Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
As I watch Windy City Riot from New Japan Pro Wrestling I like to talk about the Alien Franchise. It's had it's ups and down when it comes to Movies but I really enjoy all of them. Early...and I do mean early this Morning I watched the first Alien for the first time in Years. I love how everything is shot especially the Xenomorph. I think what scares all of us I bet is the unknown of where something is. You don't know where the Alien is coming from either direction or up top and it was great to see and hear everyone terrified throughout the Film. Ripley of course a wonderful Character how can you not love her in that Film and Aliens as well. Very intelligent and cool under pressure of course she's in fear like everyone else but when others are like I'm fucked she's like what is next move.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
This was a really great read. 28 Days Later is one of my favourites. They nail a desolate London feel so well, and the infected are damn scary in it. Love the scene when he's picking up all the money from the ground not fully knowing what has happened yet.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A lot of great horror stuff coming out soon. Bloody Disgusting have done a good article covering them all.

I'm personally really excited for The Black Phone with Ethan Hawke.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Black Phone, Firestarter, of course Multiverse of Madness, Nope are for sure Movies I'll looking forward to for sure.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Highly recommend The Sadness (2021) ! It's the bloodiest, most brutal horror movie I have seen since A Serbian Film and that was more than 10 years ago.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Kirby was my favourite character in Scream 4 and I love Hayden. This is such great news.

hayden-panettiere-emma-roberts-scream-4-1642075731.jpg

A quick Easter egg in this year’s Scream revealed that Scream 4 character Kirby Reed (Hayden Panettiere) survived her encounter with Ghostface, leaving fans wondering if we’d see the fan favorite character again in a sequel.

It’s official: Kirby will be back for Scream 6!

THR reports that Panettiere has signed on for the sequel, making her the first legacy character announced so far for the next installment. Panettiere joins the previously announced returning players Melissa Barrera (“Sam,”) Jasmin Savoy Brown (“Mindy,”), Mason Gooding (“Chad,”), and Jenna Ortega (“Tara”).

In the brand new movie, “The Scream saga continues with the four survivors of the Ghostface killings as they leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.”

Plot details, of course, are still under wraps at this time.

At the helm are Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Scream, Ready or Not) with James Vanderbilt (Scream, Murder Mystery) & Guy Busick (Scream, Ready or Not) co-writing the screenplay. Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak are serving as producers (Scream, Ambulance).

Creator Kevin Williamson and the third member of Radio Silence, Chad Villella, are executive producing alongside Spyglass’ Gary Barber and Peter Oillataguerre, Ron Lynch, Cathy Konrad and Marianne Maddalena. Fans can expect the next Scream to release in theatres worldwide on March 31, 2023.

After celebrating the franchise’s 25th Anniversary, Scream [2022] earned a “Certified Fresh” score from Rotten Tomatoes and went on to gross more than $140 million in the worldwide box office to date. Directed by Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett and written by Vanderbilt & Busick from characters created by Williamson, the horror film’s cast included: Melissa Barrera, Kyle Gallner, Mason Gooding, Mikey Madison, Dylan Minnette, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, Marley Shelton, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Sonia Ammar with Courteney Cox, David Arquette and Neve Campbell.

Scream 2022 is available now on Digital, 4k Ultra HD, and Blu-ray and is currently streaming on Paramount +.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Kirby is back and might get a sick death because I'm predicting right now she doesn't survive Scream 6.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
So they're already planning another one?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

All those Easter Eggs especially that Kirby one. Still till this day I wanna see that version of Stu returning in Scream 3 Script.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty cool.

searl.png

As a young kid, Jonathan Searle appeared alongside his real-life brother in Steven Spielberg’s horror classic Jaws, credited as “Boy Swimmer with Cardboard Fin.” All these decades later, in a wild twist of fate that even Hollywood’s top screenwriters couldn’t script, the now 56-year-old Jonathan Searle has just been appointed Police Chief of Oak Bluffs in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, the actual island where Spielberg filmed Jaws back in the 1970s!

Jonathan Searle was voted in as Police Chief of Oak Bluffs just last week, The Vineyard Gazette reports, almost 50 years after a young Searle played a prankster in Spielberg’s Jaws.

“I’m clearly elated and I’m humbled and honored to have been offered the position,” Searle told the Gazette. “It’s something I’ve been working toward my whole career.”

The website provides some background on Searle’s history in law enforcement in the area, “An Island native, Mr. Searle has served in the Edgartown department since 1986, rising through the ranks. His community work is wide-ranging and includes serving as town meeting constable for many years. More recently he helped lead an initiative called Project Outreach, teaming up police officers with recovery coaches to help get Islanders struggling with addiction into treatment programs. He is also the son of a police chief; his father George Searle served as chief in Edgartown from 1981-1995, and had been in the department since 1966.”

Jonathan Searle appeared in Jaws alongside brother Steven Searle, seen below.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

pooh.png

Strange things can start to happen when beloved characters slip into the public domain, and upcoming horror movie Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey sure is a testament to that.

The upcoming horror movie – which is of course not related to Disney in any way, shape or form – turns the anthropomorphic yellow teddy bear into a monstrous murderer. How is this even allowed, you ask? Well, the classic story entered the public domain at the start of this year, which means anyone and everyone is now free to do with Pooh as they please.

Rhys Frake-Waterfield directed Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey, Dread Central discovered this week, and several first-look images suggest a dark and twisted vision.

No plot details are available at this time, but it looks like the movie centers on a killer wearing a Winnie the Pooh mask. Or maybe that’s actually a man-bear hybrid. A twisted version of Piglet also appears in these first look images, so expect a full-on perversion of the classic tale. This one comes courtesy of Jagged Edge Productions, releasing sometime later this year.

The upcoming film’s IMDb page only notes that it’s a “horror retelling of the famous legend of Winnie the Pooh,” and you better believe we’ll be keeping our eyes on this one.

Stay tuned for more as we learn it.

Amber Doig-Thorne, Maria Taylor, and Danielle Scott star in the horror movie.

This is fucking insane and I can't wait to see it. Imagine Tigger in this Coked out of his mind.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Was just about to post this. :wtf

I'll definitely watch, but fair to say I wasn't expecting that. :lol