Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MV5BMjAwMjU3ODA4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTkwNTUyMDI@._V1_.jpg

I watched this on Netflix. Enjoyed it for the most part, but it's very low budget. It's a spin-off of the Amateur Night segment from the anthology VHS movie. That was probably my favourite segment out of them all, so I was very interested in this for that reason alone. I thought it was a solid creature feature. Very bizarre & weird at times. The actress was great in VHS too.

Not sure I'd really recommend it to vast majority of people because the acting is not that great, and it's just fuckin' weird as hell at parts which might put some people off. I dug it though. Been a while since I watched an entertaining creature type movie.

@Kiffy Pop You might like this if you haven't seen it yet. Not only for the VHS connection, but I know you don't mind low budget horror movies.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You got more horror on lock for quite a bit. I still haven't finished Archive 81.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Part 1 of Fear Street from 1994 was a pretty great watch for me. You for sure alot of homage to the 90s Horror and I like how they used Supernatural abilities of a Witch that won't die vs Joe Schmoe down the Street. Maya Hawke and Julia Rehwald deaths were heartbreaking especially Hawke who I thought for sure would get away and be saved but not today Jose. I'm interesting in the next two parts on how this Curse and Witch came together.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Everyone go watch Titane, and I am glad that the New French Extremity is coming back

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Part 1 of Fear Street from 1994 was a pretty great watch for me. You for sure alot of homage to the 90s Horror and I like how they used Supernatural abilities of a Witch that won't die vs Joe Schmoe down the Street. Maya Hawke and Julia Rehwald deaths were heartbreaking especially Hawke who I thought for sure would get away and be saved but not today Jose. I'm interesting in the next two parts on how this Curse and Witch came together.
I absolutely adored Part 1. The opening in the Mall with Maya Hawke really reminded me of Scream especially. I love that they took a lot of inspiration from that, and it definitely like I was watching a good ol' 90's slasher flick. I think you'll enjoy the second part. It has the Max actress from Stranger Things (Sadie Sink) who puts on a really good performance, and it has a Friday the 13th vibe with the camp setting.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I absolutely adored Part 1. The opening in the Mall with Maya Hawke really reminded me of Scream especially. I love that they took a lot of inspiration from that, and it definitely like I was watching a good ol' 90's slasher flick. I think you'll enjoy the second part. It has the Max actress from Stranger Things (Sadie Sink) who puts on a really good performance, and it has a Friday the 13th vibe with the camp setting.

Yeah I wanted to save Maya from that Scene worked me into a shoot that she didn't survive.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished Fear Street 1978 and we've got another good Movie here. Poor Tommy he seemed like a nice fellow before he got cursed and possessed by the Witch to go on a killing spree of Campers from Camp Nightwing. Cindy did what I would of done no matter how frustrated or hate a Sibling you defend them because like the Book says I am my Brother's Keeper. Welp now the kids need to get the Hand and Body of Witch back together but did Deena go back in time to 1666 oh shit!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
1666 was a trip, have fun. I thought all the trilogy was very solid. Shame not all Netflix horror releases are this consistently good. They definitely found a good groove with Fear Street, and I'd like to see more things dropping on the service like that.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
1666 was a trip, have fun. I thought all the trilogy was very solid. Shame not all Netflix horror releases are this consistently good. They definitely found a good groove with Fear Street, and I'd like to see more things dropping on the service like that.

Just finished up Part 3 1666 and it was a good ending to the Trilogy for sure. I did not expect Nic Goode and his Family being the reason for that chaos over the Years but I should of taken Nic not telling the Cops the truth towards the end of 1978 more so than him just protecting Sarah. Love that the Occult Book was taken which means Part 4 because we only saw one of the things from that thing Curse the Town imagine the other stuff in that Book that could take it to another level. It could be anyone who took that Book and or someone new aligned to the Goode family who knows.

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BOTQ1ZWRkOTYtOGM1Zi00NzVlLTk0ODMtNzZlZDQwNjMwNzRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

This has elements of The Ring & Grudge for me. I was getting those vibes watching it. Very atmospheric horror movie, that manages to be creepy and there's basically no jump scares at all. I wish more horror movies were like this, just pure atmosphere & making you unnerved. That sort of stuff honestly scares me more. I'm assuming this didn't have a big budget, but I didn't even notice it, and it's way better than a lot that have much higher budgets.

Shane Carruth was pretty excellent in the lead role, and that's impressive to me seeing as he's not normally an actor as far as I'm aware. I associate him more with directing movies. So this was a pleasant surprise to see him nail it like he did.

I would say this movie does a good job pulling you in, and keeping the mystery going throughout without losing you. Quite the slow burn to begin with, but there's enough creepy moments throughout to where it doesn't feel too slow. I thought the opening parts did a good job setting the scene up as well. Definitely check this one out if you're in to more unknown horror movies that have come out recently. Shout out to Jeremy Childs in this movie too, I don't believe I knew who he was before this but he deserves to be in more horror roles, that's for damn sure.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this as it might interest somebody. Sounds pretty cool. Classic horror flicks always a good time.

Classic entertainment company Shout! Factory is creating a new channel called Scream Factory TV that will feature uncensored horror media 24/7, ScreenRant reports. The channel is expected to launch on April 15.

Most horror fans know of Shout! Factory’s Scream Factory sub-brand as a highly popular media distributor of horror movies' Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital editions since its launch in 2012. The brand focuses on delivering and keeping alive the cult classic horror and sci-fi films that established the genre and gave it a solid place in Hollywood storytelling. However, the company is committed to distributing modern horror tales as well.

Scream Factory TV will show a variety of classic horror, thriller, and science fiction movies such as Bad Moon, Black Christmas, Carnival Of Souls, The Cat O' Nine Tails, Chopping Mall, Class Of 1984, Communion, The Company Of Wolves, The Crush, Dark Star, Day Of The Dead, The Exorcist III, Forbidden World, Galaxy Of Terror, House On Haunted Hill, Humanoids From The Deep, The Last Man On Earth, Magic, Night Of The Demons, Night Of The Living Dead, Nightbreed: Director's Cut, Nosferatu, Piranha (1978), Silent Night, Deadly Night: Part 2, Sleepaway Camp, The Slumber Party Massacre, The Stepfather, Willard, Witchboard, and Witchery upon launch of the new channel. It was also mentioned that Scream Factory TV will feature special events and curated marathons.

The main company, Shout! Factory was founded in 2002 and began as a home video distribution company that released cult classics and fan favorites from an eclectic range of genres, such as Freaks and Geeks and Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Fast-forward 20 years later and the Shout! Factory company has now branched out to include a multi-platform streaming service for classic films and pop culture media, as well as a children's entertainment branch which features something for young people of all ages. Some notable releases include everything from anime, like Tokyo Godfathers, to documentaries such as What We Left Behind: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which included a chat-along with John Champion. They also began releasing original content in 2015 creating a space for independent media to be enjoyed by a wide audience.

Shout! Factory TV content can be found on multiple platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Prime, Pluto TV, Twitch, Xumo, Vewd, and Popcornflix.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Shout has been really successful lately showing alot of Tokusatsu like Kamen Rider etc for newer fans to start up which made Toei look at that interest and say hey let's make our own Youtube Channel for those fans and give them that Content and more. Now they are putting love in Horror I say hell yeah!

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
You got $600 lying around. @Blazer Ramon

chucky-doll.png

Trick or Treat Studios has launched pre-orders on two brand new Chucky collectibles today, including their new “Ultimate Chucky” doll and their plush body replica Good Guys doll!

“Ultimate Chucky” is up for pre-order now for $599.99, and it’s expected to begin shipping this December. Sculpted by Cesar Dacol Jr., the Officially Licensed One-To-One Scale Ultimate Chucky replica has been developed to be the ultimate collectible – offering posable eyes and the ability to change the head and hands to truly customize your display.

The body of the doll is made using soft flexible foam surrounding an industrial strength posable aluminum frame, and the doll stands approximately 29″ tall.

Up for grabs for $199.99, the “Plush Body Good Guy” doll is also shipping this coming December, and it’s a new replica of the classic doll that’s built to be cuddled with.

Trick or Treat Studios details, “A great new option for the super fan who loves to take their Friend on the go or just as an incredible addition to your collection. The Plush Body Good Guy Doll captures that perfect body flop you see in the films when Chucky is pretending to not be alive or being dragged around by Andy. This version features a combination of a soft plush torso and limbs, a new durable fabric outfit, combined with high quality vinyl head, hands, and shoes! The Plush Body Good Guy Doll is approximately 30” long.”

• Wow
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I highly recommend Sean Ellis' The Cursed.
Very well made horror movie in a historical setting.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So dope. Never Hike Alone was a very good fan film, and this is apparently going to be feature length.

billhunt_poster.png

It was just one month ago that fan film Never Hike Alone 2 began its Indiegogo fundraising campaign, and this week the feature film sequel has been successfully funded in full.

A press release sent out this afternoon announces, “The film met its Indiegogo fundraising goal of $150,000 just two days prior to the scheduled closure of the campaign on April 15, 2022. Funding is closing in on $170,000 as the primary campaign is set to close on Friday night at midnight. Meeting the goal qualifies the campaign to remain open in order to raise funds towards stretch goals like extra kill scenes and an additional short prequel film.”

“The work has already begun,” according to director Vincente DiSanti. “We have already had a table read and scouted a majority of our locations. The concept art by FX legend Bill Hunt is out of this world. There is a lot of work ahead to prepare us for shooting, but we are excited to show horror audiences a whole new level of what our team is capable of.”

DiSanti and his crew are scheduled to film Never Hike Alone 2 this summer and have a targeted release date sometime in the fall of 2022. This is all due to the contributions from over 1,850 backers from over 32 different countries around the world.

“None of this is possible without them. We cannot thank Friday fans enough for granting us this opportunity and flooding the campaign with so much support. The same gratitude can be extended to the franchise rights holders who have been gracious enough to allow the community to participate in projects like this without interfering. Fan films get a lot of hate, but how can anyone deny the positive impact they have on the community?”

Set three months after 2020’s winter set prequel Never Hike in the Snow, Never Hike Alone 2 picks up with Crystal Lake’s haunted son, TOMMY JARVIS (Thom Mathews), who has all but given up on his search for the long lost JASON VOORHEES (Vincente DiSanti).

However, when Tommy receives an emergency call to pick up injured hiker KYLE MCLEOD (Andrew Leighty), he will once again come face-to-face with the ghost of Crystal Lake, setting into motion a blood-soaked conclusion to their deadly rivalry.

Caught between the chaos is DR. DIANA HILL (Anna Campbell), still searching for answers to her son’s disappearance, and the ever stubborn SHERIFF RICK COLOGNE (Vinny Guastaferro), convinced Tommy is responsible for it all.