Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's not even the case anyways when you look at hip hop as a whole. There is all kinds of music out there you just can't listen to the radio and think that is all there is.

Killswitch

Reaction score
[video=youtube;V2vtiFZ7nrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2vtiFZ7nrs[/video]

This was absolutely beautiful. Hip-Hop in its truest form.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah like Cube sounds the same as well.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah it sucks that people get older i know, i also hate when people comment on Hip hop/rap these days sure its all the same but if you don't like it don't listen.

It's kind of hard to ignore music that is constantly shoved down your throat when you want to listen to music.

Am I wrong for saying that rap sounds the same these days? I don't think I'm out of line for saying so. The simple fact remains, that the majority of mainstream rap, (I refuse to call any of it hip hop since that motherfucker died after BET stopped airing it.) are about the same subject matter sprinkled with thesaurus definitions and vaguely clever cliches.

How about some 19-25 yr old rapper come out with something better than talking about having money, since let's be honest, no internet rapper makes any money. The game is full of perpetrators, sweater vest wearing clowns who care more about their sunglasses then about making real music.

Sorry if I don't think anyone new can measure up to Rakim, D.O.C, Big L, Nas or almost anyone from the 90s. Notice that the people I name-dropped all were different and talked about different subject matter? Also were dope as fuck.

Deuce

Reaction score
Tyga from Young Money was arrested for traffic violations in Las Vegas over the weekend. During a routine traffic stop the Las Vegas police determined the 22 year old, Tyga, born Michael Stevenson had failed to take care of four previous traffic violations. The violations include driving without a license, no registration, unlawful acts of financial responsibility. They kept him in jail overnight and released him the following day.

Tyga is currently on tour promoting his upcoming album Carless World: The Rise of the Last King which is due out later this month.

I'm a fan of Tyga and found this so I thought I'd post it, they guy must learn how to abide the law, well at least when he drives....

Killswitch

Reaction score
[video=youtube;vbxcPy1qJTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU[/video]

"sit out side a busta crib wait til that muthafucka leave walk him back up in his crib and put him on his motha fuckin knees".

Gibbs goes in, hopefully it's a big year for him. These two could go in on a album.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's kind of hard to ignore music that is constantly shoved down your throat when you want to listen to music.

Am I wrong for saying that rap sounds the same these days? I don't think I'm out of line for saying so. The simple fact remains, that the majority of mainstream rap, (I refuse to call any of it hip hop since that motherfucker died after BET stopped airing it.) are about the same subject matter sprinkled with thesaurus definitions and vaguely clever cliches.

How about some 19-25 yr old rapper come out with something better than talking about having money, since let's be honest, no internet rapper makes any money. The game is full of perpetrators, sweater vest wearing clowns who care more about their sunglasses then about making real music.

Sorry if I don't think anyone new can measure up to Rakim, D.O.C, Big L, Nas or almost anyone from the 90s. Notice that the people I name-dropped all were different and talked about different subject matter? Also were dope as fuck.
Like I said this is a new age so judging hip hop on the radio which isn't even the main source of music anymore isn't accurate. There are a lot of young rappers out there who talk about subject matter in J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Trae Tha Truth, Big K.R.I.T etc. We now have the luxury of having music opened up because of the internet. A rapper now can only be shoved down your throat if you allow it to happen and look at mainstream as the only rap out there when it isn't. Yeah I agree mainstream rap is at a low point and needs to be a lot better but if there is something u don't like out there don't listen to it and listen to something you do.

I love 90's rap as much as anybody but I don't hold it against today's music just like I don't think the people who grew up in the 80's shouldn't hold the 80's against the 90's. I don't even fully blame the artist themselves for the state of mainstream hip hop I blame the people who buy the music because they can control what the main content is. If the people buy money, clothes and hoes that is what is gonna be the it thing to do rather than speak on real issues.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;vbxcPy1qJTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU[/video]

"sit out side a busta crib wait til that muthafucka leave walk him back up in his crib and put him on his motha fuckin knees".

Gibbs goes in, hopefully it's a big year for him. These two could go in on a album.
Got into him a few years ago one of my favorite modern day artist.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Like I said this is a new age so judging hip hop on the radio which isn't even the main source of music anymore isn't accurate. There are a lot of young rappers out there who talk about subject matter in J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Trae Tha Truth, Big K.R.I.T etc. We now have the luxury of having music opened up because of the internet. A rapper now can only be shoved down your throat if you allow it to happen and look at mainstream as the only rap out there when it isn't. Yeah I agree mainstream rap is at a low point and needs to be a lot better but if there is something u don't like out there don't listen to it and listen to something you do.

I love 90's rap as much as anybody but I don't hold it against today's music just like I don't think the people who grew up in the 80's shouldn't hold the 80's against the 90's. I don't even fully blame the artist themselves for the state of mainstream hip hop I blame the people who buy the music because they can control what the main content is. If the people buy money, clothes and hoes that is what is gonna be the it thing to do rather than speak on real issues.

It's pretty difficult to name drop rappers these days, since there are over 5 million "rappers" littering hip hop sites almost daily. I don't care about internet rappers who can't get their own family to listen to them let alone anyone else. It's up to mainstream rappers to stop looking for the bottom line and tell DJ's who expect ass shaking tunes and payment to play rapper tracks to fuck off.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They aren't nobody internet rappers, lol. J. Cole is one of the best lyrical rappers out there who speaks on real shit as much as anyone and so far his albums sales are having mainstream success. Tyler The creator is as different as anyone out there and he is one of the more popular rappers of today and has had success with one of his albums without having to go through a label. So you're making a mistake thinking these dudes I'm naming off have no name value in hip hop and are just random guys when they aren't and just working the internet to their advantage to make the kind of music they want to make rather than what's hot in the mainstream.

And again this isn't the 90's so he can tell a DJ all he wants not to spin this or that and it won't matter the fans will still listen to what they want to listen to and make some other artist some money simple as that. The biggest source of mainstream music isn't a club, a radio or even a CD it's been I-tunes and things of that nature. It's gonna get to the point where I wouldn't surprise me if they stopped making CDs and just did everything digitally.

Killswitch

Reaction score
[video=youtube;-mw_75MKtQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mw_75MKtQo[/video]

One Be Lo is amazing his punch lines are what other artist dream of having. The first time I heard this track the first thing that came to mind was perfection there are no flaws in his lyrics. If you've never heard this song OMG you're missing out.

Killswitch

Reaction score
[video=youtube;YpdX14zmQtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpdX14zmQtI[/video]

K.R.I.T taking it to the next level here this boy is defiantly holding down the south. He needs to get out of Mississippi and go mainstream.

PY.

Reaction score
Any of y'all ever hear of Tory Lanez? Do0d's nasty.

[youtube]lT8cw9iwU7M[/youtube]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Some parts of it were meh when he slowed down but the dude's fast flow is pretty slick.