Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just got done listening to Meek Mill's Dreams & Nightmare album and here is my review

1. Dreams & Nightmare - This is a really dope intro. I like how the 2 beats and the lyrics reflected dreams and nightmares thought that was creative. 10/10

2. In God We Trust - Nice follow up track after the intro. Really good hard beat and Meek brought the intensity to fit with probably the best hook on the album. 9/10

3. Young And Getting - Don't like this track and it isn't growing on me at all. Just seems like he tried to hard to make a hit. 4/10

4. Traumatized - Beat is dope as hell and overall is one of the best tracks on the whole album. 10/10

5. Believe It - Pretty boring track overall with a wack hook and meh verse from Ross. Very skipable track. 3/10

6. Maybach Curtains - Thought this was a Justice League produced track at first with how it sounded since it had that vibe. Pretty good track that Meek did good on but Nas stole the show on the song. 9/10

7. Amen - Song is alright but it's not a track I like to go back and listen to. 6/10

8. Young Kings - Really liked the hook on this and overall is one of the better tracks on the album. 9/10

9. Lay Up - I like the beat just thought the verses could have been better and is a obvious radio track. 5.5/10

10. Tony Story PT. 2 - Love this track with some nice storytelling from him over a damn good beat. One of the highlights. Meek needs to hook up with Boi-1da more as he showed out with his production on this album. 10/10

11. Who Your Around - Good choice using MJB for this as she fit it pretty well. Meek did a pretty good job with this. 8/10

12. Polo & Shell Tops - Only thing I wasn't feeling on this track was the hook. Should have had a much better hook. Outside of that really good verses with a hard amazing beat. 9/10

13. Rich & Famous - Meh skip song does nothing for me. 2/10

14. Real smurfs Come First - Love the sample flip on what seems to be Electric Light Orchestra's "Tighrope". Pretty good track to get you hyped. 9/10

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I preordered the deluxe version on iTunes. I'll be getting it tomorrow. I like Young and Getting It, but Burn is a solid track that I love as well from the deluxe album.

I also recently bought Lace Up (What I Do, D3mons, Hold On are fire), Napalm (Xzibit kills it on Gangsta Gangsta), Quality Street Music (like the whole CD) and Good Kid MAAD City (love it especially Poetic Justice and Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe) all deluxe editions and am happy with the purchases.

I finally downloaded the dedication 4 too as my barber sent me the file thru Dropbox

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
D4 not even worth streaming let alone the download but good to see you bought great albums like GKMC and Napalm two of the best albums of the year.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I couldn't go without Xzibit, MGK, Kendrick, Drama, or Meek new joints. I had to support them via ITunes. The last full albums I bought before them was Futures Pluto.

Next album I but after this will be Boosies when he gets released most likely. That is if Fab don't drop an album first

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Next albums I'm looking forward to next is ASAP Rocky's album, the 2 9th Wonder projects (one with Buckshot & one with Murs) and Wiz Khalifa's despite being kind of let down by Rolling Papers. As well as T.I's Trouble Man which I'm hoping the rest of the songs sound much better than the singles which do nothing for me.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I always get TIs singles never a whole album. Same with Wiz as a lot of his shit doesn't appeal to me, seems to me like you have to be wasted to truly enjoy him.

Ryan

Reaction score
Green Ranger is the only good song on D4. Meek's album has a lot to live up to after the release of Kendrick's album. Obviously, it isn't going to be as good, but I think that Meek will live up to what people expect from him. Maybach Curtains is pretty hot although I have to say John Legend just seems out of place on that track.

Big Sean announced today that he's releasing his next album Hall of Fame: Memoirs of a Detroit Player on December 18. I expect that to be pretty good.

Here's a leak from the album:
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/big-sean-guap-song.1045207.html

There's another song that leaked unfinished called She produced by No I.D.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
GKMC is my album of the year but Meek's album is really good though and up there as one of my favorites. Would have been much better minus a few tracks.

Big Sean dropped his first single for that album thought it was solid pretty good for a single.

[video=youtube;wJ6y5nIW26E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6y5nIW26E[/video]

Ryan

Reaction score
GKMC is my album of the year but Meek's album is really good though and up there as one of my favorites. Would have been much better minus a few tracks.

Big Sean dropped his first single for that album thought it was alright.

[video=youtube;wJ6y5nIW26E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6y5nIW26E[/video]

Lol just edited my post to include that. Song is decent at best. Big Sean raps too much of the same. Even though I like him he needs to change his shit up a bit.

As I said, I like Maybach Curtains. I'll probably give Dreams & Nightmares a listen but Wale is really the only MMG rapper I'm a fan of.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm sure Sean will have much better stuff on the album hopefully he gets more beats from Key wane to produce tracks like Pot of gold and has production from Kanye on it too.

As for Meek I'll think it'll surprise you as for me anyways the album was better than I thought it'd be. Maybach Curtains is really good but Tony Story Pt 2 is the best track for me.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;nZh2zu3VlOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZh2zu3VlOQ&feature=g-u-u[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;ynvK5WboZXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ynvK5WboZXk#![/video]

One of my favorite songs right now.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;JQZPXjX181A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JQZPXjX181A#![/video]

Cube still one of the best ever on speaking on social & political issues.