Horror Opinions...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Hey guys, after looking at the picks for the Battle of the Scary Movies, as well as some of the comments, I am curious to find out what everyone thinks makes up a great scary movie...

What elements create the perfect scary movie, and if you want, give some examples.

Personally, I will admit right now that some of the movies that have had people scratching their heads are ones that I picked (FvJ, 30 Days, and House on Haunted Hill as a few examples). That being said, I enjoy scary movies, but there are some older ones that just don't give me the fright as some of the newer ones have, although any people argue that the quality of newer movies isn't that great.

So, post away...

Joey

Reaction score
Some of my favorites are,

I know some of these could e considered Thriller/Mystery

Psycho
Blair Witch Project
Insidious
The Silence Of The Lambs
The Shining
Halloween
28 Days Later
World War Z
The Birds
Eraserhead
The Thing

Just to name a few

To be completely honest, i like artsy cinema. I think alot of it comes down to the way you film, filters, angles and such. It really depends who you talk to though. I like psychological thrillers and stuff like that, I like when a horror film explores different types of "scary". I'd also point out that making a film easily predictable can ruin a horror piece for me.

check my style, ch-ch-check it out

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Psycho is pretty much the perfect horror movie, so I'd say that's what constitutes a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk