Hello!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm nearing thirty now and started following Wrestling in late 1990, although my first actal experience watching it was on ITV in the late eighties as me and my family watched World Of Sport, but I don't think I was really into it back then.

It was watching the 90 Survivorseries round a neighbours house which first got me hooked, so I started watching more shows, and also got into WCW, collecting Video Tapes and Magazines and finding out more about the history of the promotions and more about Wrestling as a whole.

I guess the most exciting time for me since I've been watching has been the Monday Night Wars era of the late 90's, with both companies doing their upmost to out stage each other, and the competive nature made the work rate of the Wrestlers all the more interse, and created great intrest and some of the finest matches, feuds and PPV's of the era. ECW's sucess as the third promotion also kept things intresting for awhile. Although looking back I also have a great fondness for the eighties, it was maybe truly the golden period for Wrestling, with the territy systerm at its best, and some of the most creative minds, and best natural talents in ring.

Nowadays Wrestling at the top is poorer for the lack of competion, the last ten years has been terrible in WWE. TNA for a while provided a very good alteritive, but is now on the road to no where, and things will stay like that while Bishoff, Hogan and Russio are around. Luickily there are more intresting stuff going on in the form of ROH, Dragon Gate and many of the UK promotions I have started to follow over the last ten years. Anyway I hope to be talking all this and more with you very soon

Take care

Keith.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Welcome to WrestlingSmarks Keith!

Fantastic introduction, very detailed and it is nice to learn a bit about the members who sign up and post on the forums. I look forward to seeing your posts in the Independent section especially so I can learn a bit more about the independent promotions around the world. I read in the other thread that you joined after seeing the add in Powerslam which is great since it means the add is in the magazine and hopefully will bring in some new members. We are a new forum here and are slowly growing and it is always great to have new members join.

Welcome to the community and I look forward to talking with you around the forum. If you are someone who likes to write then maybe you can write a Review or a Column for the front page of the website. Have fun posting here and if you have any questions then please don't hesistate to contact me.

Troy

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Yes! Another knowledgeable fan. As a man who loves the 80's and beyond it is cool to add people familiar with the period. Take a look at my PPV reviews on the main site and tell me what you think.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Will do Scott, and yes Troy I was thinking of doing some writting for the site also.