Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I haven't seen Black Phone yet but I heard it might be some of people's favorite Films of the Year. Love the new Motion Logo it puts you in a mood that you're going to see some crazy stuff about to happen. ^ I have that Film FW in my Downloads never got around to watching it maybe I can get it in tonight!

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Really hope it's better than Halloween Kills, I was pretty underwhelmed not gonna lie

Not a bad movie but yeah I didn't enjoy it as much as Halloween (2018)

With the release just three months away, the marketing campaign for Halloween Ends will begin very soon, Michael’s return dated for theatrical release on October 14, 2022.

Speaking with SYFY Wire this week, John Carpenter – who composed the score alongside Cody Carpenter and Daniel Davies – provides his own little tease while you wait…

You’ll see it’s a departure from the others. It’s interesting. Dave is a really good director. I love working with him,” Carpenter tells the site, playing it coy as always.

Nick Castle, the original Michael Myers, had recently noted that Halloween Ends will be a “surprising” conclusion to David Gordon Green‘s new trilogy, while makeup effects artist Chris Nelson similarly teased that the third installment in the trilogy is “weird” and “different.” All of these descriptions line up with it being a “departure,” which has our interest piqued.

We don’t yet have any plot information, but the ending of Halloween Kills built towards the final confrontation between Laurie and Michael, a battle that will likely take center stage in the trilogy’s final installment. Last year’s movie ended with Michael (seemingly) ending the life of Karen Strode, so the fight between hero and villain is more personal than ever before.

David Gordon Green has recently teased that there will be a four-year time jump from the events of Kills to the events of Ends, and it’s said to be more “intimate” and “contained.”

• Wow
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really enjoyed Halloween Kills and the kills itself I thought were freaking great and I liked the thought of a Town having enough of Michael and wanting to see him dead. I thought it went too over the top though Evil dies tonight went out the Window the moment Michael came back and merked all those fools at the end in beautiful fashion. Karen Strode possibly dying(most likely dead) and Michael staring in the Window as Laurie is staring at the Window I swear it felt like they could see each other. I'm really interested where this could go he's unstoppable at this point should be a damn good finale. Since we are in July I expect some kind of Teaser Trailer by the end of August and maybe another in September somewhere.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Damn Finn Wolfhard already directing a feature film :WOW

Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard and Billy Bryk are set to direct the horror comedy Hell of a Summer for 30West.

Wolfhard and Bryk wrote the script for the indie, and will also star alongside Fred Hechinger. Plot details remain under wraps.

“I am so excited to be co-directing my first feature film. I get the chance to work with an incredible cast and crew, and to work with a company like 30West and Aggregate is a real dream,” Wolfhard, who along with Bryk is a native Canadian, said in a statement.

Hechinger, Jason Bateman, Michael Costigan and Jay Van Hoy will produce the film, with production set to start this month in Ontario, Canada. Aggregate Films and Parts and Labor Production are also producing Hell of a Summer.

In 2020, Wolfhard made his directorial debut with the short film Night Shifts. On screen, he is best known for playing Mike Wheeler in Netflix’s Stranger Things series, which recently released its fourth season, and Richie Tozier in New Line Cinema’s It and It: Chapter Two.

Actor and producer Bryk appeared alongside Wolfhard in Ghostbusters: Afterlife and in Jesse Eisenberg’s When You Finish Saving the World for A24. Hechinger can next be seen in Scott Cooper’s The Pale Blue Eye for Netflix, Butcher’s Crossing with Nicolas Cage, and J.C. Chandor’s Kraven the Hunter, alongside Russell Crowe and Ariana DeBose.

30West is financing and executive producing Hell of a Summer and is handling worldwide rights sales alongside CAA Media Finance.

Wolfhard is repped by CAA and Velocity Entertainment Partners. Hechinger is repped by A3 Artists Agency, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and attorney Ryan LeVine. Bryk is repped by Innovative Artists and Oscars Abrams Zimel & Associates.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
@The Fourth Wall

I swear yesterday I was reading up Halloween Ends getting a Trailer possibly this Week if not very soon. Did you hear any of those rumors today?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm totally down with Samara Weaving in a Scream movie, I was pretty impressed with her acting range in The Babysitter and Ready or Not

Ghostface returns to theaters with the sixth installment in the Scream franchise next year and this time the surviving characters are heading to New York!

The film is already deep into production and yet the entire cast has not been revealed. In fact, Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report that horror maven Samara Weaving (Ready or Not, Mayhem, The Babysitter, “Ash vs Evil Dead”) has joined the cast of Scream 6 alongside Spider-Man: Homecoming & No Way Home‘s Tony Revolori.

Interestingly, Radio Silence’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Scream, Ready or Not), who are both back behind the camera for the sixth film, had initially reached out to Weaving for a role in the last film.

“We were talking about it, but our schedules aren’t gonna work, which is a bummer,” Weaving had told Collider back in 2020. “We talked about it a lot, but unfortunately, because of scheduling, I couldn’t do it.”

Stars have aligned on Scream 6, which will also feature the highly anticipated return of Hayden Panettiere as Scream 4‘s Kirby Reed. Courteney Cox will also reprise her role as fan-favorite Gale Weathers.

Melissa Barrera (“Sam”), Jasmin Savoy Brown (“Mindy”), Mason Gooding (“Chad”), Jenna Ortega (“Tara”), and Dermot Mulroney are all confirmed for the next installment of Spyglass Media and Paramount Pictures’ Scream film franchise.

Jack Champion (Avatar: The Way of Water), Liana Liberato (The Beach House), Devyn Nekoda (“Ghostwriter”), Josh Segarra (“Arrow), and Henry Czerny (Ready or Not) also star.

In the brand new movie, “The Scream saga continues with the four survivors of the Ghostface killings as they leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter.”

Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein, and William Sherak are serving as producers (Scream, Ambulance).

Creator Kevin Williamson and the third member of Radio Silence, Chad Villella, are executive producing alongside Spyglass’ Gary Barber and Peter Oillataguerre, Ron Lynch, Cathy Konrad, and Marianne Maddalena. Fans can expect the next Scream to release in theatres worldwide on March 31, 2023.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@The Fourth Wall

I swear yesterday I was reading up Halloween Ends getting a Trailer possibly this Week if not very soon. Did you hear any of those rumors today?
Looks like you were right! :D Finally I can make a thread for it soon when they release the trailer and everything, interested to see how it looks

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm totally down with Samara Weaving in a Scream movie, I was pretty impressed with her acting range in The Babysitter and Ready or Not

Never seen either Film but I just saw the Trailer for The Babysitter:vince2

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Bruh how is this a reality, pure nightmare fuel:lol

pooh-1.png

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Never seen either Film but I just saw the Trailer for The Babysitter:vince2
Oh you would LOVE The Babysitter, HoHo. I can't recommend it enough, it's got Bella Thorne in there as well, just saying :tommy

Sequel is pretty fun as well I would say

• Love

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Bruh how is this a reality, pure nightmare fuel:lol

pooh-1.png

I was sold before and I'm now even more so with that Article I read. Daddy tell me about Winnie The Pooh Blood and Money :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This sounds pretty intriguing, I love horror documentaries :garrett

NIGHTMARE-FUEL-24x36-creepyduck-scaled.jpg

Hellmouth Pictures has announced another horror documentary exploring new corners of the genre, and this time they’ve set their sights on the traumatic horror of our youth.

Nightmare Fuel is the latest horror documentary to enter development and production from producer Kieran Nolan Jones’ Hellmouth Pictures label.

The feature documentary “is an upcoming feature length documentary to explore inadvertently macabre and traumatizing children’s movies and gateway horror cinema.”

“Featuring interviews with filmmakers & scholars, Nightmare Fuel will charter the history and evolution of horror movies made for children, unintentional trauma in children’s films, the psychological benefits of the horror movies that shaped our childhood and the societal fears of each generation of children which manifests itself on screen.”

Nightmare Fuel isn’t the only horror doc announced as in development by Hellmouth Pictures. We can also look forward to the label unwrapping Yuletide Horror and heading back to high school with Teen Screams.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Lost Boys is something I watch every Year around Octoberfest for sure. I feel like a Lost Boy in some ways still trying to weave through life never knowing what path to take.