Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not sure if there is a new discussion thread for horror movies so I'm just posting in here. Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong spot.

Has anyone here seen In a Violent Nature yet? I don't want to get into specifics but it's easily the best horror movie I've seen this year and is currently near the top of my overall films list for 2024. It's best to go in blind, though the trailer won't give anything away, but if you're a horror fan, particularly of slashers, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

I really want to see that Film and right now for me on the Horror side Abigail, and Exhuma are my two favs from the Year so far.

Reactions: Fuji Vice

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Abigail was hilarious but I didn't really find it all that scary. I also hate that the trailer spoiled some stuff, but I guess that's how things go these days.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I watched Stopmotion on Shudder last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. It’s a bit of a slow burn at first but then once it gets going it’s worth it. I believe it’s a 2023 release but it did have a limited theater release back in February this year.

French horror film Infested or Vermines is a fun one I watched recently on Shudder as well. An apartment building becomes infested with spiders, I think I’d describe it as The Raid but with spiders.

Abigail is one I really liked as well as Lisa Frankenstein, Immaculate, and Late Night With The Devil.

Last edited:

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Bale and Gyllenhaal? This sounds incredible. Cool to see Maggie directing her brother in a movie too.

the-bride-christian-bale.png

Director Maggie Gyllenhaal is bringing the iconic Bride of Frankenstein back to life for upcoming feature film The Bride!, and her brother is coming along for the ride.

A new profile piece on Jake Gyllenhaal that was published by The Hollywood Reporter this morning confirms that Jake will have a role in Maggie’s upcoming horror movie.

No word yet on the role he’ll be playing, however. Stay tuned.

The Bride! will release in theaters on October 3, 2025.

Christian Bale is Frankenstein’s Monster, with Jessie Buckley as the titular Bride.

The upcoming film “sees a lonely Frankenstein travel to 1930s Chicago to seek the aide of a Dr. Euphronius in creating a companion for himself. The two reinvigorate a murdered young woman and the Bride is born. She is beyond what either of them intended, igniting a combustible romance, the attention of the police and a wild and radical social movement.”

The Bride! will also star Penelope Cruz, Peter Sarsgaard, and Annette Bening (Nyad).

In the original 1935 film from director James Whale, “After recovering from injuries sustained in the mob attack upon himself and his creation, Dr. Frankenstein (Colin Clive) falls under the control of his former mentor, Dr. Pretorius (Ernest Thesiger), who insists the now-chastened doctor resume his experiments in creating new life. Meanwhile, the Monster (Boris Karloff) remains on the run from those who wish to destroy him without understanding that his intentions are generally good despite his lack of socialization and self-control.”

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I saw a unique twist on Frankenstein a few years back via The National Theatre, where Dr. Victor and the monster were alternately played by Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch. Both shows were excellent for their own reasons, and I felt Miller had the best take on the character since Clancy Brown's turn in the otherwise terrible The Bride. Hoping to see Bale capture some of that magic when this finally comes out.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So this is a bit of a hot take I've stated in the past, but I'm 100% of the opinion that Exorcist III is a better movie than Exorcist 1, and arguably a better story.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Bale and Gyllenhaal? This sounds incredible. Cool to see Maggie directing her brother in a movie too.

the-bride-christian-bale.png

Director Maggie Gyllenhaal is bringing the iconic Bride of Frankenstein back to life for upcoming feature film The Bride!, and her brother is coming along for the ride.

A new profile piece on Jake Gyllenhaal that was published by The Hollywood Reporter this morning confirms that Jake will have a role in Maggie’s upcoming horror movie.

No word yet on the role he’ll be playing, however. Stay tuned.

The Bride! will release in theaters on October 3, 2025.

Christian Bale is Frankenstein’s Monster, with Jessie Buckley as the titular Bride.

The upcoming film “sees a lonely Frankenstein travel to 1930s Chicago to seek the aide of a Dr. Euphronius in creating a companion for himself. The two reinvigorate a murdered young woman and the Bride is born. She is beyond what either of them intended, igniting a combustible romance, the attention of the police and a wild and radical social movement.”

The Bride! will also star Penelope Cruz, Peter Sarsgaard, and Annette Bening (Nyad).

In the original 1935 film from director James Whale, “After recovering from injuries sustained in the mob attack upon himself and his creation, Dr. Frankenstein (Colin Clive) falls under the control of his former mentor, Dr. Pretorius (Ernest Thesiger), who insists the now-chastened doctor resume his experiments in creating new life. Meanwhile, the Monster (Boris Karloff) remains on the run from those who wish to destroy him without understanding that his intentions are generally good despite his lack of socialization and self-control.”

With this Cast how can it not be a Movie on my Watchlist for the future. Jessie Buckley I can vouch for she was really good in Fingernails even though I had problems with that film especially late but she was good thoughout no doubt. I still need to see Men I remember liking those Trailers maybe I can get in that Film by the end of the Week.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So this is a bit of a hot take I've stated in the past, but I'm 100% of the opinion that Exorcist III is a better movie than Exorcist 1, and arguably a better story.
Tempted to give this one a watch to see if I feel the same way. I've never really watched any of the Exorcist sequels, I think I maybe started up the 2nd movie at one point and never finished it. So I just assumed all the sequels were that bad. :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think it'd be hard to beat the original for me though. Just because of a lot of factors. I watched it when I was younger and that memory never leaves you. So even now it scares the crap out of me still.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Tempted to give this one a watch to see if I feel the same way. I've never really watched any of the Exorcist sequels, I think I maybe started up the 2nd movie at one point and never finished it. So I just assumed all the sequels were that bad. :lol
3 has the virtue of being directed and written by the author of the first movie, has an all-star cast of George C. Scott and Brad Dourif, and has one of the best all-time scares in movie history.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd have to watch them again but I've always preferred III to the original for entertainment value. Not sure if that makes it a better movie, but it would definitely be the first one I'd watch of the two.

Exorcist II on the other hand? Ouch.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Exorcist II is rough for sure.

Exorcist III is fun, Brad Douriff and George C. Scott kill it in that one.