Hell in a Cell 2010 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Okay, so you can't do it.

It's just piss poor storytelling. It's a typical case of booking a feud like an 8-year-old would on Smackdown vs Raw. First a regular match, then a hardcore match, then a cage match, then a ladder match, then a HELL IN A CELL~! Tell me, WHY should Sheamus/Orton be in a Hell in a Cell? When have they ever been super violent with each other? Does either of them have a history in HIAC, and wanted an advantage of the other? It's pathetic and lazy storytelling.

Look at an example of good storytelling: the CM Punk vs William Regal in early 2009 for the IC Title. Their first match ended when Regal was DQed, so he kept the title. The stipulation was added that if Regal got DQed, he would lose the title. That stipulation made sense given the circumstances. In the next match Regal faked being low blowed and got Punk DQed, so Punk still didn't get the title. So the stipulation of No DQ was added for their next match. That made sense, given the circumstances. In the No DQ match, Punk final won the title because the playing field was even, and the logical storytelling led to a great moment of Punk overcoming the evil champion in his hometown of Chicago. Those gimmick matches made sense.

Or how about cage matches? Big Show vs JBL at No Way Out 2005 was made a barbed-wire cage match because JBL's Cabinet kept interfering, and this kept them out. The gimmick responded specifically to the story being told. Orton vs Sheamus does no such thing.

Hell in a Cell and Cage are almost the same thing. One has a roof and one doesn't. I doubt they are going to have hardcore match now because people would criticize them for "copying TNA" as TNA has done a series of Hardcore matches since EV2.0 has arrived. Ladder match I guess, but can you really see Sheamus or Orton in a ladder match besides MITB? People think HIAC is great, guys, it once was, not anymore. Its been reduced to just a match, same as the Royal Rumble.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That's not his point. His point is that the story hasn't followed a logical progression in its escalation. It's like it's gone from 1st gear to overdrive and skipped every step in between.

Axis

Reaction score
Hell in a Cell and Cage are almost the same thing. One has a roof and one doesn't. I doubt they are going to have hardcore match now because people would criticize them for "copying TNA" as TNA has done a series of Hardcore matches since EV2.0 has arrived. Ladder match I guess, but can you really see Sheamus or Orton in a ladder match besides MITB? People think HIAC is great, guys, it once was, not anymore. Its been reduced to just a match, same as the Royal Rumble.

I see you were incapable of grasping anything I just said.

Beer

Reaction score
What the fuck are you talking about? This isn't about the physical aspect of things, or the realistic feeling of the match. It's about WWE completely shitting on every high profile stipulation that they once built up to be something that everyone knew would completely blow you away.

Having a Pay-Per-View for Elimination Chamber and HIAC and TLC has completely ruined the shock factor you got when the deadliest factors in professional wrestling were introduced. Now they're coming round every year, you know it's gonna happen, and for once, you know that it won't even be that extreme... This could actually be cancelled out if WWE built up for the matches, but sadly it seems that especially this year, and partly last year, they just thought, "HIAC is coming, oh fuck, there's supposed to be a brutal HIAC match soon... umm, whatever, we'll just make the world title matches Hell in a Cell's". Which is complete and utter bullshit! Like Axis has said, HIAC is one of those matches that has to mean something, that HAS to be a final blow out, a career ender. But WWE are now feeling under pressure that they have to throw them into a PPV.

Sadly, I see no redeeming qualities about HIAC being on a schedule, and I can't see the profile of a HIAC match becoming what it once was unless it takes a longggg hiatus and returns in epic style.

Beer

Reaction score
Sad really; what WWE has become. They literally just plough down our throats tons of high profile stips/matches in order to gain a few cheap rating points. It's got no substance these days. Nothing to really make you want to return.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
That's not his point. His point is that the story hasn't followed a logical progression in its escalation. It's like it's gone from 1st gear to overdrive and skipped every step in between.

WWE isn't going to make HIAC worth anything ever again. Just look at it as a normal match(not normal, but like nothing special) with a little stip. Thats all im saying.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that I shouldn't complain, I should just bend over and take it like a good little altar boy?

Axis

Reaction score
Then don't complain about Russo, because it's not going to make TNA fire him.

Axis

Reaction score
You're trying to use humor to divert attention away from your hypocrisy, and it's failing miserably.

Beer

Reaction score
Well, your complaining isn't going to make WWE change their mind.

rofl. it's kinda the point of a forum? we're not here to just praise wwe, we're here to discuss what could be improved. you honestly are a complete fuckwit and every post you've ever made is void of any substance or thought.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm not surprised to see this at all. Saying to look at HIAC as a "normal" stip match is exactly right. Because WWE is written by clowns who don't know anything about good plotlines or storytelling, or else they would be in Hollywood writing "Medium" arcs, which I guarantee that every person involved in writing/booking would rather be, sans the road agents and MAYBE Triple H. It doesn't matter that in the past the HIAC was used as an epic bloodbath feud ender, because they don't respect their own history, so I don't understand complaining about it now, when it's been this way for awhile in this shitty company. It's more worth laughing at than anything that their ratings and buyrates continue to plunge with these stupid gimmick pay-per-views and bad soap opera storylines, I would think Vince and co. the business people will realize that these shows take away more than they help, and they'll be gone after WM, but this Vince obviously isn't what he once was mentally, so it's anybody's guess there.

...god...

Reaction score
G1, Monk and Axis, up for watching this on stream with me? for old times sake?
K, even tho it'll suck. And we need rob too, and Enzo. The saving grace of this PPV would be if Triple H returned and sledgehammered everyone. :/