Heat on Edge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I don't know if I would call this heat.

Assuming this story is true, that Edge was offered a Legends contract deal and he declined it, I could see management being annoyed that he didn't sign. I can also see them being annoyed that he'd take bookings to do appearances for any other promotions when he could be doing the same thing for them. I'm sure they weren't happy when Flair signed on with TNA after his "retirement", Foley signed on with TNA. For that matter, they may believe RVD should be working for them full time still if he's able-bodied.

I could see some bitterness with Foley if it's true there was a lot of friction when the guy left in a huff after his announcer job wasn't going very well. That could have come off as a f-you to Vince.

I'm not convinced "heat" really applies in most of these situations. But it seems only natural that someone isn't going to be happy when they don't get their way. I don't think that will keep the WWE from doing business with Edge again in the near future. At least not unless the WWE suddenly decides to cut off these ex-wrestlers completely unless they sign a contract promising exclusive services, management rights, their soul, etc. or they simply decide he's been out of the limelight for so long that any appearances by him would really do nothing for them.

The Beth stuff sounds a bit silly and far-fetched. Divas always seemed rather disposable to the WWE.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Honestly, let the dude do what he enjoys. Being on a show like House of Hardcore could be something for nostalgia purposes, and to also help his friend Tommy.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Beth leaving to help Edge with his neck? Better than anything creative is giving her.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Same site is speculating if Mr Belding turned down a deal from WWE.

Sauce is shit.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure that WWE would be disappointed that Edge didn't take the Legends deal but I highly doubt there would be any heat on him. Edge clearly knows his worth and doesn't want to be restricted in what he does. As for Beth leaving to take care of him I think that they are adding 2 and 2 and getting 74.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've read a lot of obviously bogus reports, but this is one of them that takes the cake.

First of all, why would WWE be pissed off at Edge for helping Tommy Dreamer's promotion? Since when did Tommy Dreamer become the Adolf Hitler of indy promotions? I was never much a fan of the guy either, but somehow I just can't picture WWE's front office being all like, "WHAT?! YOU SON OF A BITCH HOW COULD YOU!!!" about something like that.

I'm not sure what the terms of a legends contract are, but if it's basically just WWE bribing their former employees not to work anywhere else and they're not even bribing them with good money, then it shouldn't come as a shock that Edge is considering other options.

And if WWE would actually DO SOMETHING with Beth Phoenix (or any of the Divas), she likely wouldn't be leaving. I don't know if there are any other reasons she's leaving, but I'm pretty sure she isn't just leaving to keep Edge's dick wet after his surgery, because that's really what this report makes it sound like. What does "help him recover from neck surgery" mean in her case? I wasn't aware she was a nurse or a paramedic. Sounds to me like whoever wrote this report is trying to paint her as Florence Nightingale which is beyond fucking stupid. I can't believe someone would post that and think anyone would actually buy that load of shit.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The report sounds like dirtsheets found out about Edge doing the House of Hardcore appearance and decided to imply something like the Beth thing with it. So good to know as part of the IWC I'm supposed to take this seriously. Fuck that shit. People should call these folks out more.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The report sounds like dirtsheets found out about Edge doing the House of Hardcore appearance and decided to imply something like the Beth thing with it. So good to know as part of the IWC I'm supposed to take this seriously. Fuck that shit. People should call these folks out more.

:piper: did a good job at calling a dirt sheet out not so long ago, that was entertaining.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Seeing as how I haven't read anything else of any significance regarding this report, I think it's safe to say it's just some dumbass trying to stir the pot.