The same people. The same company. Vince McMahon still signs off on everything in NXT, where Asuka is longest reigning champion and Ember Moon was her closest fought contender.

I mean really guys. Let's blame everything on the colour of their skin, sure. It's nothing to do with the fact that Alexa Bliss is the best female heel that there has ever been and is thus queenmaker for the whole Raw women's division. It's nothing to do with the fact that the crowd was starting to boo Sasha and, after this loss, are firmly back on Sasha's side. It's nothing to do with the fact that Bliss and Banks now have a feud that has a reason to continue being the top 2 drawing women in wrestling.

It's because Bliss is white, right?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Charlotte was a better heel than Bliss to me. Bliss has become repetitive already which is a bad sign.
When they tanked Char, the value of the belts and the division went down hill. I still think it has to do with those nude leaks which is a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
(Maria Kanellis is a prime example of being put way above what she was AND did a playboy spread they once promoted.)

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Charlotte was a better heel than Bliss to me. Bliss has become repetitive already which is a bad sign.
When they tanked Char, the value of the belts and the division went down hill. I still think it has to do with those nude leaks which is a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
(Maria Kanellis is a prime example of being put way above what she was AND did a playboy spread they once promoted.)
Thank you!!! The reason why you think that is... because CHARLOTTE IS THE BEST FEMALE HEEL TODAY. Alexa Bliss will be lucky if she even come close to Charlotte's charisma, style and abilities in the ring.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Thank you!!! The reason why you think that is... because CHARLOTTE IS THE BEST FEMALE HEEL TODAY. Alexa Bliss will be lucky if she even come close to Charlotte's charisma, style and abilities in the ring.

She has the legacy, the charisma, the height (size), and the capability in ring to make people be in shock and awe. I would have been fine if she held the belt for another year.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Quite early for predictions being we have a few weeks of build before we get to No Mercy but as things stand, Sasha obviously is owed a rematch (cause...rematch clause) and then Nia Jax made her "claim" this past Monday as RAW went off the air. So, if the math is right and given that Bayley is injured and Emma with Mikkie are occupied in a secondary angle, we should be looking at a Triple Threat for the upcoming PPV.

That being said, if I had to make an early prediction, I believe that Alexa Bliss will retain and to be completely honest, I am mostly basing this on the word going around that Asuka is getting the call up as soon as she recovers from her injury and is ready to go.

As far as Asuka getting the nod for the main roster, I think there's little doubt anymore because, quite frankly, what else is there left for her to do in NXT? And even though some might not approve of her being forced to vacate the championsip, at the end of the day she would still leave NXT undefeated so, in my book, that's probably better then having her ultimately lose and then get called up.

Now, if I am not mistaken - and please correct me if I am wrong - Asuka will be out of act for about another month and change, meaning that the time frame we are looking in regards to her debut on the main roster is right around TLC, the next RAW exclusive PPV. The same story, by the way, suggests that Asuka will be joining the RAW brand, which I think makes the most sense so if that is indeed the case and assuming she will be immediately challenging for the RAW woman's title (how can you have it otherwise anyway), I feel it makes a lot more sense for Bliss to still be champion by then, before eventually dropping it to Asuka.

The way I see it, if there are going to give Nia Jax the belt at any given time, I would imagine they'll have her enjoy a lengthy run as the unstoppable monster she could be so for her to win at No Mercy only to drop it a month later doesn't feel right, even if this is hot-potato season. Based on this simple logic (though it's still WWE we are talking about, aka never assume the logical), it should pretty much come down to Bliss and Banks once again but while Sasha Banks versus Asuka would definetely be a money match, I feel that TLC would be too soon for that, which is why my early prediction for No Mercy is for Bliss to retain.

Afterwards, pretty basic stuff: the next night on RAW Bliss can brag about how she beat both Jax and Banks on the same night, blah blah blah, there's nobody that can touch me and beat me, blah blah blah, I am the queen, blah blah blah and...Asuka comes out, setting up a match at TLC where we crown the new woman's champion. And, if done properly, I'd have Asuka hold on to the belt till Wrestlemania 34, where she could ultimately drop it to Nia. IF done properly, that is, meaning IF Nia steps up and improves her game, both in the ring and the mic skills.

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Charlotte wasn't pushed when she came to Smackdown because they were developing other women in the typical lull between mania and Summerslam. Her drop from prominence happened well before the leaks. I rate her lower on the totem pole as a heel because of how tightly scripted her promos were. She wasn't a natural heel and it showed when she had to squeeze in pop culture references to promote new movies and in her brief appearance on Talking Smack when she had no idea what to say.

Despite that I consider her the best female wrestler to walk into that ring. Don't consider her the best heel though.

I still think Asuka's going to Smackdown. I'm prepared to be disappointed but I stand by it.

Reactions: Red Rain

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
I have a theory!

So this will explain the hot potato stuff with both Charlotte and Alexa.
One week, Vince sees Sasha in gorilla, right? So then he plans for her to win the title. Then when she wins the title, he realizes that she (and Bayley) is trash at her job, so he sets up a rematch and she loses the title.
Then, Vince changes his mind a while later when he sees Sasha in gorilla. Then he plans for her to win the title. Then when she wins the title again, he realizes that she is trash at her job again, so he sets up a rematch and she loses the title.

Before SummerSlam, my answer would be I hope it's just Alexa vs. Nia, but during that show I heard there's actual heat between Alexa and Sasha. Also, that match looked like they were stiffing the hell out of each other. So, I say do the triple threat and have Sasha and Alexa just shoot on each other.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
First off...Nice to see some support for my Bae Charlotte in this thread...

Okay...so I've had breakfast and I'm ready to go! Let's fire up the A.T field and get stuck in...
(And anyone who gets that reference is awesome)

You can't build babyfaces by having them consistently win matches any more.
The WWE doesn't know how to book babyfaces anymore...and last time I checked you can't
"build" anyone if they keep losing like a fucking loser.

Carmella is getting a big push right now and she's not holding a title.
A "Push"? She has a briefcase...a briefcase I might add that she won with the help of a
man twice.

I don't call that a push...I call that a joke...

Forgetting the race card you're throwing out
I believe the "race card" was one of 6 possible reasons I listed...and
I honestly don't believe that is the "main" reason. It could be a factor...
but it probably isn't.

I've said before and I'll say again, nobody has been pushed more relentlessly than the 4 horsewomen.
Are you kidding me? Charlotte yes...the other three have all been booked
terribly with and without the titles. Just look at the length and quality of their
title reigns.

To me a push mean you win...and frankly...the only people on the WWE roster
that win matches on a regular basis are...you know what...fuck that guy and
I'm not talking about him here. You know who I was going to list...so lets just
move on.

annoyed that it looks like Nia Jax is about to get a push.
Because Nia is boring in the ring and on the mic...and how am I suppose to
even take Nia seriously if the WWE books her to tap out in matches every
3 or 4 weeks? But hey...she's on Total Divas...so why not push her.

that Alexa Bliss is the best female heel that there has ever been and is thus queenmaker for the whole Raw women's division.
tumblr_ntilffYXmE1qcv34vo1_500.gif

It's nothing to do with the fact that the crowd was starting to boo Sasha
Well...may-be if the WWE knew how to actually book a likeable babyface
she wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

It's because Bliss is white, right?
Like I said...it was one of 6 possible reasons...
Stop playing the "You played the race card"

Charlotte was a better heel than Bliss to me.
because CHARLOTTE IS THE BEST FEMALE HEEL TODAY. Alexa Bliss will be lucky if she even come close to Charlotte's charisma, style and abilities in the ring.
She has the legacy, the charisma, the height (size), and the capability in ring to make people be in shock and awe. I would have been fine if she held the belt for another year.
:yes:ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!!:yes:

Bliss has become repetitive already which is a bad sign.
When they tanked Char, the value of the belts and the division went down hill. I still
think it has to do with those nude leaks which is a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
Holy Shit...I had completely forgotten about the nude leaks...that may be a factor in why
Charlotte has hardly been used on SmackDown and why they never booked a Charlotte/Naomi
pay per view match.

That being said, if I had to make an early prediction, I believe that Alexa Bliss will retain and to be completely honest, I am mostly basing this on the word going around that Asuka is getting the call up as soon as she recovers from her injury and is ready to go.
A fair point...and I'd rather see Bliss get her teeth kicked in by Asuka than
Sasha...cause you know they could pull a Goldberg/Lesnar style squash
when Asuka gets her hands on Bliss. Perhaps that is the route they are taking.

Bliss drops the title to Asuka then Asuka & Sasha feud?

The way I see it, if there are going to give Nia Jax the belt at any given time, I would imagine they'll have her enjoy a lengthy run as the unstoppable monster she could be so for her to win at No Mercy only to drop it a month later doesn't feel right, even if this is hot-potato season.
She can't be an unstoppable monster now...because she keeps tapping out every 3 or 4 weeks...
her booking has been stop/start and a lot of her power and aura was destroyed when she tapped
out to Becky Lynch at Survivor Series last year.

Not to mention Sasha pinned her clean at Fastlane.

I'm sorry to say it...but Nia (like most of the women on RAW) has been booked to a
point where no one should honestly see her as a true threat.

Plus she's fucking boring to watch...can't they give her some personality? Why not make her
a face and portray her as a sassy, confident & flirtatious woman where her size and weight
isn't even an issue?

And for the love of God change her ring gear...its fucking awful!

I rate her lower on the totem pole as a heel because of how tightly scripted her promos were.
Aren't everyone's promos tightly scripted?

So, I say do the triple threat and have Sasha and Alexa just shoot on each other.
Well...sure...as long as no one gets a serious injury...

Look a triple threat match with Sasha, Alexa & Nia could be fun...and they could do some
cool spots involving Sasha & Alexa working together against Nia...but...all I want is for Sasha
to be the champion and to be booked like a champion...but...with the human tornado known
as Asuka possibly arriving soon...that may not happen for a while.

Well...Sasha is only 25 years old...so injuries aside hopefully she'll get a fair run with the belt
in the next 5 to 8 years.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Also...a thought just hit me in the brain...

Sasha only had the match against Alexa because Bayley was injured...
so its possible that Bayley was suppose to win the title and drop it back
to Alexa on RAW...leading to Nia getting involved like she did...while...
Sasha began a feud with "Social Media Mad" Emma about who started
the Women's Revolution...I mean...it would make more sense for Emma
to feud with one of 4 Horsewomen than with Mickie James.

It would appear to me that because of Bayley's injury...Sasha took her
place in the "story" while Mickie taking her place against Emma.

Look WWE...if you want to play this "Who began the Women's Revolution?"
game...you can't do it properly with all the women spread over two brands.