Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finishing up The Nightmare on Elm Street Doc I wanted to watch it all the way through when I finished all the Films. Pretty crazy Heather had a real life Stalker involved in her life and Wes Craven bringing that idea to the Film it made it even more special for me for sure now. It might be my 2nd Fav of the Series outside of Dream Warriors. The idea of Freddy being a Hero and being so beloved rather than someone to be feared is a great concept then you bring in the thought of the Films not being real and now Heather has to take what she learned in the Films to truly stop Freddy man I love it. I first saw the Film on DVD 2003 or 2004 over my Cousins house and I was blown away not even knowing the Movie existed.

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Hard to believe we are already approaching Halloween already. This weekend will be the classics for me. I'm going out on Saturday and a little on Sunday as well maybe, but I'll definitely be relaxing with some classics late Sunday night. Carpenter's Halloween and Scream are lock-ins.

18d5f198b0f0710ce9cc590bbbc5e02feff5d3d7.gifv

Reactions: TeaDrinkingLimey

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Hard to believe we are already approaching Halloween already. This weekend will be the classics for me. I'm going out on Saturday and a little on Sunday as well maybe, but I'll definitely be relaxing with some classics late Sunday night. Carpenter's Halloween and Scream are lock-ins.

18d5f198b0f0710ce9cc590bbbc5e02feff5d3d7.gifv

Yeah time flies fast doesn't it? I've got a Dream Warriors Shirt I'm rocking for Sunday with a Jason Inspired Mask so I've got my bases covered to scare a few people on Sunday. Downloading the first four Scream Films people don't like as much the third film but I like Sidney's Brother wanting to see her killed because of his Childhood being terrible of her not being there;

• Love

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
We wre talking about the Nightmare remake in the chatbox yesterday, I don't think it's too bad. I appreciated the serious tone. I geniunely like the opening part with the Springwood Diner and I wish they'd kept that up throughout. They nailed the atmosphere in this part and then lost it as it went further on.

It’s awful.

Of all the “slasher icon” remakes.

NOES is easily the worst.
I’ve seen it once when it came out and never again.

The remakes of F13th, Halloween, TCM are all better.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It’s awful.

Of all the “slasher icon” remakes.

NOES is easily the worst.
I’ve seen it once when it came out and never again.

The remakes of F13th, Halloween, TCM are all better.

Agree to disagree there, I don't think it's awful by any stretch. I've seen far worse films, although I will say it's definitely the weakest of the big remakes

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I have the four Scream Films ready to watch later tonight it still holds up to me even though you know who are the Killers are after seeing it so many times like I have. AMC has Rob Zombie's Halloween on right now he's very much in the vein of the Michael we've seen in the recent Halloween Films. Dr.Gero would love Michael Myers he doesn't get tired and he never stops till he gets what he wants. Kinda feeling like watching Bride of Chucky as well later.

• Love

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Agree to disagree there, I don't think it's awful by any stretch. I've seen far worse films, although I will say it's definitely the weakest of the big remakes

It really is awful.
And of course there are poorer films out there.
But I’ll never watch it again.

Each to their own.
People have different tastes.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I have the four Scream Films ready to watch later tonight it still holds up to me even though you know who are the Killers are after seeing it so many times like I have. AMC has Rob Zombie's Halloween on right now he's very much in the vein of the Michael we've seen in the recent Halloween Films. Dr.Gero would love Michael Myers he doesn't get tired and he never stops till he gets what he wants. Kinda feeling like watching Bride of Chucky as well later.

Yea, that is what is pretty surprising about Scream. Like I know when Drew Barrymore is going to die in the first film but I still root for her to get away :lol Just goes to show how good the movie is that the tension still lives up

Reactions: TeaDrinkingLimey

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I have this friend I have movie nights with once a month maybe, we have half a dozen of good craft beers and watch three or four movies in the evening. I suggested we have a Halloween night this time and watch The Descent and Howling. He's picking the other two movies.
So we ended up watching :
  • The Exorcist
  • The Howling
  • Cemetary Man
  • Halloween
Pretty cool horror night. Halloween was a first watch for me, I loved it. I'm excited to see the rest of the series.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished Bride of Chucky man do I love this Film. Very much in the vein of the Show were getting since it's started a balance of Comedy and the Chucky of old we all loved growing up.

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Till Death with Megan Fox on Netflix is pretty decent. I would say her movies can be hit or miss, but I really enjoyed this one. It's adequately tense with solid performances. I enjoy movies that take place in one setting mostly, it's easier to follow

I would say it's like a blend of action, horror and thriller. Not a full blown horror flick. Megan is smoking hot as always

2c1ad7e30a49663830ee21c40734f858c4b284b4.gifv

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished The Conjuring: The Devil Made me Do It. It's a pretty scary film if you know the true details of the Case and I knowing that I don't mind them adding spice to the Story with the Witch/Devil Woshiper being the Villain of this.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

You are the first person I have ever met who actually doesn't think it is awful lol

I am so mad that movie exists, and I mean legit mad.

I actually did not like New Nightmare, either, I think the idea was interesting, but, the movie itself is boring to me, however, I would rather watch that than the remake.

I just don't think I will be able to enjoy any Freddy movie without Robert Englund, though. They will obviously have to go down the recasting route again, I do not look forward to that day.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
You are the first person I have ever met who actually doesn't think it is awful lol

I am so mad that movie exists, and I mean legit mad.

I actually did not like New Nightmare, either, I think the idea was interesting, but, the movie itself is boring to me, however, I would rather watch that than the remake.

I just don't think I will be able to enjoy any Freddy movie without Robert Englund, though. They will obviously have to go down the recasting route again, I do not look forward to that day.

Yea, I gathered that :lol

I think it helped that I tried to forget about the Englund movies when I watched it. Don't get me wrong, it has a LOT of problems. I just appreciate little things about it. I like the tone in some areas, like the opening with the Springwood Diner was well done

Replacing Englund was a weird choice because it's not like Freddy needs to look young with all the burnt stuff, they definitely could bring him back if they wanted to and he was up for playing it again in a reboot

Reactions: Lady Redfield