Hi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

By-Tor

Reaction score
Howdy folks. Some of you may know me as CT Baker from my 3+ years of on and off postings at another forum (hiya Pumpt, Veritas, ThomC and others I may have missed in my 10 minutes here). I found this place on a hint from Veritas and some crack detective work.

I was a wrestling fan for 22 years. I say 'was' because my interest in current wrestling is non-existent, and has been more or less at that level for the past two years. Why you ask? Words like, "CM Punk, Great Khali, Jack Swagger, The Miz and Seamus; all recent World Champions" are a good starter. Add that to the fact that some of my all time favorites like Shawn Michaels, JBL, Ric Flair and Mick Foley are either retired or slumming away in TNA (which is even worse) and you see why I might not have much interest in the current product.

WWE got boring. It isn't what it used to be. TNA never was very good. ROH peaked like 5 years ago. Non-ROH indy wrestling either paled in comparison by being a cheap copy of the big dog, or just plain sucked. I never could get into Puro and never really bothered with Lucha.

I'm sure you're asking yourselves "What's a guy who doesn't even watch wrestling anymore doing signing up at a wrestling forum?" I wouldn't blame you for that. Well, here's the deal.....Sometimes I get bored, or just like to reminisce about memories of wrestling past. The majority of my 22 years as a fan was spent as a diehard wrestling fanatic. I was the type of guy who hated to miss even an episode of WWF Superstars or Challenge growing up, knew all kinds of excruciating minutiae about most every wrestler, drove 100 miles several times a year to watch ECW or some Indy show, bought most PPVs, watched every Raw or Smackdown, thought the WWF vs. WCW war was slightly more important than life and death, bought wrestling tapes, and made all kinds of wrestling related lists. In short, I was a world class wrestling nerd.

I like to think I'm a fountain of knowledge when it comes to wrestling. I'm also very opinionated. I'll argue my points 'til I'm blue in the face. Then I'll argue some more.

My all-time favorite promotion is WWF/E. I was also a huge fan of 80s NWA, ECW and old-school Memphis. I watched WCW, ROH, Mid-South, TNA, AWA, SMW...well, just about every US-based wrestling promotion that mattered (and many that didn't) over the past 25 years. My all-time favorite wrestlers are Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Owen Hart. I consider Flair to be THE greatest ever, with Michaels, Bret and Austin providing the strongest competition.

To be honest, I don't know how much I'll be around. If I like it here, I'll show up frequently. If not, I'll quietly disappear into the sunset.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I do admit the older wrestlers were very good, but WWE cant hold on to them forever. TNA just needed the hype. WWE honestly needs to give all their newer guys the spotlight so they can BE like those guys(legends).By younger, i do mean cena, orton etc. as well as guys like Kofi and ziggler/bryan. WWE is much different now then when WWF etc. was around.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Welcome. If you have any questions or need anything ask somebody other than me.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Oh, and just as an aside.

One day, likely soon, somebody here is going to break your balls. Whether or not you can last here will depend on how you react to the ball busting. I will give you no other advice beyond that. Mostly because I don't wanna take away all their/my fun.

Axis

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I still watch today's product casually, but I've been going back and watching some old NWA/WCW PPVs recently. I haven't watched as long as you, so for me watching some of the old NWA and Memphis shows have been a real treat. Hope you enjoy it here and give some good insight from your experienced perspective.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Welcome. Don't get scared away by certain members.
People who came from Pumpt's forum so far have proved to be quite valuable.

seX-Power

Reaction score
I didn't really read your introduction, but welcome nevertheless. Have fun ;D

By-Tor

Reaction score
Oh, and just as an aside.

One day, likely soon, somebody here is going to break your balls. Whether or not you can last here will depend on how you react to the ball busting. I will give you no other advice beyond that. Mostly because I don't wanna take away all their/my fun.

I don't mind people attempting to bust my balls, so to speak. I can take it as well as I dish it out. My problems tend to stem from other people not being able to take my ball busting. This is what just got me banned from Pumpt's old forum. Damned humorless tyrants.....

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I don't mind people attempting to bust my balls, so to speak. I can take it as well as I dish it out. My problems tend to stem from other people not being able to take my ball busting. This is what just got me banned from Pumpt's old forum. Damned humorless tyrants.....

Then I guess you'll find yourself at home here.

Reaction score
Welcome. Don't get scared away by certain members.
People who came from Pumpt's forum so far have proved to be quite valuable.

Only Veritas. The others haven't done much, if anything, to be dubbed "quite valuable". They aren't useless, but they aren't assets just yet. And then there's Uncle Saucey...

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Only Veritas. The others haven't done much, if anything, to be dubbed "quite valuable". They aren't useless, but they aren't assets just yet. And then there's Uncle Saucey...

Compared to many of our ''veterans'' who have done little to nothing in the last months, even the others are valuable.
Uncle Saucey is kinda the black sheep.

Ramon

Reaction score
Hello
I am Zeshan from Asia.I am 21 years old currently doing MBA.I am a regular user of the internet.I love watching English movies.I am new to this forum.Forums are a great source for getting information and sharing your ideas with others.