Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Ruinsposter.jpg

Watched a film called The Ruins today. Pretty good! It was trending on Netflix so I thought I'd check out it out. Thought the plot was very unique, not often you see a movie about deadly vines. They managed to pull it off pretty well. I also felt it had some great vibes similar to The Descent, especially the whole claustrophobic feeling you get from a lot of the movie. My only gripe with it would be the characters felt a bit grating to watch after a while. I think they could have done a better job making them more likeable to the viewer.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Earlier today I watched before watching Football I watched Silver Bullet for the first time ever. Based from Stephen King's mind and I really enjoyed this one. I loved the first person view with The Werewolf and you only get to see the Werewolf in it's glory late. I didn't expect that twist of the Reverend being the Werewolf. I should of thought of him being the Beast but I just thought of his Dream being a nightmare that I imagine everyone in the Town was having at the time. It makes you think if you have a family member or loved one that gets killed you would go into the mode of the Town folk wanting to kill and not rely on the Cops? I'm the oldest of four brothers and if my brother was killed I can't say I wouldn't lose it like Brady's Father did after his Murder. A truly intense ending in this one as well especially once Marty and Gang find out who is the Werewolf check it out people if you haven't already.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I like The Season of the Witch Series idea maybe give us 8 Episodes rather 6 I feel. Still Halloween 3 is a very underated Horror Film and you could do wonders with a Series and what you could do in front of the Camera today for sure.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Halloween III was horrible though...

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'll brook no Halloween III disrespect around here! It's a... pretty alright movie, maybe not a masterpiece, but perfectly fine.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Nah Season of the Witch was pretty bad, Id put Resurrection over that one, and Resurrection wasnt that good either lol.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Ew no lol, Resurrection is terrible. At least Season of the Witch was creative and true to Carpenter's original vision for the series.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Nah Season of the Witch was pretty bad, Id put Resurrection over that one, and Resurrection wasnt that good either lol.
Halloween III is great though

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Halloween III was a fresh idea and was supposed to start something interesting instead of what happen to the franchise as a whole.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I think the biggest issue with Season of the Witch was that Halloweeen 2 happened first. I imagine if Season of the Witch happened before H2, the series probably would have been more faithful to the original concept.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I think the biggest issue with Season of the Witch was that Halloweeen 2 happened first. I imagine if Season of the Witch happened before H2, the series probably would have been more faithful to the original concept.

Facts if it was called anything not named Halloween for sure people wouldn't be comparing to anything in the franchise. I would love a Series with Season of the Witch would be pretty crazy for sure. I'm deciding right now some new stuff to watch I haven't seen before in the Horror World. Crazy I've only see the first two Friday the 13ths and I don't think I've watched the Texas Chainsaw Movies at all. Anyone see the Pumpkinhead Movies might want to watch those as well.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Almost finished up with Masters of Horror first season and I really cannot recommend this show enough. If you're a horror buff, you will love it. It was such a genius concept to have so many big name directors come together and each make an hour long feature. Not every episode is perfect, but there's so many interesting concepts and every episode brings something fresh to the table. So far my favourite episode has been John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns, it had a great story to it and I was surprised to see Norman Reedus in it. I enjoyed the first episode too, it very much had a Hills Have Eyes/Wrong Turn sorta vibe.

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

I think I linked this last year but I'm doing it again because it should be on everyone's watch list.

EDIT: It's Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

The sequel to one of the most acclaimed and respected fan films ever made, Never Hike Alone 2 was unleashed this past Friday the 13th weekend by Womp Stomp Films.

The hotly anticipated sequel essentially serves as an unofficial sequel to Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, featuring the return of Thom Mathews as franchise hero Tommy Jarvis.

Set as a direct sequel to Never Hike Alone (2017) and Never Hike in the Snow (2020), Never Hike Alone 2 picks up with Crystal Lake’s haunted son, TOMMY JARVIS (Thom Mathews), who has all but given up on his search for the long lost JASON VOORHEES (Vincente DiSanti).

However, when Tommy receives an emergency call to pick up injured hiker KYLE MCLEOD (Andrew Leighty), he will once again come face-to-face with the ghost of Crystal Lake, setting into motion a blood-soaked conclusion to their deadly rivalry.

Caught between the chaos is DR. DIANA HILL (Anna Campbell), still searching for answers to her son’s disappearance, and the ever stubborn SHERIFF RICK COLOGNE (Vinny Guastaferro), convinced Tommy is responsible for it all.

Never Hike Alone 2 is written and directed by Vincente DiSanti, and it’s a not-for-profit, fan-funded fan film project that is in no way affiliated with the actual Friday the 13th franchise.