No Mercy Hot-potatoes!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
So if you didn't watch Raw last night, this would obviously be a spoiler so you may want to stop reading right about HERE.

With that being said, we now have a bit of an issue that has happened before (and ironically enough it is involving one of the same women). Remember that feud between Charlotte and Sasha anyone? They played hot-potato with the belt...

Well, it seems to be happening again. 8 days after winning the title, Sasha dropped it to Alexa Bliss. Now for me, I don't care I am not and never was a fan of Sasha (and I prefer Bliss) BUT this just seems like grade A baloney booking. That aside...

We have a new Champ and rumor has it, the No Mercy match for the belt will be Bliss vs Sasha vs Nia. This hasn't been set in stone yet, still a rumor.

What are your thoughts on this? Will Bliss be the champ going into No Mercy? Who will said champ be facing? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z... Wait a minute...

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I feel like we're being trolled right now, WWE has just started making better decisions especially with changing a lot of the titles. We don't really understand or know the logic in some of these choices but at least there's change instead of someone just holding on to a title with little too none challenge or struggle, speaking on titles in general. I know there a few title holders who we don't personally like so with that said, I don't undersand where this logic with the Raw Women's title goes. The best idea at this point would be do a few more "hot-potato"-ing between Sasha and Alexa and THEN when everybody is unaware having Nia come and jack the title, keep it out the hands of Sasha and Alexa and anyone else. This is how I feel.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how after all this time, so many injuries and so little benefit for anything involved, they're still pushing Nia Jax...

I usually don't wanna see NXT callups but.......Yeah no, keep them off this show. Poor Sasha. Four title reigns and zero title defenses. Why

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I usually don't wanna see NXT callups but.......Yeah no, keep them off this show. Poor Sasha. Four title reigns and zero title defenses. Why?

Because...

a). Unless you're white and blonde the WWE won't push you properly...

b). Sasha has backstage heat...

c).
The WWE only had Sasha win the belt at SummerSlam to counter
the negative reaction to Nakamura not winning the WWE title.

d). The writers are simply continuing the Charlotte vs. Sasha story only
with Alexa in place of Charlotte...as the RAW women's division is still a
stagnant pool of the same repetitive shit with the likes of Emma & Mickie
James doing nothing of note instead of wrestling Sasha in what could be
excellent and technically sound matches.

e). Alexa is seen as more marketable and is now on Total Divas...as is Nia...

f). The WWE has no fucking clue how to book babyface characters anymore.
(See the booking of Bayley for the prime example of this)

g). Someone "backstage" is using Alexa to take down the 4 Horsewomen as
a "fuck you" to Triple H...with Becky, Bayley & now Sasha all dropping titles
to her since her main roster debut...and don't be surprised if Alexa pins a
now face Charlotte at Survivor Series this year.

h).
A through G combined.

Reactions: Red Rain

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Because...

a). Unless you're white and blonde the WWE won't push you properly...

Well now this isn't true. Melina had a decent run as did AJ Lee. Both not blonde or white.

To be honest, it is likely down to personal heat with other people back stage and issues with her character in general. Turn her heel and she would be A LOT better. I find her boring. I have since she debuted. Nothing against her as a person. Her character is just lame as a face and I have yet to see her as a heel.

Reactions: Death Walker

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
*tried to reply but just gets sidetracked into a separate rant, so just stops, realizes it isn't worth it, and watches another wrestling promotion*

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
*tried to reply but just gets sidetracked into a separate rant, so just stops, realizes it isn't worth it, and watches another wrestling promotion*

Move over Frosty! Japan has got itself a new Snowman!

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I can't say I blame you Snowman...

Well now this isn't true. Melina had a decent run as did AJ Lee. Both not blonde or white.
And a fair call...but...if we go back and look at the booking of the women's
division champions since say...Charlotte won the Divas title from Nikki Bella at
Night of Champions in 2015...

Charlotte: 442 days as a Champion (1 Divas Reign, 4 RAW Reigns)
Her initial Divas/Women's title run also included her historic 16 straight pay per view
victories with many successful dirty & clean title defenses.

Alexa Bliss: 224 days as (and current) Champion (2 SmackDown Reigns, 2 RAW Reigns) ~ Total Divas

Many of her wins have been "heel" victories and her initial title was won in a tables
match. She was still booked fairly weak until crossing to RAW and destroying Bayley.

Naomi: 149 days as Champion (2 SmackDown Reign) ~ Total Divas
I mean she held the belt for a good time...but only successfully defended it against
Alexa once (who ended up on RAW the week after anyway) and Lana 3 times. She
also failed to defend the title at Backlash & Battleground this year. Pretty sad really.

Becky Lynch: 85 days as Champion (1 SmackDown Reign)
Was terribly booked looking pathetically weak against Alexa, missed the No Mercy
pay per view and didn't have one clean title defense before loosing in a tables match
and then being "fucked over" by Alexa & Mickie James in every rematch they had.

Sasha Banks: 84 days as Champion (4 RAW Reigns)
Apparently her initial reign was ended at SummerSlam because of a back injury...but
then it became a game of hot potato as Charlotte lost on RAW while Sasha lost on
pay per view. Sasha finally got a shot at Alexa only for her to run away the first time
and would not have been given her second chance if Bayley wasn't injured. She
wins the title again...only to again drop it back in her first defense.

Its not funny, its not a compelling story and its not setting up anything important.

All this booking does is makes Sasha look like a fucking loser...and speaking of losers...

Bayley: 76 days as Champion (1 RAW Reign)
Possibly the weakest face champion of all time. Won the title with Sasha's help...
defended it and broke Charlotte PPV streak with Sasha's help...got smacked
around by Nia nearly every second week and even tapped out to Sasha on RAW.
Successfully defended her title at Wrestlemania...but only pinned one of the other
3 women in the match.

Natalya: 9 days as (and current) Champion (1 SmackDown Reign) ~ Total Divas
One can only imagine how well Nattie will do with Carmella lurking around every
corner...but she is blonde and white...and has nice tits...so she might get a 300
day reign.

But then Carmella is also white, blonde and younger...so Nattie may-be on
borrowed time.

Numbers and statistics don't lie...and clearly my "Race & Hair Color" Theory
does hold some water at this very moment in time.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I can't say I blame you Snowman...

And a fair call...but...if we go back and look at the booking of the women's
division champions since say...Charlotte won the Divas title from Nikki Bella at
Night of Champions in 2015 lets look.

Charlotte: 442 days as a Champion (1 Divas Reign, 4 RAW Reigns)
Her initial Divas/Women's title run also included her historic 16 straight pay per view
victories with many successful dirty & clean title defenses.

Alexa Bliss: 224 days as (and current) Champion (2 SmackDown Reigns, 2 RAW Reigns) ~ Total Divas

Many of her wins have been "heel" victories and her initial title was won in a tables
match. She was still booked fairly weak until crossing to RAW and destroying Bayley.

Naomi: 149 days as Champion (2 SmackDown Reign) ~ Total Divas
I mean she held the belt for a good time...but only successfully defended it against
Alexa once (who ended up on RAW the week after anyway) and Lana 3 times. She
also failed to defend the title at Backlash & Battleground this year. Pretty sad really.

Becky Lynch: 85 days as Champion (1 SmackDown Reign)
Was terribly booked looking pathetically weak against Alexa, missed the No Mercy
pay per view and didn't have one clean title defense before loosing in a tables match
and then being "fucked over" by Alexa & Mickie James in every rematch they had.

Sasha Banks: 84 days as Champion (4 RAW Reigns)
Apparently her initial reign was ended at SummerSlam because of a back injury...but
then it became a game of hot potato as Charlotte lost on RAW while Sasha lost on
pay per view. Sasha finally got a shot at Alexa only for her to run away the first time
and would not have been given her second chance if Bayley wasn't injured. She
wins the title again...only to again drop it back in her first defense.

Its not funny, its not a compelling story and its not setting up anything important.

All this booking does is makes Sasha look like a fucking loser...and speaking of losers...

Bayley: 76 days as Champion (1 RAW Reign)
Possibly the weakest face champion of all time. Won the title with Sasha's help...
defended it and broke Charlotte PPV streak with Sasha's help...got smacked
around by Nia nearly every second week and even tapped out to Sasha on RAW.
Successfully defended her title at Wrestlemania...but only pinned one of the other
3 women in the match.

Natalya: 9 days as (and current) Champion (1 SmackDown Reign) ~ Total Divas
One can only imagine how well Nattie will do with Carmella lurking around every
corner...but she is blonde and white...and has nice tits...so she might get a 300
day reign.

But then Carmella is also white, blonde and younger...so Nattie may-be on
borrowed time.

Numbers and statistics don't lie...and clearly my "Race & Hair Color" Theory
does hold some water at this very moment in time.

Well if you are talking specifically about the so called "women's revolution" then obviously yeah, it has been mostly crap. Crap for the champions and crap for the women facing the champions. I felt that when Charlotte was first holding the title, it felt important and great but as time went on that was ruined. Even though it seems they cared a lot less about skills back in 2010 and before, they clearly cared more about booking than they do now. Seems like the so called revolution is nothing but a joke and in order to mean anything to them (the WWE) you have to be on that horrific reality show that holds no value OR marry John Cena.

So yes, as for the last 2 years, you are right (blonde/white) but beyond that - it was not an issue and I find myself wondering why now.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well if you are talking specifically about the so called "women's revolution" then obviously yeah, it has been mostly crap. Crap for the champions and crap for the women facing the champions. I felt that when Charlotte was first holding the title, it felt important and great but as time went on that was ruined. Even though it seems they cared a lot less about skills back in 2010 and before, they clearly cared more about booking than they do now. Seems like the so called revolution is nothing but a joke and in order to mean anything to them (the WWE) you have to be on that horrific reality show that holds no value OR marry John Cena.

So yes, as for the last 2 years, you are right (blonde/white) but beyond that - it was not an issue and I find myself wondering why now.
Validation...Thank you Snake...here is cat gif...

871b8853f98a470172c8b08a81aebc78.gif

To be honest, it is likely down to personal heat with other people back stage and issues with her character in general. Turn her heel and she would be A LOT better. I find her boring. I have since she debuted. Nothing against her as a person. Her character is just lame as a face and I have yet to see her as a heel.
Yeah...cause at least the WWE can book and write heels
properly...mainly because its easier to be a prick than to
actually be a "nice" person.

Reactions: Solid Snake