Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Damn I'm so far behind with this show but I really did like it. Time to catch up later this year me thinks.

What's the general consensus on the spinoff?

With Season 2 of spinoff series “American Horror Stories” underway, FX has announced today during the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour that the main series is on its way back into our lives as well. “American Horror Story” Season 11 will premiere this Fall!

At this time, the “American Horror Story” Season 11 title has not been revealed, and we don’t know the theme. But you can expect the new season to arrive on the road to Halloween.

Stay tuned for more as we learn it.

As we previously learned, “American Horror Story” has been ordered through Season 13.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'd be so tempted by this. That's awesome.

ring-1.jpg

Can you believe it’s been 20 YEARS since Gore Verbinski’s The Ring? Widely considered one of the best horror remakes, The Ring is celebrating with a brand new Blu-ray release!

Just in time for the film’s 20th anniversary, Paramount is bringing The Ring to Limited Edition Blu-ray SteelBook, and the release will feature a VHS-inspired slipcover case.

You’ll be able to head back down the well on October 18, 2022.

In The Ring, a remake of Hideo Nakata’s 1998 movie, “The bizarre death of a teenage girl leads journalist Rachel Keller (Naomi Watts) to investigate a mysterious urban legend. Within the cabin is a videocassette containing disturbing imagery, and anyone who views the tape receives a chilling phone call from an unknown voice stating ‘seven days’.”

• Love
Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
LivingWithChucky_Poster-scaled.jpeg

Yellow Veil Pictures has acquired world sales rights to the upcoming documentary Living With Chucky, ScreenDaily reports this morning, the doc directed by Kyra Elise Gardner.

Living With Chucky just made its world premiere at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival, and Bloody Disgusting’s review will be going live later this afternoon. So stay tuned for that.

ScreenDaily details, “The film explores the iconic Child’s Play franchise through a personal and social perspective. Gardner is the daughter of Tony Gardner, who was the chief puppeteer for the majority of the horror franchise inspired by Child’s Play in 1988.

Living With Chucky uses new and archival interview footage to explore the film’s cultural impact over the years with principal cast and crew members including Don Mancini, Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly, Tony Gardner, and David Kirshner.”

Living With Chucky is an essential look at the impact and longevity of the Child’s Play series, imbued with so much heart and soul,” said Yellow Veil’s Joe Yanick. ”It’s a family effort that will appeal to a diverse and sprawling fan base around the world.”

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Perfect time for this Doc to come out too with Season 2 of Chucky starting in October.

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
My biggest guilty pleasure. First three movies are great. Rest of the sequels are a bit 'Ehh' but I thought Saw VI was pretty good.

i-want-to-play-a-game-play-time.gif

Darren Bousman’s reboot Spiral: From the Book of Saw pulled in $40 million worldwide last year, reviving the franchise and paving the way for more sequels. Another brand new Saw movie is indeed in the works, with Bloody Disgusting exclusively learning that Kevin Greutert will be directing the next installment. And it’s set for release on October 27, 2023!

Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures re-team for the next installment of the billion-dollar franchise.

The untitled film will be the TENTH installment in the Saw franchise.

Like Bousman, Kevin Greutert is no stranger to the Saw franchise. Greutert directed both Saw VI in 2009 and later Saw: The Final Chapter in 2010, along with the horror movies Jessabelle in 2014 and Jackals more recently in 2017. He also edited Saw I through V and Jigsaw.

While Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures are keeping the plot and characters under wraps at this time, we’re told fans can be assured that the new film will capture their hearts – and other body parts – with all-new twisted, ingenious traps and a new mystery to solve.

Franchise producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules said, “We have been listening to what the fans have been asking for and are hard at work planning a movie that Saw aficionados and horror fans alike will love. And part of that is giving the reins to Kevin Greutert, director of Saw VI, which is still one of the fans’ favorites in the entire series.

“More details will be revealed soon.”

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I own the first 6 or 7 on DVD so yeah I'm a huge fan of the Franchise for better or worse. I'm trying to remember if I watched the last one oh I did the one with Chris Rock right? Yeah it was pretty solid I wonder if the 10th Film follows the previous Story or something new entirely.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I own the first 6 or 7 on DVD so yeah I'm a huge fan of the Franchise for better or worse. I'm trying to remember if I watched the last one oh I did the one with Chris Rock right? Yeah it was pretty solid I wonder if the 10th Film follows the previous Story or something new entirely.
Yeah the newest one was Spiral with Chris Rock. I liked it as well, although it got a very mixed reception. I thought it had a decent blend of humour and serious moments. Wasn't as dark/gritty the whole way through as the previous instalments.

I feel like it's a lot smarter than it gets credit for. I always really liked the twists and all the accomplices and all. For sure plot holes, but it was very satisfying following it as a fan of the series. Seeing familiar faces like Cary Elwes pop back up.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Saw movies are great even if they never do anything different in any of their movies. It's Iike watching 1000 ways to die.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Premiering at Fantastic Fest next month, director Phillip Escott‘s The Legacy of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre has unleashed a trailer, cutting deep into Tobe Hooper‘s horror classic.

In the 83-minute documentary, “Fest alumnus Phillip Escott presents a journey into The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, exploring the elements that garnered the film its cult status.”

The documentary features insights from critics and filmmakers alike, including Bloody Disgusting’s head critic Meagan Navarro, alongside Fangoria’s editor-in-chief, Phil Nobile Jr.

The Daily Dead’s Heather Wixson, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) producer Fede Alvarez, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) director Marcus Nispel, master of horror Mick Garris, Jason Goes to Hell director Adam Marcus, and more are featured in the trailer, found below.

“You feel a sense that the people making this movie may not be okay,” Mick Garris comments in the documentary’s trailer, pitch perfectly describing Tobe Hooper’s game-changing vision.

Fractured Visions and Second Sight Films produced the upcoming documentary.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
THE_VIGIL_QUAD_date_MR-scaled-932x699.jpg

Watched this tonight, a really well done low budget horror film. Mostly set in one location the vast majority of the film and was quite unnerving and creepy in parts. It does a good job putting you in the shoes of the main character and the feeling of being stuck there, questioning what's real. I found it to be a pretty clever and effective horror experience with a pretty stellar performance from the lead actor. For sure recommend if you dig a blend of supernatural/psychological horror

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Strangers was pretty much perfect for me, I loved the atmosphere. Be hard to top imo. Although I do like the choice to cast Madelaine Petsch in the Remake, she was quite good in Riverdale

Lionsgate is remaking The Strangers, with Madelaine Petsch to star and Renny Harlin directing.

Gabe Basso and Froy Gutierrez will co-star in the movie set to become a trilogy of titles shot in Bratislava, Slovakia. Based on the original 2008 psychological thriller of the same name that starred Scott Speedman and Liv Tyler and was directed by Bryan Bertino, the reboot will see Petsch will play a character who drives cross-country with her longtime boyfriend (Gutierrez) to begin a new life in the Pacific Northwest.

When their car breaks down in Oregon, they’re forced to spend the night in a secluded Airbnb, where they are terrorized from dusk till dawn by three masked strangers. Harlin is directing with a script by Alan R. Cohen and Alan Freedland. Lionsgate will distribute worldwide.

“When setting out to remake The Strangers, we felt there was a bigger story to be told, which could be as powerful, chilling, and terrifying as the original and could really expand that world,” producer Courtney Solomon said in a statement. The Strangers reboot is produced by Solomon, Mark Canton, Christopher Milburn, Gary Raskin, Charlie Dombek and Alastair Burlingham.

Executive producers are Andrei Boncea, Dorothy Canton and Roy Lee. “When you’ve got two horror aficionados like Courtney Solomon and Renny Harlin coming together, you’ve got all you need to create some incredibly smart, lean-forward-in-your-seat, addictively thrilling entertainment. Fans of the original film will be blown away; new audiences will discover the intensely unnerving world of The Strangers,” Canton added in his own statement.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I finally got done with the Chucky movies, and I have to say I feel bad i never gave them a shot. Yeah, there are retcons here and there, and the story gets a bit wonky, but overall, it is pretty solid, and I love how they used Practical effects for damn near everything throughout the series. Brad Dourif was a great pick to be the voice of Chucky because he has his own sound and now, I will think of Chucky when I watch other movies with Brad in it, lol. Also, as I said before I never realized how LGBTQIA+ the series was so that was cool to find out. I haven't watched the tv series yet, but I will soon enough and give my opinion on it.

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
With you on the Chucky series, I plan on binging it soon with Season 2 right around the corner. Glad to hear you enjoyed the movies!