Hell in a Cell 2010 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
All in all, i said it before, probably one of my favorite PPV's of the year. Next to Wrestlemania for me. Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like Danielson is bringing a little prestiage back to the US title, actually making it somewhat relevant at the moment. Great way to open the show. Orton/Shaemus had a very solid title match, which was pretty brutal. Barrett and Cena had a great match, great ending. Wasn't really looking forward to Cena joining Nexus, but whatever. This probably should have ended the show. Edge/Swagger/Del Rio was a nice random throw in the middle to break things up. Taker vs. Kane was alright. Rather lackluster finale to the show, but overall pretty damn good for the WWE.

Axis

Reaction score
WAT.

I honestly thought this was one of the worst WWE PPVs in a very, very long time. The US Title match was great (minus JoMo's fucking Blue contrived spot of "you to stay where you are whilst I climb one piece of scaffolding to jump onto another piece then jump down on to you"), Barrett/Cena was tons of fun, but other than that, um. I'm shocked at anybody calling this show a success.

Montana

Reaction score
Worst PPV's in a long time??? Does Over the Limit, Fatal Fourway, Royal Rumble and SummerSlam count?

Maybe this wasn't that great of a PPV, but the rest of the PPV's this year have been OK at best. Meaningless title matches, with even less important stipulations. I still think you got 4 matches that had some value to it. I really think you are hard pressed to find 4 meaningful matches on any PPV other than Mania. Not bad, considering this show had no build. Just curious, what did you not like about this show too?

Axis

Reaction score
Yes, they happened, so they count.

I hate the pushing of gimmick matches were they do not belong. Sheamus vs Orton should not have been a HIAC match, and it is not even worth taking the time to go through the reasoning behind it. If it is not obvious, then there is no hope. Even with that, the match sucked. Orton is not willing to bump for anybody the way that an opponent of Sheamus' should bump. Whether it's his ego or his ability, it's just not going to happen. Sheamus doing a backbreaker over a set of steel steps as if that did more damage was hilarious awful. It didn't necessarily detract from the match, but it's worth mentioning here because it was so Blue.

Edge vs Swagger was bad, and if the IWF didn't have an unwarranted boner for Edge, that should be obvious. Not to mention, they wasted ten minutes before that on a mediocre, nonsensical segment.

Women wrestled.

I even had problems with Cena vs Barrett. It was good, but it also had several flaws. Notably, they did not book it like it should have been booked: rookie vs Ace. When you watch Pillman vs Flair from 1995, you do not see Pillman outworking Flair. You see Pillman being conniving and sometimes getting lucky and being vicious as hell to keep him down. But Flair and Pillman knew how to work a match, and they didn't rely on relatively lazy road agents like presumably Cena and Barrett did. This was just a match. A good one, but it was still just a match. It did not reflect the underlying storyline. It was not a feud-ending match, so why did they kick out of finishers? Because it got a BIG POP~? Pathetic, lazy storytelling.

Kane vs Undertaker was atrocious. Even before the the horrific ending, it was slow and plodding and it did not reflect the fact that these guys HATE each other. I have been digging this feud a lot, and this was such a let down. Not to mention the fact that the ending made no sense. If Bearer was against 'Taker, why not just NOT return with the urn?! Undertaker was already weak; if he had just not brought back the urn, he could have never beaten Kane. Just poor, poor logic for the sake of a cheap SWERVE~.

So, Cena/Barrett was good and the US Title match was good. That's 30 minutes of good wrestling. In a three-hour show.

Montana

Reaction score
I see your points...

I agree Shaemus / Orton didn't deserve to be in HIAC, however i thought it was a better match than i was expecting. Not a great match, but pretty good.

I looked at Edge/Swagger as a nice bonus. Somewhat unpredictable. I thought the promo in the middle of the show was a nice way to break things up.

Undertaker/Kane was weak, but these did deserve to be in HIAC. And there is a womens match every ppv just about. Sooo, agree to disagree on this one.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Personally, I enjoyed the show...

*Was sceptical to start with cos of the randomness of the stip, but great opener! US titles getting hotter by the week IMO.
*WWE title match was much better than I expected though again Sheamus really did go OTT when giving himself to the RKO... Nice to see the cage itself and a bit of weaponry involved tho'.
*Edge/Swagger kinda passed me by matchwise, but LOL, I like the 'war on stupid' that Edge seems to be waging.
*Cena/Barret - Kinda agree with Axis about how Cena should have looked superior (irrespective of the result) rather than Barret matching Cena hold for hold. Also thought the ending would have made much more sense if Cena had been distracted by the run-in from the WWE guys; leading to Barret getting the win while Cena stood there smiling. Hopefully they really pull the trigger on the 'Cena is Nexus' stuff... I loved the JBL/HBK stuff from a while back but IMO they never went far enough with it (I wish they'd have booked Hunter to fight for HBKs freedom, but that's another time/thread/space).
*Taker/Kane - I want the same kinda feeling I get from a Godzilla movie when I see these two clash and sadly it didn't deliver.... Enjoying the storyline, but the match was nowhere near what it should have been (imagine these two going at it HIAC stylee around 2000!)... Cheap swerve at the end too. Besides... The urn? ...Really? ...R-e-a-l-l-y? Haven't they totally crapped over that gimmick by now? Taker has seemingly been fine (overcoming all sorts of injury and adversity AND even KANE!!!) since we last saw it.

Some of it is funny, but damn, the commentary is a right ol' clusterfuck right now eh? ...Jumping heel > face > heel > face, loads of talking over each other; serving as a distraction from some of the matches). More-so the case with NOChampions but still....

jacksionreo

Reaction score
I like John cena but he lost the last fight in Hell in the cell, i am very disappointed.